United promise "relentless" and "decisive" action to achieve success

Yakuza_devils

We'll start next season with mcfred in the midfield.
This is my worry too
This window is not only about spending big. We are supposed to have a new football structure already in place with new scouting system. We need to sign quality players that suit the style of play and not only spending big like drunken sailor for the last few years. Ole alone wasted about 400mil.

Hope Murtough and team can make real difference.

Roboc7

This is no different to all the nonsense that gets repeated in these forums all the time, just words with nothing to back it up.

At the end of the day Arnold and Murtough are just benefitting from not being Woodward. The tough part is at some point they have actually do something other than just say they are not Ed. Sooner or later all the praise for people leaving on and off the pitch (most by choice) will wear off as well.

They don’t seem to have put anything in place in terms of a stronger recruitment for this transfer window and the Rangnick appointment was a disaster short term and looks like his role longer term will be pretty pointless. Hopefully they are more successful and if not more accountable than Woodward ever was.

DevilRed

Early days, but at least arnold seems to relying on footballing people for the footballing decisions.

Not bring his mates from uni to do the important jobs.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Arnold: We promise relentless decisive action to protect our jobs , bury our head in the sad about how bad the squad, culture training and hold set up is. Not admit that we have been part of the club wasting over a billion pounds net in transfers over the last decade. But hey we have employed the manager the fans wanted so we are great now and everything’s fine.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Meanwhile our new coach and dof have a,plan to maximise potential of THIS squad..
Ok, who is crazy here?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
How about everybody just decides to give them a chance to deliver? Might make this forum more bearable to read, at least for a while

marktan

I too, promise relentless and decisive action in my pursuit of Margot Robbie. Watch this space.

AndySmith1990

Not arsed about what anyone at the club says anymore. I'll wait and see what happens and judge based on results

arthurka

Shouldn't we give this guy a chance? He managed to sell the project to ETH so at least he has done something right.

Bobade

Shouldn't we give this guy a chance? He managed to sell the project to ETH so at least he has done something right.
Completely agree. We are already seeing pretty big changes. For all we know, we are close to closing a few deals for players. We've got the manager most of us wanted. Let's see what happens. If it's a shit summer, I'll whinge then.

DavelinaJolie

Maybe I'm just overly optimistic, but I don't think just because he is mates with Woodward that it means he has the same ideas how to do things. Maybe he is making changes he believe will work, and trying to make the footballing side self-sustaining so he isn't involved in it like Woodward was.

Time will tell, of course.

SteveCoppellFan

We are going to having a cracking transfer window and then we are going to have a cracking season with great football and loads of great results.

I'm not willing to discuss anything else. :)

arthurka

Completely agree. We are already seeing pretty big changes. For all we know, we are close to closing a few deals for players. We've got the manager most of us wanted. Let's see what happens. If it's a shit summer, I'll whinge then.
Agreed we will whine and whinge together at the end of the summer.

DavelinaJolie

At the end of the day Arnold and Murtough are just benefitting from not being Woodward.
Are they? So far the range of opinions don't seem to suggest that. More to the point, shouldn't we be judging them on their own merit and actions, and not by Woodward's, anyway?

Woodward isn't the man in charge now, so it's pointless bringing him into it. All we can do is give these people time to make the changes they see fit and hope it works. I see some segments of the fan base unwilling to even do that and I'm not sure what the point is if you just expect everything is going to burn down.

We can't treat every new partner with cynicism because one fecked us over in the past.

TsuWave

So where’s De Jong, Raphinha/Antony, Timber, Lamptey/Livramento and a striker then?

K Stand Knut

The easiest job in world football this guy has as long as he follows through with his big words and promises!

If he doesn’t, he’ll be the bad guy within 12 months and might as well move on

marktan

Are they? So far the range of opinions don't seem to suggest that. More to the point, shouldn't we be judging them on their own merit and actions, and not by Woodward's, anyway?

Woodward isn't the man in charge now, so it's pointless bringing him into it. All we can do is give these people time to make the changes they see fit and hope it works. I see some segments of the fan base unwilling to even do that and I'm not sure what the point is if you just expect everything is going to burn down.

We can't treat every new partner with cynicism because one fecked us over in the past.
We'll Arnold our CEO is Woodward's buddy from his accounting course at Bristol uni, and the other one has been around for a while and clearly not done much to stop our dreadful transfers over the last 3 or 4 years. Doesn't really inspire much hope.

OrcaFat

Hot air. More of an admission that we’ve not given a shit about footballing success for ten years.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
To be fair, it seems he's off to a rampaging start with that statement. Many deep roots have been uprooted. Long may it continue.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Only thing that seems relentless and decisive this far are players ruling out a move here in favour of current top tier clubs.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
99% of the replies have said “do something then”

….& yet there’s been huge backroom changes over the past 2 months.

Funny how people forget

OrcaFat

every thread like this is the same whinge-fest
True.

But honestly the crap coming out of our boardroom for a decade has been a sweet cocktail of ineptitude, delusion and deliberate deception.

The trick for fans is to enjoy it in spite of the feckers.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
The replies here baffle me. Arnold was answering a question at the forum. What would you lot have preferred he said?

Id argue the club is being decisive with all the changes and departures on and off field.

The proof is always in the pudding of course but what more do you want?
I’m with you. Behind the scenes has seen big changes and obviously the coaching staff and playing staff will see big change too. I’m actually kinda impressed with Arnold and Murtagh so far. They have clearly identified areas that require attention and seem to be ‘on it‘.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
True.

But honestly the crap coming out of our boardroom for a decade has been a sweet cocktail of ineptitude, delusion and deliberate deception.

The trick for fans is to enjoy it in spite of the feckers.
Woodward and Judge are gone. We should judge the new guys on their own performance, not tar them with the previous buffoons.

Green_Red

Its like Denholm Reynholm has taken over the club. "Our decisions will be decisive! And we will make them! We will be succesful at making decisions!"

Just shut up and get on with it and stop talking to the gutter press. Focus on what happens inside the white lines on that pitch every time we play.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
To be honest, the money has not been the biggest problem for us, its more how we have spent them.