United players you have loved and hated

Blood Mage

I actually still have a soft spot for Tevez, I can't help it. He ran himself into the ground for United while he was here. Yes he betrayed us but he felt let down by Ferguson and I can't say I blame him tbh.

Real Name

Love:
Cantona

and then in no particular order:
Beckham
Scholes
Giggs
Evra
Ronaldo
RVP
Chicharito
Rio
Roy Keane
Ole
VDS
Irwin

'Hate' (more like dislike):
Lingard
Pogba
Alexis
Tevez
Di Maria
Lukaku

Real Name

I actually still have a soft spot for Tevez, I can't help it. He ran himself into the ground for United while he was here. Yes he betrayed us but he felt let down by Ferguson and I can't say I blame him tbh.
Try to help yourself though.

NewYorkRed

Love(d):
Ronaldo, Vidic, Evra, RVN, Scholes, DDG, Twins, Saha, Nani, Ando, Owen Hargreaves

Hated:
Evans, Lingard, Maguire, Shaw, Lukaku.

Loved and hated:
Rooney, Tevez, Heinze.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Some of my all-time faves:
Cole
Yorke
Cantona
McClair
Smith
Ronaldo
van Persie
Solskjaer
Keane
Rafael
Irwin
Ibrahimovic
Falcao
Brown
van Nistelrooy

Most despised:
Heinze
Smalling
Maguire
Sealey
Schneiderlin
Powell
Obertan
Webb
Thornley
Prunier
Coton
Greening
Nevland
Heinze I get, but what did the rest do to make you despise them?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I find it quite interesting how a lot of the players that “tried or joined Man City” can get some hate - yet we have quite a large bunch of fans supporting them to win the title over another rival.

Red00012

Some of my all-time faves:
Cole
Yorke
Cantona
McClair
Smith
Ronaldo
van Persie
Solskjaer
Keane
Rafael
Irwin
Ibrahimovic
Falcao
Brown
van Nistelrooy

Most despised:
Heinze
Smalling
Maguire
Sealey
Schneiderlin
Powell
Obertan
Webb
Thornley
Prunier
Coton
Greening
Nevland
I’ve lots of questions for your despised but I’ll ask one . Why Prunier ?

Lentwood

I wouldn't say I 'hate' any of our players but I have had a real hard time getting behind Marcus Rashford - and it's not his fault really.

I came to see him as symbolic of a period of gross mismanagement/sentimentality/skewed priorities as the club seemed absolute desperate to blow his talent up far beyond what it actually was.

Those who have seen my post history will see I have never, ever rated Rashford. Now, that in itself isn't an issue. I don't rate Scott McTominay but I have often defended him from criticism because he is what he is and he puts in 100% for the club.

With Rashford, however, I felt like that little kid in the 'Emperor's New Clothes' fable. All I saw was a bang average football player with a bit of speed and, granted, a howitzer of a strike on him. Certainly not this 'world-class footballer' we kept claiming we had. We put him on insane wages, paraded him across all of our platforms, talked him up as on-par with Ronaldo and Rooney at the same age...and it was all absolute b*llocks. The pundits loved him too, every minor glory was met with fanfare and his continuously God-awful performances were excused or downright ignored. I felt like I was going crazy!

Now, I have been proved conclusively correct and thankfully tide of public opinion has well and truly turned. Albeit, now it's gone too far, as usual, and we're just kicking the lad whilst he is down. Like I said, it's not HIS fault the club filled his head with nonsense and tried to pull the wool over our eyes. Now we're talking about 'wasted talent' when really, we should have known this is really his ceiling and he would have been far more fairly treated and accurately assessed as a bit-part squad player....as opposed to having the weight of the future of the club piled on his shoulders in his early 20s

Irwin99

Hate is a strong word. Don't think i've ever hated a United player. Been extremely annoyed with some for a couple of seasons or with their legacy with the club

Love:
Keane
Ronaldo
Scholes
Irwin
Cantona
Andy Cole
Evra
Vidic

Persistent annoyance or dislike:
Di Maria
Shaw
Pogba
Lingard

Never sure what to think about Sanchez despite arguably being our worst ever signing. I don't recall there being an obvious lack of effort from him (Di Maria) or him talking crap in the media (Pogba), he was just absolute rubbish and just seemed absolutely lost.

Lentwood

Could have had more respect for the fans who sung his name at every game though....no?

Irrespective of how he felt about SAF and the club, didn't have to try and rub the fans' noses in it too. He was a very popular player during his time here, despite never really hitting the heights of the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo, Cantona etc...

Amir

I don't hate or dislike any United players.

As for loving - It's a huge list... But I always had an extra soft spot for Kanchelskis.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
The loved list would feature 200 players, but the hate list would only have one: Paul Pogba.
The likes of Carlos Tevez, Gabriel Heinze and Michael Owen have played for this club, but you only hate pogba? Would love to hear your reasoning.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Its mad how certain current players seem to get more hate than the rest of the team even though they're all shite.

Foxbatt

I really loved Ando. He gave all during his brief time on the pitch. I have also discovered that he was involved in a lot of our great goals not as the assister but just before that.
Who can forget him making faces at the keeper as he is blocking him.
Rashford I dislike him now. If he tried on the pitch and it didn't come off, I will accept it.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Loved Fortune; what an attitude to have. Not everyone’s cup of tea but I like triers

hate Lindelof. Just doesn’t have an defending basics. The type of stuff that you’d see on a Saturday morning on a non league field.
his passive attitude; his hair flicks, his back pedalling and leaving everything to everyone else. His brainwashed fans making excuses “good enough for backup”, “great passer”, “marks space”. No he’s not. I don’t want him to watch an empty bit of grass, I want him to try and defend. Go on. TRY: no that’s right you can’t because you’re shit. Get Out. Sell sell sell

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Love - Giggs

Hate - Giggs

He was quite everything and many tried to fill his shoes, even though at the end, through all his family issues I despised him.

Victor Valdes was hard to like, way more than Barthez who had few decent moments. Heinze flirting with Pool was weird, but as a player he was too insignificant to even try and hate him.

Vernon Philander

Dislike Shaw, for all the pity he fanned up during the Mourinho saga, only to be proved to be a fraud with barely 1 good season out of 8 with us.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I love Keane, Becks, Ruud and RvP.

Then there are a lot of other players I like and some I dislike. But can‘t be bothered to name them all.

Oh and I also still have a soft spot for Tevez (he seemed to have low IQ off the pitch so I can get over some of the stuff he did after leaving us).
Kill me now!

diarm

I never really liked Chicharito. No real reason for it (although I did think he was a bit moany and thought he was more important than he was, both when leaving us and then at Madrid) but I never really warmed to him.

Players who weren't amazing but who I really liked included Anderson, Blind, Rafael, Gillespie, Forlan and then obviously Ji Sung Park.

Uniquim

Loved list would be pretty long, but a few outside the most mentioned ones: Lee Sharpe (when he was good), Denis Irwin, Anderson, Rafael & Fabio, and probably a lot more tbh.

And special mention to Raymond van der Gouw for being a solid number 2 for a lot of years without complaining (as far as I know)
Was quite fond of Adnan Januzaj for a while too.

Dislike: Owen Hargreaves (talked too much shit about the club after leaving, also joined City), Gabriel Obertan (joined the summer Ronaldo left, never really impressed that much. dislike more than hate though), John Obi Mikel, oh yeah and Fellaini, he was a big signing post-Fergie and played in a way I didn't want United to play, so it's a bit unfair tbh.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I love Keane, Becks, Ruud and RvP.

Then there are a lot of other players I like and some I dislike. But can‘t be bothered to name them all.

Oh and I also still have a soft spot for Tevez (he seemed to have low IQ off the pitch so I can get over some of the stuff he did after leaving us).
Kill me now!
Teveth with Roon and Ronnie murdered Europe including Pep's Barca.

Bringing Owen in his place was such a downgrade.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Teveth with Roon and Ronnie murdered Europe including Pep's Barca.

Bringing Owen in his place was such a downgrade.
Pep wasn‘t at Barca in 2008.
I would have kept Tevez instead of Berbatov/not tried to get Berbatov at all.

Strootman's Finger

Love:

Vidic
RVN
Beckham
Scholes
Evra
Ronaldo
VDS
Carrick
Fletcher
RVP

Hate:

Heinze
Anderson
Rooney
Fellaini
Pogba

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
As I don't know any of them personally, this is only from a purely footballing point of view.
Law and Vidic I would say are my favourites.
Having been a fan of United for nearly sixty years the only two who I really can't wait to see the back of and have done for several years now are both in the current squad - Lingard and Lindelof, how these two ever became regular players for United I will never comprehend.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
"Teveth with the ball" - Mike Tyson
:lol:
Pep wasn‘t at Barca in 2008.
I would have kept Tevez instead of Berbatov/not tried to get Berbatov at all.
When choosing only, Tevez probably had more fuel in the tank to play more years. Would go even further and keep both Berba & Tevez and not get Obertan & Owen.

At some point Tevez in form could even play midfield role in case of emergency, he had so much effort and energy. SAF would have tons of options and wouldn't be even worried about Rooney's issues. With Valencia joining in that time this team could still possess some top power.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
favourite; paul labia pogba. ready for the big time but cast out by an evil sir alec, probably for being too talented and making other academy prospects feel inferior. a mere fledgling, missing nowt more than a guiding arm around his shoulder and a song in his heart. thankfully he was adopted by mino. a benevolent guardian with his best interests at heart. he was able to flourish in the harsh lands of europe and become the best midfielder in the world, all this before returning to united for a bargain price years later. like the prodigal son, he returned to conquer our opponents and return us to the top of the footballing tree. he leaves us this summer with his oath filled. vale paul labia pogba, vale.

ronaldo worst. left the club and had his best years elsewhere before returning and stinking the place out.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Loved Heinze and Tevez when they were here. Nutters who played on the edge. Hate them now really.

I strongly dislike the youth players who broke through here post Fergie. They don’t strike me as being very smart and I also think they don’t give a shit about the fans whatsoever. Once they really make it it’s all just PR about caring and being one of us