United sign Jadon Sancho - Dortmund CEO Waltzing No More!

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Exciting times. One could argue that Sancho is the best U22 winger in the world and Diallo is the best U20 winger in the world. It will be interesting to see who the better player is in 3 or 4 years.

I think Sancho and AWB on the right will be very fun to watch.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Exciting times. One could argue that Sancho is the best U22 winger in the world and Diallo is the best U20 winger in the world. It will be interesting to see who the better player is in 3 or 4 years.

Where and when has he shown this?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Sancho on right will be fun to watch. AWB is actually more of a concern right now.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Sancho on right will be fun to watch. AWB is actually more of a concern right now.
I've become an AWB fan the last 7 months. I think his attacking play has improved greatly and he will continue this improvement. He has all the athletic skills, speed, quick step, and soft touch, to be a really good attacking RB. TBF, he is not there yet but he is showing signs.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I've become an AWB fan the last 7 months. I think his attacking play has improved greatly and he will continue this improvement. He has all the athletic skills, speed, quick step, and soft touch, to be a really good attacking RB. TBF, he is not there yet but he is showing signs.
To be honest it's opposite for me. He has been exposed season multiple times.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Not followed this thread enough so sorry if it has been covered, however how many people think Sancho has bust or 'meh' potential?

I have to say I am slightly concerned about him in the PL. Whenever I saw him playing well it was against wide open defences which are common in the Bundesliga. When I have seen him against low block teams (more common in the PL) he seems to disappear.

Anyone else noticed this with him?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Not followed this thread enough so sorry if it has been covered, however how many people think Sancho has bust or 'meh' potential?

I have to say I am slightly concerned about him in the PL. Whenever I saw him playing well it was against wide open defences which are common in the Bundesliga. When I have seen him against low block teams (more common in the PL) he seems to disappear.

Nah. Not one bit. The guy is electric.

TheReligion

Abusive

Just you

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Dave just dropped his new album yesterday but can still take time out to record a verse for Sancho. Legend.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Poor Bundesliga fans.

How will they cope when we land Haaland,Bellingham,Reyna etc.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
I forgot about him. :) Agreed. Okay, Diallo might be in the top 5 or 10 for U20 wingers.
Top U20 winger in the world until he reminds you of Saka, and now there could be 9 better than him?:lol:

That’s quite the fall from grace.

Speako

I know it means absolutely nothing, but interesting nonetheless that Matthijis De Ligt has liked and added an ‘applaud’ message to every single Sancho announcement by United on Facebook. Just didn’t know they were so close…

The holy trinity 68

The disparager

In all competitions for Dortmund in the last 3 saeasons he has played 125 games and has 49 goals and 60 assists.

Regardless of being the Bundesliga, them stats are exceptional considering he is still only 21 years old.

Does Haaland also have ' bust or meh potential' because he plays in the Bundesliga?

Josep Dowling

Tbf Saka is 20 in 6 weeks but yeah that guy is wrong on the Diallo best 18-19 year old winger in world football. Especially as Greenwood is still only 19 and has predominantly played as a right winger.
I’ve seen nothing from Diallo to suggest he will become a world class player. Seems very erratic and lightweight on the ball.

TheReligion

Abusive
I’ve seen nothing from Diallo to suggest he will become a world class player. Seems very erratic and lightweight on the ball.
You should have stopped when you said you'd seen nothing of him. This much is clear. You've literally been critical of two of his stronger points.

For his age and size he's very composed, can pick a pass and hold his own in the tackle.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

No. He's literally up there with the very best young players in world football, arguably 2nd behind only Mbappe.

Even looking statistically. Since there became a "big 5 leagues", since the early 90's even, he is second to only Mbappe in terms of most goals and assists in one of the big 5 leagues before their 20th birthday. Mbappe has 1 more, and only covid stopped Sancho from matching or exceeding him last year. He is well clear of others like Messi, Rooney, Owen, Fowler, whatever other teenage sensation is around. Even if you include Haalands stats from the Norwegian and Austrian leagues, Sancho still beat that out.

He's an absolute game changing signing for us.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
In all competitions for Dortmund in the last 3 saeasons he has played 125 games and has 49 goals and 60 assists.

Regardless of being the Bundesliga, them stats are exceptional considering he is still only 21 years old.

Does Haaland also have ' bust or meh potential' because he plays in the Bundesliga?
Personally, I am not a fan of stats to look at a player. I know his stats are fantastic but I just have a bad feeling that those aren't going to translate to English football. Glad to be proven wrong, and it does appear I am the only one rasing this.

As for Haaland, I would say he does a bit (I don't really rate German football in regards to how they set their defences up) however his performances in the CL and his position (which requires a lot less need to beat a man with trickery) make me feel he is a safer bet. Additionally, his physical attributes mean he isn't likely to be bullied.