United players you have loved and hated

RedPed

Whatabouter.
If, and that's a big if yet to be seen, he somehow manages to still put in 20 years for us opinions will obviously improve over time. Not sure why you are so insistent on someone's opinion. You are not obliged to agree.
Yes, everyone has their opinion. I'm just thinking back to when the news broke about Greenwood and how he was lambasted on here and most fans were saying they didn't want to see him play for the club again. Some went as far as to say that if he did they would stop supporting United.

I'm just trying to square how those same fans are showing loyalty to an equally lowlife scumbag like Ryan Giggs.

Redlyn

Yes, everyone has their opinion. I'm just thinking back to when the news broke about Greenwood and how he was lambasted on here and most fans were saying they didn't want to see him play for the club again. Some went as far as to say that if he did they would stop supporting United.

I'm just trying to square how those same fans are showing loyalty to an equally lowlife scumbag like Ryan Giggs.
They don't have the same amount of credit in the bank. One has spend 20yrs playing for us. The fact that you hate Giggs to the same degree as Greenwood, is your choice. For others the years of service counts for something. It's all subjective feelings.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Being a level below players like Keane, Scholes, Rio or Vidic is absolutely no reason to have players like Butt, Park and Evans on the list. Each of these players contributed something in us being as successful as we where.
I very much know that now, but back then, I was just a kid and I wanted the very best player in each position.

georgipep

They don't have the same amount of credit in the bank. One has spend 20yrs playing for us. The fact that you hate Giggs to the same degree as Greenwood, is your choice. For others the years of service counts for something. It's all subjective feelings.
"credit in the bank" for being a social scum person is plain weird.
Would Giggs' credit be enough is he abused someone in your family? What if he played even better for United, won 3 Ballon D'ors and the team won 3 more CLs? Enough to treat your sister/daughter like shit?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
That's probably the dumbest and most fecked up thing I've heard on here in a while. I didn't say anything about hating Giggs? Go back to my list. He's not even on there. I'm just questioning the logic of different treatment for Giggs and Greenwood.

So just to clarify, you're ok with one of our players being guilty of domestic abuse just because he played for the club for over 20 years but we should ostracise Greenwood who (don't forget has been with the club for nearly 15 years) has done a similar thing?

Walters_19_MuFc

I've genuinely never hated any player who has played for United, but I've loved a few.

Wayne Rooney
Andy Cole
Danny Welbeck
Michael Carrick
Paul Pogba
Maroaune Fellaini
Phil Jones
Marcus Rashford

Someone

Something
I loved Ronney, Beckham, Scholes, Ole, Park, RVN, Vidic, VDS, Rafa & Fabio, and Cantona.

Never hated a united player really, but never liked Lingard, Di Maria, Pogba, and half the current squad.

Tap

My favourites were Vidic, Park, Keane, RVN, Ronaldo, Sheringham.

The dislikes are for those with combination of bad attitude and/or influence in the dressing room and lack of success here like Lukaku and Lingard.

Madcunian

Favourite: Robson, Irwin, Scholes, Keane, Beckham, Vidic, VDS, Park, Van Persie, Smith.
Despicable: Pogba, Lingard, Maguire.

Redlyn

"credit in the bank" for being a social scum person is plain weird.
Would Giggs' credit be enough is he abused someone in your family? What if he played even better for United, won 3 Ballon D'ors and the team won 3 more CLs? Enough to treat your sister/daughter like shit?
That's probably the dumbest and most fecked up thing I've heard on here in a while. I didn't say anything about hating Giggs? Go back to my list. He's not even on there. I'm just questioning the logic of different treatment for Giggs and Greenwood.

So just to clarify, you're ok with one of our players being guilty of domestic abuse just because he played for the club for over 20 years but we should ostracise Greenwood who (don't forget has been with the club for nearly 15 years) has done a similar thing?
Frankly I haven't followed up giggs domestic abuse as I'm not British to get it front and center and don't follow up their personal lives. Thought it was about the old cheating issue which is not great but it's a big meh from me. Regardless, who I like or don't like is not really up for debate since its a ME thing and your opinion is irrelevant on that. The thing with emotional connections is that it doesn't follow reason or logic. It is what it is. If you are not talking about hating greenwood vs not hating Giggs then we aren't talking about the same thing, so nevermind.

Last edited:

pacifictheme

Love:
Cantona
Robbo
Keane
Scholes
Becks
Kanchelskis
Schmeichel
Choccy
Ronaldo
Hughes
Brucey
Pally
Rio
Vidic
Stam
Irwin
RvN
EvS

Hate:
Lingard
Rooney
Lingard
Heinze
Lingard
Greenwood
Did i mention Lingard?
Edit: How did I forget Di Maria!?
Starting to hate:
Unless he winds his social media bollocks in, stops being so "poor me" and starts being the rashy I used to love, Rashford.
Rooney wtf.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Hated? Not really hated any United player while they've been at the club. Heinze came close at the end, as he was trying to force a move to Anfield.

pacifictheme

Favourite players

Hughes
Kanchelskis
Cantona
Keane
Beckham
Cole
Scholes
Rooney

In the order they probably were my favourite player.

I don't really hate anyone who has played for us, but least favourite is probably Di Maria.

ForeverRed1

loved:

Beckham, Ronaldo, Keane, Scholes, Ruud van nistelrooy, Rio, Vidic, Cantona, Rooney, Poborsky, Ole , Vds, Schemichael , DDG, Stam, mata, G Neville, Cole & york, Nani. Park, carrick, zlatan, chicarito, Bruno... we have been really blessed with some amazing footballers!

Not keen on... (hate is strong)
Lingard, pogba, tevez after he left, Owen, Heinz after he left, di Maria! A majority of this current squad tbh I’m not fond of. Hopefully it can be turned around.

EngimaMK

My most loved ones are Scholesy, Carrick, Rooney, VDS, and Rafael Da Silva

I don't particularly like any of our current players but I wouldn't say I hate them, maybe only Lingard.
Friggin' loved Rafael!! What a lion.

poleglass red

as a young lad growing up in Belfast,.Whiteside was my first Utd hero, brilliant player and tough as feck as well. Another player I don't see too many references to, is Stam, what a player. Rio and Vidic as a partnership were very good, but Stam was always my favourite centre half during Fergies time.

PSV

Not really a dislike per say but I remember the much younger version of myself never really liked any of our early PL strikers because they weren't as good as Ronaldo.

In hindsight I realize that I may have put the bar a bit high.

OlsensHummelBoots

Loved :
Gordon Hill
Jesper Olsen
Bryan Robson
Norman Whiteside
Mark Hughes
Lee Sharpe
Eric Cantona
Ryan Giggs
Paul Scholes
David Beckham
Roy Keane
RVN
Cristiano Ronaldo
Wayne Rooney

No recent players for some reason.
Thank phuck someone has mentioned Big Norm.

I was starting to wonder...

paulscholes18

Love
Scholes
Beckham
Keane
Cantona
Stam
Vidic
Evra

Hate
Neville
Giggs
Lingard
Rashford
Martial

Loon

:lol:
Giggs broke my late mother’s heart with what he did. Normally stuff like that wouldn’t surprise her, but this one really did upset her.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Top of the class are,
George,
Denis ,
Bobby,
Gordon Hill,
Gerry Daly,
Bryan Robson,
Mark Hughes,
Norman,
Eric,
Roy,
Andrei,
Scholes,
Ruud,
Edwin,
Paul McGrath,
Nemanja,
Denis Irwin,
Ronny Johnson,
Edwin,
Wayne,
Berba,
Carlos

Hate us too strong a word but I really can’t abide
Pogba,
Lingard,
Maguire,

unitedrule689908

Loved:
Cantona
Beckham
Keane
Giggs
Scholes
Yorke
Cole
Solksjaer
Ronaldo
Rooney
RVN
RVP
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Hated(to see them play in the first 11):
Butt
Park
Evans
Fellaini
Wellbeck
Cleverley
Anderson

Basically loved our great players hated our mediocre ones.
Butt and Park???

Tap

The dislikes are for those with combination of bad attitude and/or influence in the dressing room and lack of success here like Lukaku and Lingard.
Loved:
Cantona
Beckham
Keane
Giggs
Scholes
Yorke
Cole
Solksjaer
Ronaldo
Rooney
RVN
RVP
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Hated(to see them play in the first 11):
Butt
Park
Evans
Fellaini
Wellbeck
Cleverley
Anderson

Basically loved our great players hated our mediocre ones.
The hate list is interesting. Park and Butt in the list but none of the garbage in the post Fergie era especially from the current team.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Been watching a few old games and, having said it at the time, I have no real idea why people hate Heinze. Yes, all that Liverpool blah blah blah. But would you hate the other way if, say Salah of Van D said they were thinking of coming to United? heinze could do two things none of our defenders at the moment seem capable of: defending and creating chances at the other end. That'll do for me.

Can't really think of any United player I hate/have hated. Lots I thought weren't good enough but not enough to hate (maybe just forgotten). As others have said, the list of loves is far too long but does include one bloke called Michael Owen and another by the name of Ole... right up there are also: Peter S, David Beckham, Edwin VdS and Steve Bruce

AndySmith1990

Love Cantona, Bobby, Keane, Vidic, Edwin, Beckham, Brucey, Robson, Solskjaer, irwin

Hate Lingard, Pogba, Martial, Di Maria, Rashford

MUW4Eva

I have loved almost everyone that has played for the club, except two.....

Paul Ince, him joining Liverpool was just a bad decision, & his attitude since has really not been my cup of tea, and the other is, Alex Greenwood, joining City, yeah not a good move to stay in my good books.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.

The hate list is interesting. Park and Butt in the list but none of the garbage in the post Fergie era especially from the current team.
Anyone that hated Park hasn’t a clue about football.Top player.

Drizzle

Now I'm firmly into middle age I don't play the love/hate goat/fraud game anymore. After a few decades you realise that your heroes are flawed, and the villains (mostly) had their reasons and were often scapegoated for the failings of the collective.

The only football thing I love anymore is the team, or rather the football club.

That said, like everyone else I had my heroes. Robson, Cantona and Whiteside chief amongst them.

Paul_Scholes18

Favorites

Scholes
Carrick
Fletcher
Van der Sar
Evra
Jones
Valencia

Dislike

Van Persie
Giggs(for what he did even if he was fantastic)
Greenwood
Falcao

Fastnet Red

Top 5
1.Cantona
2.Keano
3.Jimmy Greenhoff
4.Andy Cole
5.Van der Sar

Bottom 5
1 Lingard
2 Mike Phelan
3 Ince
4 De Gea
5 Owen

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

I wouldn't say I hate anyone, specially in football.

But I strongly dislike Tevez, I liked him so much and the betrayal was so big that all that turned onto a deep dislike for him personally. A shit bag.