United shopping for a shirt sponsor

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Chevrolet were never going to renew. They didn't want the sponsorship in the first place. The bloke who set the whole deal up got fired because he didn't seek approval from the upper management before agreeing to the deal. He also didn't even agree that Chevrolet would be title shirt sponsors. It was seemingly only an agreement between the parties, most probably on the basis of United not wanting to severe the deal and lose out in the long run, that they would become title sponsors.

manunited1919

This time it will be Kohler, but the American toilet brand, including a picture of Rashy sitting on one.

Robert

Can not wait to see the back of that golden shower of monstrosity.

The way our luck is going it will prob get replaced with something even more garish.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Home Bargains.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I heard History Channel was looking for teams to sponsor.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Chevrolet were never going to renew. They didn't want the sponsorship in the first place. The bloke who set the whole deal up got fired because he didn't seek approval from the upper management before agreeing to the deal. He also didn't even agree that Chevrolet would be title shirt sponsors. It was seemingly only an agreement between the parties, most probably on the basis of United not wanting to severe the deal and lose out in the long run, that they would become title sponsors.
Never heard such an amount of garbage.

Chevrolet are in Business a very long time and to say a deal sanctioning outgoings of millions of dollars Wasnt ratified by the board is absurd.

Red4Life_#7

Where did you get this info from, I've never heard about this?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Never heard such an amount of garbage.

Chevrolet are in Business a very long time and to say a deal sanctioning outgoings of millions of dollars Wasnt ratified by the board is absurd.
You must have just signed up for the Internet a couple of years ago. The news of the guy's sacking broke a few years before you got onto the Interwebz, almost immediately after United signed the Chevy agreement.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I worked for GM when this happened.

Ewanick wasn't sacked because the sponsorship deal happened or because it was too much money. He was sacked because he structured it as a series of smaller, separate deals, in order to have to go through fewer levels of approvals. That's a huge compliance no-no.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

Ewanick wasn't sacked because the sponsorship deal happened or because it was too much money. He was sacked because he structured it as a series of smaller, separate deals, in order to have to go through fewer levels of approvals. That's a huge compliance no-no.
Surely because the other execs would flat out say no? It was huge at the time.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

Imagine doing that with a famous worldwide brand and expecting nobody to find out.