United sign Jadon Sancho - Dortmund CEO Waltzing No More!

Hoof the ball

Name me a clearly better winger that is 18 or 19 years of age.
Forget Diallo. Forget even Saka.

Ansu Fati is the best U20 wide player in the world. Injury derailed his season, but he started the season on something like 8 goals and assists in 10 games before he was out for the rest of the campaign.

Satissh12

@UtdDistrict: The delay in Jadon Sancho’s unveiling as a #mufc player was down to the winger’s desire to get the coveted No 7 shirt. Sources have disclosed that Solskjær declined to ask Edinson Cavani to vacate the number for Sancho, who subsequently chose the No 25 shirt. [@MikeKeegan_DM]

Swedish_Plumber

This is what happens when the journos lose a story that’s kept them going for 2 summers. The stories they make up become painful!

Josep Dowling

What? anything but erratic have you actually seen him?
He’s incredibly overrated. At 19 he’s not getting any first team minutes compared to Greenwood and Rashford when they were that young.

I watched him play against Saudi Arabia in the Olympics and he had so many opportunities to break but his first touch let him down. Personally I don’t see the hype at all, based on the money we paid for him.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Sounds ridiculous. If Sancho acted like that the first day at the club he would be the stupidest and most unprofessional player ever. This is just speculation from Mike Keegan due to the delay and the weird 25 number Sancho is getting.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It was widely reported that the paperwork had not been completed.

Castia

He’s incredibly overrated. At 19 he’s not getting any first team minutes compared to Greenwood and Rashford when they were that young.

I watched him play against Saudi Arabia in the Olympics and he had so many opportunities to break but his first touch let him down. Personally I don’t see the hype at all, based on the money we paid for him.
He’s 19 and very highly rated how the hell have you already wrote him off? he’s looked good in almost every appearance so far both in the main team and reserves

scottw

Supports
ManUtd and AtlantaUtd
Like United was going to lose money on this.. Think about it.. Sell a crap ton of #25 jerseys, then next season or the following when EC leaves change his number to #7 and sell even more jerseys, b/c who wants his old number. United owners were thinking of their pocket books, not b/c it would be a crap thing to do to EC, it was 100% the bank account.

I for one am glad they didn't ask EC to give up the #7 jersey, he is the only one good enough to wear that number on this squad. The last few have been garbage.

Heard on The Athletic podcast that Sancho (along with Bruno, De Gea and McTominay) had all said they'd come back earlier than required to ensure we (hopefully) hit the ground running.

scottw

Supports
ManUtd and AtlantaUtd
Heard on The Athletic podcast that Sancho (along with Bruno, De Gea and McTominay) had all said they'd come back earlier than required to ensure we (hopefully) hit the ground running.
That is wonderful news, we have to hit the ground running, esp if MR is going to be out if he ever has this surgery. We will need AM to step up and earn his money this season. Great time for him to shine while MR is out.

Matriac

Guess who's in training :cool:

That's obviously taken before he went on hols. Probably taken lots of different promo stuff for them to dripfeed onto social for various campaigns going forward.

He posted vids on insta yesterday of him on a treadmill somewhere with palm trees outside, he had someone from his agency there with him. Probably vacation through this week as well, at least.

FreddieTheReddie

That's obviously taken before he went on hols. Probably taken lots of different promo stuff for them to dripfeed onto social for various campaigns going forward.

He posted vids on insta yesterday of him on a treadmill somewhere with palm trees outside, he had someone from his agency there with him. Probably vacation through this week as well, at least.
I think they came back in the morning or last night, Rashford already posted he’s back.

Matriac

I think they came back in the morning or last night, Rashford already posted he’s back.
Well it's speculation on our part. Rashford may have come back earlier than others cause of more consultancies to work out if he's having the operation or not.
But yeah, maybe Sancho is back this week. I would find it surprising though. And I think he deserves a longer holiday.

It's been tougher for us to "track them" on their holiday this year due to all the backlash they got around the euros. Can't blame them for not wanting to share anything that doesn't involve them working out.

saivet

Reports not long ago were saying Rashford has an appointment this week about his shoulder, hence why he would be back. I don't think people know whether Sancho is still on holiday or if he's back in England now.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Reports not long ago were saying Rashford has an appointment this week about his shoulder, hence why he would be back. I don't think people know whether Sancho is still on holiday or if he's back in England now.
Sancho just had the whole of June and most of July off.

FreddieTheReddie

Just a little flight tracking to finish this saga. I think this is his flight back to London, he arrived in the morning.

Lemansky

With the fees for Lukaku, Grealish, Ings etc this transfer look even better now. Same with Varane. Thumbs up to the club getting them over the line early.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Not followed this thread enough so sorry if it has been covered, however how many people think Sancho has bust or 'meh' potential?

I have to say I am slightly concerned about him in the PL. Whenever I saw him playing well it was against wide open defences which are common in the Bundesliga. When I have seen him against low block teams (more common in the PL) he seems to disappear.

Anyone else noticed this with him?
Got to say, I called this one.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Sancho thread should be goldmine by this time next year.

cyberman

What low blocks? Everybody pushes high and gets their space that way. Low blocks are a thing of the past

Bondi77

Bumping this thread and looking at the posts at the time cracks me up :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am still waiting for Sancho day!