United sign Jadon Sancho - Dortmund CEO Waltzing No More!

Revaulx

The most interesting thin about this thread is all the positivity a year ago. Fantastic signings, the club so impressive with getting signings early, look at that forward line just waiting to explode, we need to hit the ground running - then we can challenge City this year.

After 5-1 against Leeds, the only ones pessimistic were those whose I-told-you-so-s are useless because they are like broken clocks.
Bah! I was doubtful after the 5-1 that other teams would let us waltz through their midfield as easily as they had.

I was right. The only other team to do so was (checks notes) Leeds.

Oh, and Spurs :D

fps

Sancho needs to have the ball close to the opposition penalty area. He'd fit in better at those clubs with lots of possession on the edge of the box, he's not made for the Man Utd fast break style Solskjaer used. He'll never run the length of the pitch to score a goal, he needs to be part of an ensemble moving the ball, and themselves, quickly.

Revaulx

It's a bit pathetic and extremely premature.
Indeed.

It’s great that people have opinions, but how people can predict Sancho’s future performances so confidently based on last season’s is absolutely bonkers.

I think it’s fair enough to wonder whether he has the physicality or the drive, but he’ll be in good hands with ETH. I could never understand how he was supposed to fit in an Ole team.

Grande

Who is that meant to be in the top right??
I thought it resembled Alex Pereira at first, but it’s probably meant to be Amad(eus (Mozart, of course)).
It aged like milk.
:lol:.

A who's who of failure
Yes, and if anyone remembers the optimism of the potential of these young players, and the normal inconsistency of youth, maybe it’s not so strange that we can hope to be number one and finish in sixth place.

Let’s hope it continues to age like milk, and that some of them turn out as the finest soohisticated cheese.

bosskeano

i think a style of play like ETH is going to bring will get the best out of Sancho as he'll get the ball further up the pitch and in positions where he thrived in Dortmund

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I wouldn't have minded to cash in on him this summer if we could but I guess that's off the cards , hopefully he'll make it as the talent is there obviously.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's crazy to me that some people can't see that certain environments and systems are impossible for anyone to perform in... Last year is literally irrelevant for me in evaluating Sancho. It's irrelevant in evaluating most players tbh.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
This thread got bumped by someone why was wrong, yet thought they were right??!

Strange.