''United plan to welcome a new goalkeeper, a younger midfielder and a striker in the summer as permanent arrivals.'' Who will they be?

croadyman

Everything in relation to this changes if we get the Qatari group buying us. I’ll be shocked if we only have 3 new incomings in the summer under them.
Only want GK,De Jong/Bellingham & striker for first XI,if this means we get some quality squad depth too then great

Chief123

Only want GK,De Jong/Bellingham & striker for first XI,if this means we get some quality squad depth too then great
In an ideal we would want more than that. As well as the likes of some of them have done, the truth is a number of our first team players could be improved if the money is available. Dalot, Antony, Eriksen, De Gea, Weghorst/Martial could all be upgraded. Even the likes of Bruno and Rashford can be upgraded if we’re willing to pay for superstar money.

NLunited

In an ideal we would want more than that. As well as the likes of some of them have done, the truth is a number of our first team players could be improved if the money is available. Dalot, Antony, Eriksen, De Gea, Weghorst/Martial could all be upgraded. Even the likes of Bruno and Rashford can be upgraded if we’re willing to pay for superstar money.
Yes let‘s upgrade our best players. Weghorst needs upgrading, although he could stay as a squad option.

We need top striker, playmaker, dm, gk, another first rate cb. If you think we will bring in more than five players, you are dreaming.

croadyman

Yes let‘s upgrade our best players. Weghorst needs upgrading, although he could stay as a squad option.

We need top striker, playmaker, dm, gk, another first rate cb. If you think we will bring in more than five players, you are dreaming.
Still would like to see us sign a couple of free agents just for some squad depth. Maybe a Kroos and Thuram/N'dicka would do nicely

SAFMUTD

When Qatar buys us we'll get Bellingham/De Jong, David Raya and Osimhen. :drool:

Slevs

likes to play with penises
New Goalkeeper - Butland made permanent
New Striker - WW made permanent
Midfielder - Zidane/Mainno getting more minutes

Sorry to spoil the party:wenger:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

I mean, James Ducker was saying in January that with the new UEFA Financial Sustainability rules that spending may be restricted unless we're able to both sell well and finish in the CL...

croadyman

I mean, James Ducker was saying in January that with the new UEFA Financial Sustainability rules that spending may be restricted unless we're able to both sell well and finish in the CL...
Don't be silly he always plays safe

NoPace

My predictions:

GK - Sanchez, has it all in his locker, good age, will be expensive but if he's your keeper for the next 8 years it's a good deal even if it's 60M like Cucarella cost.

CM - Sabitzer and a young DM. I've never heard of this guy but let's say Ugochukwu, who is turning 19 in March, 6'3 and already playing for Rennes and France U-18 and U-19. Out of contract in 2025, so Rennes might take good money for him this summer.

ST - Gonzalo Ramos, there's a Kane or Osimhen saga but it never happens and we pick the safe option with the idea that if it fails he'll be a good backup or can be sold at a small loss since striker prices seem to be going up forever and bubbles never pop.

And I'm annoyed as McTominay gets one final year (his contract expires in 2026 when you include his option so we still get full price in 2024) to back up Casemiro.

But in truth I see Maguire leaving and so let's say we sign Doekhi from Union Berlin as he's tall, Dutch, seems to be having a good season and can pass and probably would be happy to come here and backup Varane. I have never seen this man play.

So yeah, prediction is:
Ramos - 78M
Sabitzer - 25M
Ugochukwu - 22M
Sanchez - 50M
Doekhi - 18M

and out:
Maguire - 24M
and the rest leaving are frees and loans.

sparx99

Dont Forget Hannibal and Amad to come back.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

We're obviously going to buy some new players. We always do

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
New Keeper - Donnarumma
New midfielder - Verratti
New Striker - Mbappe

Marquinhos is probably coming as well

MetoTTT

New Keeper - Donnarumma
New Striker - Mbappe

Don't want Donnarumma, Verratti and Marquinhos (was excellent 2-3 years ago). Verratti is so overrated and not so professionnal.
Just back the manager and put a quality DOF and scout system and let them decide is what I would want.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Don't want Donnarumma, Verratti and Marquinhos (was excellent 2-3 years ago). Verratti is so overrated and not so professionnal.
Just back the manager and put a quality DOF and scout system and let them decide is what I would want.
thank you for taking that post seriously

Erik the Red

New Keeper - Donnarumma
New Striker - Mbappe

Qatar have ruled out Mbappe, Messi and Neymar. They're probably scared of being seen to be conflicted by buying players from PSG.

Infra-red

New Keeper - Donnarumma
New Striker - Mbappe

I know that this post was not intended to be serious, but given the pains to which the Qataris have seemingly gone to differentiate between the current owners of PSG and the prospective owners of United, we can be assured that they are very keen to avoid any sense of impropriety.

I don't know who we'll buy this summer, but if the Qataris are United's new owners, we can almost guarantee that United will not sign any players from PSG.

jesperjaap

• Goalkeeper: Maarten Vandevoordt
  • Midfielder: Alberto Moleiro
  • Center Forward: Evan Ferguson
Mind you, those picks are secondary; good new owners and better support structure for ten Hag are of primary importance.
Vandervoordt is lready going to Leipzig in like a 2025 or somethign though isnt he?

jesperjaap

Personally surprised by ll these Raya for GK shouts....he is a very good yougn keeper....but for me its careful what you wish for. DeGea may not be the peffect modern keeper but he still makes a lot of crucial saves not many keeper can. Ive barely seen him but Vandervoort looks the one keeper go enough to be the numbe rone here long term from young keepers, but he is already going to Leipzig and said last season....i expect him to be a huge fee signing in the next 2/3 seasons for a European powerhouse. I think we should be lookign at cheaper options than the premiership and as a number two for now, anothe rone barely seen is Vicario at Empoli, but he seems to be an emerging star....Someone liks that for £20-30m, let them settle in and play cup games and from there they can compete with Degea next year, who still has lots to offer and lots to surpass even if he isnt a modern keeper.

Im midfield Enzo Fernandez was the perfect signing fro what we need. Outside of that Belllingham has to be the priority (but not sure it happens) and not adverse to Rice either as I think he offers more going forward in the right side than we have seen....also laughbale only a year or two back people saying McTominay is better. If we are looking at options outside of that Caqueret has always impressed me when I have seen him play and would fit in well in this side I feel.

As for the striker, Kane is the obvious one...obviously a world class stiker, for some reason I think he is going to fade after a season or two so its just not the right player to outlay so much money on....and he is a Spurs man. Vlahovic is still very young and looks a quality striker but not sure how he fits into our side mobility wise. For me its Omishen.

Vicario£25m
Caqueret £40m
Omishen £80m

I do still think we also need a couple of quality squad additions which may be possilbe with outgoings I expect:

Henderson
Heaton
Bailly
Jones
Maguire
Telles
Williams
Tuanzabe
VDB
McTominay
Martial

Alo would expect one of Elanga, Pellestri, Amad to go.......Thats a lot of wages off the books and pretty close to a zero net spend. I would keep Bissaka still think he can be a good right back and now Gusto is off to Chelsea I dont see a huge improvement worth spending on what we have potentially at right back, though Livaramento is worth watching when he returns.

I would like to add a young centre back to our squad as I dont have faith in Lindelof playing so often if Varane is injured, and with Shaws emergence as a left sided centre back too....we dont need to replace Maguire there. Not seen much of him this season but Lukeba at Lyon really impressed me and I also think Bella Kothchap looks to have a lot of attribues to be a top centre back.

I am also very much of the thinking we need TWO centre forwards signed this summer. I had never heard of him until Stephen Howson mentioned him, so only going by youtube, but he described him as a Harry Kane regen and his movement, penalties etc on youtube very much looks similar so Mateo Retegui is an interesting one.

DeGea - Vicario
Bissaka - Dalot
Varane - Lukeba
MArtinez - Lindelof
Shaw - Malacia
Casemeiro - Mainoo
Caqueret - Fred
Fernandes - Eriksen
Rashford - Garnacho
Antony - Sancho
Omishen - Retegui

Add Hannibal, Mainoo, Amad and Pellestri in and I think thats a very strong squad

[/QUOTE]

Xaviboy

I would like to see De Paul from athletico Madrid in our midfield.

Think games where Casemiro is missing he is one that could do job.

Midfield of Casemiro, De Paul and Eriksen/ Bruno

Woziak

I have a feeling some of the work for certain transfers are already being looked at. We will also be selling players that will influence our transfer strategy. The better we do in the next few months, the more the Glaziers will drag out the sale and threaten to stay unless they get £5,5bn or $6bn.

Scenario A - The club is still owned by Glaziers ;
We Sell AWB, Harry Maguire, D Henderson, A Telles, DVB, (can see E Baily coming back as 4th CB) B Williams, A Ellanga
Firesale of about £80m, they will give us another £70m promising a sale soon or new investment for stadium.
Can only see the club buying a cheap GK like Vicario(25m) Sabitzer permanent(20m) Dumfries (35m) , Vlahovic (70m) and Weghorst if Burnley will selll for £5m

Scenario B - New owners will add £250m budget to player sales giving ETH budget of £300-330m same players will be Sold plus maybe E Bailey and Fred. we will buy a GK, RB, CB, DM, CM, No 10 and CFW

Money No object ; D Costa(50m), Dumfries (36m) , N Schlotterbeck or M Salisu (44m) FDJ (60M) M Kudus or Valverde (60/70m) P Dyballa(15m/ M Rheus Free)
Osimhen or Kane (110/100m)

Most of these are ridiculously difficultso maybe 2 of them done in winter transfer window