United sign Jadon Sancho - Dortmund CEO Waltzing No More!

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Theres a bit of buzz on twitter that the announcement will be tomorrow. I can't see any decent sources backing it up though

blythy

Fascist Dictator
I'm so done with the entire thing that the announcement will probably be so underwhelming that it'll annoy me as well.
Why do transfer announcements have to be all 'jazz hands'?

Stick a photo of him wearing the kit on a press release.

ElectroManiac

For me this is a done deal, so I'm not in a rush. I do want to see him holding that shirt though. I think tomorrow is the day this will get fully announce

choccy77

Has he signed or been officially announced?

Even Arsenal announced a player today.

choccy77

Wow you're seriously whinging and comparing us to Arsenal :lol: :houllier: hopefully you're wumming but I'm not so sure. He's our player, does a little twitter video really mean that much to you?
Yes, yes it does. I want value for my twitter :)

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Exactly. With the world the way it is, you'd want maximum hype from two separate glossy announcements.

Mind you, I wouldn't put it past United to not realise that.

Double announcement incoming!
But that's an assumption that it would limit eachother. Sancho's fee has already been agreed, a double signing announcement/promo of two world-class players is very rare and would be a huge feat on social media. It could very well be greater than the sum of two signings seperately. Every football follower in the world is gonna look if United announce Sancho/Varane together as it's one of the biggest transfer statements in years.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
We better not be holding off in case the government reverses it's fans policy for next season!

El Zoido

It’s done and there’s absolutely no rush to officially announce it, just because some people on the internet have got nothing better to do than to obsess over it. It can take another two weeks for all I care.

Widow

Mind you, I wouldn't put it past United to not realise that
I disagree, marketing and business is the one thing we are actually good at

But that's an assumption that it would limit eachother. Sancho's fee has already been agreed, a double signing announcement/promo of two world-class players is very rare and would be a huge feat on social media. It could very well be greater than the sum of two signings seperately. Every football follower in the world is gonna look if United announce Sancho/Varane together as it's one of the biggest transfer statements in years.
I'm thinking along the same lines. Would Sanchos news be that big? Media wise. It's been on the table for over a year and we announced a deal in principle almost a 3 week ago.

Last edited:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

I'm thinking along the same lines. Would Sanchos news be that big? Media wise. It's been on the table for over a year and we announced a deal in principle almost 3 weeks ago.
Fixed

Red00012

It’s done and there’s absolutely no rush to officially announce it, just because some people on the internet have got nothing better to do than to obsess over it. It can take another two weeks for all I care.
Well the sooner it’s done the sooner he can go back training . We had a god awful start to the season last season.

I'm assuming he went straight on holiday after the Euros and we are waiting until he gets back to do all the press photos etc.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm assuming he went straight on holiday after the Euros and we are waiting until he gets back to do all the press photos etc.
Nah we did all that stuff already. Apparently paperwork is all that's left.

GBBQ

He had a medical and did the announcement video/photographs so i don't think it has anything to do with Sancho needing to be here. When its all signed off they'll release the videos and then they can do a press conference with all new signings closer to the start of the season.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

I'm thinking along the same lines. Would Sanchos news be that big? Media wise. It's been on the table for over a year and we announced a deal in principle almost a week ago.
Almost 3 weeks ago right?