United shopping for a shirt sponsor

fergiesarmy1

Why would it.

No team has gazumped our Chevrolet deal - and that was back in 2012.

We're streets ahead of any club when it comes to commercial impact. No matter how bad we are doing; we are the most watched sports team on the planet.
Because of the way it was structured and how crap we have become we won’t be seeing £750m by the end of it that was just the maximum amount.

red thru&thru

Because of the way it was structured and how crap we have become we won’t be seeing £750m by the end of it that was just the maximum amount.
Yea. Arsenal got an even better sleeve deal than ours. Why wasn't magic Ed able to get a better deal?

Will be interesting to see what happens with our main sponsorship though?!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Some rumours I find online about another unnamed US company in a potential 70m per year sponsorship deal. With the current deal expiring in December. Could be a new line of credit to fix 3 positions in the summer....

Steve Bruce

Some rumours I find online about another unnamed US company in a potential 70m per year sponsorship deal. With the current deal expiring in December. Could be a new line of credit to fix 3 positions in the summer....
What is the current value on the sponsor?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Trump

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Apparently a "software company". I'd link to it, but it's the Mail and such.

cyberman

Fans have been hysterical about falling appeal over the kast few seasons but we still have the record shirt sponsor years later and look to be getting even more next year.
People honestly forget how big we are sometimes

decorativeed

Apparently we extended the Chevrolet deal by 6 months, which means next season's kit will launch with the Chevy logo and be changed in the new year to whoever replaces them. So we have another round of complaints about the Chevy bow ruining our kits to look forward to!

clarkydaz

Apparently we extended the Chevrolet deal by 6 months, which means next season's kit will launch with the Chevy logo and be changed in the new year to whoever replaces them. So we have another round of complaints about the Chevy bow ruining our kits to look forward to!
you mean changed halfway through a season?

Barthez

So the next years kit will have just a few months lifespan - good luck selling that. I know the shirt it itself won’t change but it will soon be out of date given how the sponsor is a big part of the aesthetics.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So the next years kit will have just a few months lifespan - good luck selling that. I know the shirt it itself won’t change but it will soon be out of date given how the sponsor is a big part of the aesthetics.
Maybe we will make them reversible or put a flap on the front which lets you switch sponsor.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A sponsor change midway through a season?

That's just untidy, and makes the kits even sillier value if you only wear it to a match like me.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The scenes when the new logo is even more horrible than the current one.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
After years of the crying over the current one, I would take a weird pleasure in it being absolutely terrible. Adults getting all worked up about a logo on a shirt is bonkers.
It depends if you take pride in things.
If you don't, I can imagine you don't care the ground has seen better days, the team haven't been winning things, etc.

Judas

Open to offers
It depends if you take pride in things.
If you don't, I can imagine you don't care the ground has seen better days, the team haven't been winning things, etc.
The state of the ground is very different to a shirt I would never ever buy. I suppose if you still buy the shirt it matters more, but I haven't bought a Utd shirt since 2008.

Giggs' right foot

The state of the ground is very different to a shirt I would never ever buy. I suppose if you still buy the shirt it matters more, but I haven't bought a Utd shirt since 2008.
You still watch the team +60 times a season I presume? You honestly don't care if we played with, say, Angry Birds as our fecking main sponsor just because you won't be buying it? :lol:

Judas

Open to offers
You still watch the team +60 times a season I presume? You honestly don't care if we played with, say, Angry Birds as our fecking main sponsor just because you won't be buying it? :lol:
Well Angry Birds might be a step too far! I just think the fury over Chevrolet has been well overblown. The grass isn't always greener, we might end up with something even more horrid!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
and if its 3 kits aswell? :eek:
Imagine buying all 3x2. You'd have to be barking.

Shirts are ridiculously bad value once you get to a certain age and don't play football. You wear them to games, and unless you're, with all due respect a total chav, you won't be wearing them out as leisure gear at the shops or somewhere.

hungrywing

Someone in the comments in the DM article claiming the 'likely' company's name starts with H and that his/her posts spelling out the full name are being deleted.