United signing Álvaro Fernandez, 17-year-old LB from Madrid

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Hopefully he can go straight into the starting 11 for tonight.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Heard he’s the next Jordi Alba and that other lad from Barca is the next Solgado.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Real have probably been the best factory for full-backs in the world in recent times. Hopefully he follows trend.

Josh 76

Wicked.
Will will have the two best young full backs in Europe.
Dallot on the right
And this kid on the left.

mu4c_20le

Right back from Barcelona, left back from Real Madrid.

We're raiding those la liga academies like nobody's business.
You make it sound like he started off at barca as a rb, then left for madrid and switched to lb. That would've been pretty neat.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Looks too tall to be a top level fullback, positional change needed methinks. LCB perhaps
Maicon for me was a complete monster in his peak, height has nothing to do with it. Maldini also started as a full-back, so did Sergio Ramos.

diarm

Maicon for me was a complete monster in his peak, height has nothing to do with it. Maldini also started as a full-back, so did Sergio Ramos.
Ivanovic, Abidal, Alonso are/were all tall as well.

Paxi

Hopefully he'll end Luke Shaw's overstay at United soon.
I was only taking the piss — I’ve no idea who either of them are. But yeah I agree with you — We can do much better than Shaw.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I guess we’ll see more deals like this this summer as part of a pre-brexit trolley dash.

Nickelodeon

Terrific signing. Exactly what we needed. I'm really liking Ole's vision for the club.
why not?

Ace of Spades

This is probably going to be for the academy.

Not surprised, we were linked to some other LB talents so this has some credibility imo.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Hopefully he'll end Luke Shaw's overstay at United soon.
Funny how Luke Shaw is one of our most important players the last 10-15 games and he's some sort of persona non grata. Why is that?

Strelok

Wow the hate for Shaw here is quite strong. Common guys, I don't rate him either but he's been pretty good lately.

K_Ash

before checking any highlights of him..I hope he is actually a left-footed LB (Brandon W)

Zoo

Here’s a match compilation where he features at LB, RB and in midfield. Looks like he has a really good left foot.

Paxi

Funny how Luke Shaw is one of our most important players the last 10-15 games and he's some sort of persona non grata. Why is that?
He’s not a person non grata. You’re right — he’s done well but nevertheless we can and should improve on him whenever we get a chance to. To take us to next level we need top class full backs and we don’t have them at either side. They do a job. Sure. But neither of them are to the standards of the modern game — certainly not with what Man City and Liverpool are doing. Neither of them get into their 11.

SATA

He’s swapping their academy for ours? Why? For more money? I hope he doesn’t leave like Pique after the club have develop him into a player. Same for the Barcelona kid on the other side

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He’s not a person non grata. You’re right — he’s done well but nevertheless we can and should improve on him whenever we get a chance to. To take us to next level we need top class full backs and we don’t have them at either side. They do a job. Sure. But neither of them are to the standards of the modern game — certainly not with what Man City and Liverpool are doing. Neither of them get into their 11.
What City are doing with the top class Zinchenko and Benjamin Mendy? Shaw is better than both.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
How did you come out with that? What contributions did he had throughout the season? How many EPL assists did he had?

Paxi

What City are doing with the top class Zinchenko and Benjamin Mendy? Shaw is better than both.
Mendy has been out for ages but has played really well recently. Zinchenko is very good player. Zinchenko wasn’t even a left back and Pep has made him into a real good one. I really doubt Pep plays Shaw in front of them considering his lapses in concentration and just not having a very good attacking ability.

Quicker Laird or that Barca kid replaces AWB and this kid or someone else replaces Shaw the better. If you think either of our full backs are up to standard then let’s agree to disagree because I doubt we’d be able to change our minds in respect to this.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Yes, that's the single metric used to assess left-backs :rolleyes:
It's zero assists. Alexander-trent had 12, Robertson 10, Digne 7, aurier 5, wan bissaka (defensive fullback) 4, max Aarons 2., Allison 1, Shaw = 0

We are not in the 80s when FBs were glorified CBs assists are an important part of a FBs job. So we have a fb whose defending is meah and whose creative output can be compared to that of a keeper.

Last edited: