''United plan to welcome a new goalkeeper, a younger midfielder and a striker in the summer as permanent arrivals.'' Who will they be?

croadyman

Maybe we will get an experienced, oldish striker now that you know who is coming back. Spend the money else where?
Benzema on free,however be very surprised if you know who has any way back at this club

croadyman

Raya
Macallister
Sabitzer
Weghorst
Gonçalo Ramos

Leaving
Henderson
Martial
Maguire
Mctominay
Still need CB cover,we will try for Osimhen/Kane first but if we can't get either then Ramos could be next. Mind you it could work if we somehow lure another top class ex Madrid player here.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Benzema on free,however, be very surprised if you know who has any way back at this club
You know who's talent and the asset value is too big to ignore.

If we rid him, I guarantee you, someone top, top Portuguese or German club will take him if he doesn't play here in 12 months' time. He's only 21.

Then he'll be sold on back to a top 6 PL club at £120 million when he reaches his peak at 25 or so, scoring 20+ goals a season ..... when everything's forgotten or blown over.

We'll be asking why we didn't handle this better. And Caftards will be calling United management ''incompetents'' in 2027

Last edited:

padzilla

Hipster
Is this because we never buy players under them or something? Or we just venting?
I think it's not unreasonable to assume they will keep spending to a minimum at this stage as they look to sell the club and get out with their pockets lined.

I would love to be wrong though and we do see the right investment in the summer.

Josep Dowling

I’d say we need to add a decent RB as well. With Dalot injured, Wan Bissaka has shown again he’s not good enough for United.

AdNani

Still need CB cover,we will try for Osimhen/Kane first but if we can't get either then Ramos could be next. Mind you it could work if we somehow lure another top class ex Madrid player here.
Would have Varane, Martinez, Lindelof, Shaw and a youth player to cover at CB was my thinking.

I don't think Kane and Osimhen are viable, tbh, Levy will be a nightmare and Osimhen will have 150m price tag, the Napoli president makes Levy seem like a dream. If we can get either without getting mugged off then absolutely

AdNani

I’d say we need to add a decent RB as well. With Dalot injured, Wan Bissaka has shown again he’s not good enough for United.
Disagree with that, he's been one of our better performers post world cup

StiffTackle

I agree we definitely need a right back but Im 50/50 on which of the current two should be replaced.

Dalot played very well at the start of the season but I think AWBs recent performances have shown that a lot of the improvement we’ve seen is down to the system and coaching rather than either of them as individuals (though both have also added things to their game individually).

We need to replicate the relationship Antony had with Mazraoui as that gets the best out of both positions and neither Dalot nor AWB are capable of attacking to that level. Whichever one we keep will perform the role of defensive RB and Im comfortable that EtH will make the correct choice.

Dannn411

Need more than 3 to significantly improve us and also because of departures. Maguire, Mctom, VDB, AWB, Brandon Williams, Tuanzebe all need to go permanently. Think Martial isn't good enough either and should be sold if we can get a good offer and some others like Elanga may be permanently sold too.

ForeverRed1

:lol: 150m Sterling for Jude.

Mate, do me a favor. Quote me now and come back in Summer, please.
130-150 for sure. But He will cost more than the 90 you quoted. Enzo Fernandez and Grealish went for more than that. You think he will go for less than them yeah?

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
Crazy there is no love for Bellingham in here. Bossed every level he’s played at so far..

Bwuk

I don’t see why people don’t think we’d be in running for Bellingham if we are interested.

I’d imagine City/Madrid would be favourites with us as third. The Liverpool thing seems to be their fanbase wishing it to happen.

ForeverRed1

Crazy there is no love for Bellingham in here. Bossed every level he’s played at so far..
would love him but will cost a fortune and have his pick of clubs. To be honest he would absolutely suit us, 15 years ago he would of been a United signing without a doubt but now you have the likes of city who can Chuck the world at him and his family and promise silverware.. so it’s not as straight forward. If players cared about playing for clubs with heart, soul and tradition he’d choose us as much as anyone but it’s unlikely. At 19 I doubt he really knows what this club is about, he has grown up in the city dominating era so I wouldn’t be shocked if he ends up there. I’d love to be wrong, he does seem like a good lad, he would light up old Trafford.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

We also need a central defender with Varane's patchy injury record and Lindelof or Maguire possibly leaving. Gvardiol or Kim.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
As much as I'd love to see Bellingham in a Utd shirt.....I honestly don't think we should be spending 120m + on a single player. These mega deals rarely work out for us.

You don't have to spend massive on signings to have a great team either. Arsenal are top of the league and they haven't gone huge on that many of their team. Liverpool of last few years the same too.

I'd rather bring in 5 quality players than 2 very expensive ones.

rajds89

What I’d like and what I think we’ll get is two completely different lists..

I’d like-
Keeper: Diogo Costa
Midfielder: Jude Bellingham
Striker: Victor Oshimen

Who I think we’ll get-
Keeper: David Raya
Midfielder: Marcel Sabizter
Striker: Harry Kane

In truth, I wouldn’t be upset with any of the names listed and would all be an upgrade on what we currently have.

TheReligion

Abusive
Costa as a keeper would be very expensive and I have to say I was far from impressed with him at the World Cup.

Raya would be much cheaper and is Prem proven. Think he’s the sensible target to pursue in terms of a GK spot. I also suspect DDG will stay on more reduced terms.

ForeverRed1

He's on 1million quid a week. Ain't happening and nor should it.
will any club he goes to next pay that though? Other than Saudi or China or whatever ?

if he goes prem or la liga next he will have to take a pay cut, surely? Will he stay at PSG his entire 20s? What a shame that would be to not see what he can do in the prem for example.

AneRu

Depends if we get taken over and by who
This will be key and Ten Hag has built the team to such an extent that we are one big window away from being genuine title challengers. I suspect that part of the reason Chelsea have gone mad in the window is that they fear what we could do in the market if we, and Liverpool, get new ownership.
What I’d like and what I think we’ll get is two completely different lists..

I’d like-
Keeper: Diogo Costa
Midfielder: Jude Bellingham
Striker: Victor Oshimen

Who I think we’ll get-
Keeper: David Raya
Midfielder: Marcel Sabizter
Striker: Harry Kane

In truth, I wouldn’t be upset with any of the names listed and would all be an upgrade on what we currently have.
I think the second list would be more sustainable but if we get new owners and finish on the up we will have enough money and pull to make the first list attainable. A bona fide 30 goal striker turns this team into a PL and CL contender and with a few available I don't think we will miss out on one.

More important would be Casemiro's partner and whether our wingers find some form of consistent form to be regular goal contributors. This, for me, is a bigger worry - we could get a playmaking CM like Eriksen in De Jong or someone of his ilk but find ourselves a bid open on the break which fatal in this league so both the technical and defensive attributes will be important which is my I am more inclined toward making Sabitzer permanent if he impresses.

We have the numbers on the wings with Garnacho's emergence but besides the youngster, Rashford and Bruno no one else has acceptable form or consistency. Sancho could, he has shown glimpses in this league, so a big four months ahead for him. Antony is settling so we would need to be more patient. However imagine that both don't turn it around where are the other goals coming from after the new striker, Rashford and Bruno? To challenge an in form City you have tonbe able to score plenty, we might need another winger to come in.

Gurtej

I can’t believe how many of us underestimate United pull especially if we end up in top 4 and with new owners who would definitely want to spend big in their first transfer window. I am sure ETH will be supported in every way possible under new ownership (Atleast for couple of windows)

Sparky Rhiwabon

With new owners willing to spend a bit of money, I’d say something like:

Raya
Bellingham
Osimhen or Kane

We'd also be looking to sell Maguire and bring in a younger prospect CB

Chief123

Everything in relation to this changes if we get the Qatari group buying us. I’ll be shocked if we only have 3 new incomings in the summer under them.