United shopping for a shirt sponsor

Marcus

The end is nigh. Definitely some low class online betting site.

UpWithRivers

Maybe we should go with Flat Earth Society. I would never have believed we would end up this sht 6 years ago so maybe the earth is flat.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
You must have just signed up for the Internet a couple of years ago. The news of the guy's sacking broke a few years before you got onto the Interwebz, almost immediately after United signed the Chevy agreement.
Im not wrong.

Water Melon

Let it be a beautiful logo that will look fantastic on our shirt. Chevrolet was far from ideal appearance-wise.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Considering our transfer strategy lately then Leave.EU would be perfect for us.

Chevrolet were never going to renew. They didn't want the sponsorship in the first place.
Exactly. Although i doubt we will get anywhere near the figures they paid, even with inflation. Back then we were the world's biggest football brand winning everything. Now we're a laughing stock.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
As daft as it sounds, this may finally be the thing (sponsors walking away after deals are completed) that wakes the club up and makes them realise they have been sleepwalking into this predicament.

gajender

Exactly. Although i doubt we will get anywhere near the figures they paid, even with inflation. Back then we were the world's biggest football brand winning everything. Now we're a laughing stock.
You'll be surprised I am quite certain who ever our new sponsor would be they would be paying sizable premium over this Chevrolet deal.

romufc

As daft as it sounds, this may finally be the thing (sponsors walking away after deals are completed) that wakes the club up and makes them realise they have been sleepwalking into this predicament.
This is exactly what I want to see, and with this addidas will also probably put pressure on Ed Woodward. it isn't a surprise results on the pitch having a direct impact on finances.

Vault Dweller

This is exactly what I want to see, and with this addidas will also probably put pressure on Ed Woodward. it isn't a surprise results on the pitch having a direct impact on finances.
It was always going to happen. We are an enormous club with great brand worth, but you can't live off that forever and how we actually perform was always going to determine future deals. If we continue being poor on the pitch and not really mounting any sort of challenge, bigger brands will be more reluctant to partner United.

romufc

It was always going to happen. We are an enormous club with great brand worth, but you can't live off that forever and how we actually perform was always going to determine future deals. If we continue being poor on the pitch and not really mounting any sort of challenge, bigger brands will be more reluctant to partner United.
You can see that, I can see that but Ed with all his qualifications and experience cannot see it.

During pre season a poster was arguing he was the best person to run this club because of his background etc, look where we are now.

As you say, we are an enormous club but we better start acting like one and sure as hell start running like one too.

Castia

Give us something really shit like subway or wotsits....it’s what we deserve.

:(

Vault Dweller

You can see that, I can see that but Ed with all his qualifications and experience cannot see it.

During pre season a poster was arguing he was the best person to run this club because of his background etc, look where we are now.

As you say, we are an enormous club but we better start acting like one and sure as hell start running like one too.
If Ed really is immovable from the club, he HAS to be moved out of football operations. It simply cannot be continuing in the same vein.

Whatever the reasons, one of our title sponsors is walking away from United, I can imagine the money men are very concerned this morning.

Agreed, far too much is happening at the club in a negative way (all the press about the stadium this week, the court case about the supporter who died, United possibly not hosting Euro's games next summer) and now this. Off the pitch this week has been very bad press-wise for the club. Surely, surely they are going to wake up now.

romufc

If Ed really is immovable from the club, he HAS to be moved out of football operations. It simply cannot be continuing in the same vein.

Whatever the reasons, one of our title sponsors is walking away from United, I can imagine the money men are very concerned this morning.

Agreed, far too much is happening at the club in a negative way (all the press about the stadium this week, the court case about the supporter who died, United possibly not hosting Euro's games next summer) and now this. Off the pitch this week has been very bad press-wise for the club. Surely, surely they are going to wake up now.
I don't think anyone questions his commercial abilities however; it is so clear he needs help with footballing element.

He can still be in control if he brings a DoF to help identify a philosophy so that we do not end up with players of different managerial style over and over again.

You would hope they wake up and it seems the only way they wake up is when fans start getting frustrated. We need to be pro active, if they know there is a re-build have 3 player choices per position ready before the next window.