Roy Keane
RVN
Cristiano Ronaldo
Wayne Rooney

No recent players for some reason.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Sure I can.

I mean, not everything is down to either black or white, there are things you could love about a person, there are also things you could hate, human are supposed to have love/hate relationship, and it’s often complicated.

Or lets just put it this way, Giggs has given us credits of 100 pts but negativity of -50 pts, he still earn 50 pts credits. Greenwood has give us 0 credits but negativity of -50 pts, he is at far end of negative.
Awesome, so when Greenwood's trial is over and he's paid whatever price is coming to him, we can just get him back in the side. Sweet! He'll give us 20 years of good service and titles once we let bygones be bygones.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Heinze I get, but what did the rest do to make you despise them?
They were just 'nothing' players to me. It was probably irrational but they were just players I hated seeing on the teamsheet. Smalling was more of a Maguire-like hate. He was just dogshit. Like Schneiderlin. Hated when we signed him from Southampton for £25m. Waste of money.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
How could anyone hate Les Sealey? He came in on a free. Settled the team and helped us in the cup final replay. We’d have lost that with Leighton still in goal. Was willing to play on one leg to help us win CWC in 91 and was generally a brilliant character.

We met him as kids at the cliff and what a great guy he was. He gave us so much time….then left in an clapped out old banger:lol:

Don’t know why anyone would hate him.
I just didn't rate him at the time. He used to think that if he just screamed and shouted at his teammates, it absolved him of any bad performances. All I remember is him just screaming all the time. Used to wind me up something terrible.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I just didn't rate him at the time. He used to think that if he just screamed and shouted at his teammates, it absolved him of any bad performances. All I remember is him just screaming all the time. Used to wind me up something terrible.
Oh man, that chap was a laugh. Kept the ball out with any bit if his body.
i read that he once painted his car with normal paint. Nutter

TOPREDIAMNOT

Pre 2011 there was so many to admire. You could see the determination. The anger when we lost. What it meant to score a last minuter winner (sheff Wed 1993...LOOOL) The joy they shared with the fans on so many trophy wins from 1990 -2012.Too many. I'd forget so many from: Robson, Hughes, Mclair, Cantona, Keane, Kancheslkis, Neville (G) Pallister, Bruce, Rio, Vidic, Butt, Beckham, Schmeical, Parker, Giggs, Ruud, Ronaldo, Scholes....ahhh too many. Huge talents but always gave 100%

After 2013....IS there one that stands out? De Gea...?

This is where we went wrong. We went from a culture of footballers who actually gave a ** to buying brand names...

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Nothing about Aaron Wan Bissaka as a fullback is comforting to. This is where I start developing hard feelings for the lad. Maybe if he can reinvent himself successfully into a CB I might tolerate him as a footballer.
Right now he is just a fit imposter parading for a footballer.

MattJ166

Love -
Lets get the obvious ones out the way (Class of 93 & Key Treble winners as well as our key 08 Double winners)

Berba - actually had a real soft spot for him and even though he disrupted our team dynamic, I remember wishing we played him more. That hattrick against Liverpool :drool::devil:
RVP
Rafael Da Silva (pure passion)
Saha
Nani
Pre 2021 Rashford
Valencia in his POTY RB position and pre leg break

Can't stand (Don't hate any footballer except Terry, and the nonces/abusers)

Di Maria
Tevez
Lingard
Lukaku
Ashley Young (I don't know why but i used to lose my sh&t every time he played for us despite not doing too bad all things considered)

jeepers

Not sure if hate is the appropriate word here but I strongly dislike Lingard and Maguire. I didn’t like Cleverley either.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
De gea is someone I find performances to be irritating and not full at the club.

Kopral Jono

Cantona, Irwin, Cole, Beckham, Keane, Ferdinand, Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo and I could go on. I despise Di Maria and Depay, fecking useless cnuts. Despite everything we've known I just can't hate Lingard and Pogba for whatever reason, maybe it's because they came through our ranks.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Saha is a random one I like more than I probably should given how long he spent out injured.
Before the injuries really caught up he was looking like an actual beast.

daveskimufc

Don’t think I hate anyone. Di Maria probably comes closest
There were names that I’d cringe if I saw in the starting lineup:
P. Neville
Cleverley
Martial later on

Kopral Jono

Saha is a random one I like more than I probably should given how long he spent out injured.
Same here. Saha was something else in the first half of 2006/07. He scored for fun and formed a dynamic partnership with Rooney up top.

GueRed

The only player I loved and fanboyed over was Bryan Robson.
Growing up he was a footballing hero of mine.

So far never hated any player. Have been frustrated with a few, that's it.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Loved:
Cantona
Beckham
Keane
Giggs
Scholes
Yorke
Cole
Solksjaer
Ronaldo
Rooney
RVN
RVP
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Hated(to see them play in the first 11):
Butt
Park
Evans
Fellaini
Wellbeck
Cleverley
Anderson

Basically loved our great players hated our mediocre ones.

Nico87

When I was a kid I went to one of the open training sessions at the cliff where fans could watch, afterwards players would come and sign a handful of autographs and then leave with the exception of Beckham and Cantona who stayed for hours and made sure to sign every autograph, also randomly Michael Clegg did the same. So that elevated them in my eyes.

Additionally to that other than the obvious players named in other posts Ronny Johnsen was a big favourite of mine, and more illogically Jesper Blomqvist.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
My favourite United player of all time is probably Tevez :nervous:

Redlyn

Awesome, so when Greenwood's trial is over and he's paid whatever price is coming to him, we can just get him back in the side. Sweet! He'll give us 20 years of good service and titles once we let bygones be bygones.
If, and that's a big if yet to be seen, he somehow manages to still put in 20 years for us opinions will obviously improve over time. Not sure why you are so insistent on someone's opinion. You are not obliged to agree.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Love top 6:
Cole
Rooney
Keane
Rio
Rvp
Dave

"Hate" full list:
McT (he is so so so bad in football)
Lingard (rat)
Jones (leecher)
Solskjaer (leecher)

Not hate but dislike; Cristiano Ronaldo (the way how he left and his comments back then were disgrace)

Cabin Clown

Loved: Keane, Cantona, Becks, RVP, Gary Neville.

Never hated anyone TBH. Didn't like Di Maria and Tevez when they left though.

troylocker

Some of my all-time faves:
Cole
Yorke
Cantona
McClair
Smith
Ronaldo
van Persie
Solskjaer
Keane
Rafael
Irwin
Ibrahimovic
Falcao
Brown
van Nistelrooy

Most despised:
Heinze
Smalling
Maguire
Sealey
Schneiderlin
Powell
Obertan
Webb
Thornley
Prunier
Coton
Greening
Nevland
Funny list!

You can really hold a grudge, can't you? :lol:
What did Nevland, Thornley, Prunier and Coton (He didn't even play for us, sat on the bench 3 times) do in the few minutes they played for us to annoy you enough to putt them on this list 20 + years later?

While a stop gap mercenary like Falcao gets a place in the faves list:
4 goals in 29 games in a trophy free season without European football....then off he was.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I don't hate any of them, past or present.
I will say, outside of his legend status at the club, I never quite clicked with Ruud.

Negative Red

We're loving/hating them all as players and not as people, as originally stated. Otherwise we couldn't comment on any of them. Anyway...

Favourites: Hughes, Beckham, Van Nistelrooy, Rafael, Brown, Keane, Ronaldo

Dislikle: There's been plenty over the years that haven't worked out or been up to standard. Falcao, Schneiderlin, Djemba x2, McTominay. But none annoy me more than Rashford and MaGuire do.

RoyH1

Loved (and don't ask me why) Mark Hughes, Dennis Irwin, Bryan Robson, Cantona and Rio Ferdinand.

I don't like to use the word "hate" as I reserve that for far more serious things, but I never warmed up to Lingard and Tevez.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Loved:
Cantona
Beckham
Keane
Giggs
Scholes
Yorke
Cole
Solksjaer
Ronaldo
Rooney
RVN
RVP
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Hated(to see them play in the first 11):
Butt
Park
Evans
Fellaini
Wellbeck
Cleverley
Anderson

Basically loved our great players hated our mediocre ones.
How can you hate on Butt and Park? Butt was brilliant in the CL final in 1999 and Park was a big game player both of them gave everything for the club. Park was a crucial part to our success in the late 2000s. The front three of Rooney, Ronaldo and Park in the CL semi final tore Arsenal to shreds. :drool: Come on!

Even Jonny Evans was a good player for us and an important one when Vidic and Rio started getting a lot of injuries. He filled in and never let us down most of the time.

SirAF

Ageist
Too many to list in the "like" column but a quick list from the top of my head

Like:

Ronaldo
Keane
Ferdinand
Evra
Giggs
RvN
RvP
Schmeichel
Beckham
Vidic
Neville

Dislike:

Pogba
Lingard
Greenwood
Maguire
Tevez
Heinze

Smithy89

Like most past players, dislike all of the current squad bar about 5 players.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I loved Gabriel Heinze until that feeling swung right the other way after the Liverpool fiasco.

Had him on the back of my jersey, the prick.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Hate is such a strong word. (Baring 2 players for obvious reasons) why do people care so much to the extent that you hate them?
Nobody actually hates them ofcourse (I assume), but its a popular term which fits our current polarizing society where people are encouraged to identify themselves with either of two extreme opposites, without any room for nuance...

nickm

Loved: King Eric, Keano
Admired: Scholes, Giggs, Irwin, Rooney, Carrick, VDS
Mixed feelings: Beckham
Didn't love: Bosnich, Pogba
Never could understand the love for: Lee Sharpe, Wellbeck

Last edited:

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
How can you hate on Butt and Park? Butt was brilliant in the CL final in 1999 and Park was a big game player both of them gave everything for the club. Park was a crucial part to our success in the late 2000s. The front three of Rooney, Ronaldo and Park in the CL semi final tore Arsenal to shreds. :drool: Come on!

Even Jonny Evans was a good player for us and an important one when Vidic and Rio started getting a lot of injuries. He filled in and never let us down most of the time.
Looking at what we have now it can seem out of the line to hate Butt, Evans and Park, but they were just a level bellow others and we always had 6-7 super players in our starting line-up back then, that were also spectacular and capable of incredible matches.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Looking at what we have now it can seem out of the line to hate Butt, Evans and Park, but they were just a level bellow others and we always had 6-7 super players in our starting line-up back then, that were also spectacular and capable of incredible matches.
Being a level below players like Keane, Scholes, Rio or Vidic is absolutely no reason to have players like Butt, Park and Evans on the list. Each of these players contributed something in us being as successful as we where.