United to look into rail seats trial at Old Trafford

Bosws87

Shame its the block next to my season ticket, i am in the permanently standing bit but block N2402 i think its being installed in the N2401 section.

Glad its being introduced though, no reason in the 21st century you shouldn't be able to stand and watch a football game and its a huge improvement in atmosphere i would never go back to sitting down at games.

Reducation

Proper standing on open terraces also is perfectly safe. Simply divide a large area into smaller paddocks, and - obviously - don't overpopulate. Wristbands scanned for re-entry to same section after visits to toilets/refreshments.

RedDevil@84

Will happen soon right after Ole getting a war chest to do the needful and us hiring a DOF

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
It’s great we’re moving forward with this.

The stadium should have as many uncomfortable seats as possible. There’s no need for most seats to be comfy enough to sit in for more than 5 minutes at a time. A flat seat on a well designed hinge mechanism that flicks up to leave proper standing space would go so far to improve stadia atmospheres.

Blew me away when Spurs were touting increased legroom and more comfortable seats as selling points.

Obviously you need lovely seats to have NFL games, Concerts etc. But honestly I don’t care about anything other than match day atmosphere for football matches. Fcuk everything else.

It would be amazing to get at least half a stadium of standing seats at OT.
It would but it's never gonna happen. Even if the club gets the go-ahead which I don't think they will as there's far too much objection, even after a successful trial it would never be much more than 3000 and the tickets would be as hard to get hold of as 'away tickets' are currently.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
great news to see this moving forward - lots to complain about at the club but they have at least been making efforts to work with fan groups to improve the atmosphere and matchday experience

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
https://www.imust.org.uk/Blog/Entry...roposal-for-a-rail-seat-trial-at-old-trafford

We welcome the news, published in the minutes of the Manchester United Fans’ Forum this morning, that a proposal has been submitted to the local council Safety Advisory Group to request an initial small trial of up to 1500 seats in the North East Quadrant of Old Trafford. We hope to see this progress as quickly as possible as we have long argued that rail seats are a safety enhancement as well as popular with many fans whether they prefer to stand or indeed prefer to remain seated throughout the game in other areas with an unobstructed view.

The North East Quadrant (lower) was selected initially as it has been an area where persistent standing has been established dating back over more than 6 years. Furthermore a corner location was deemed most likely to avoid objections from safety authorities as it does not suffer from the sight line issues created for seated supporters in adjacent sections who would be required to stand at points during the game in order to retain an unobstructed view of play in all areas of the pitch.

M.U.S.T has been leading the campaign for safe standing in UK stadia for more than 20 years along with colleagues at other club fan groups and coordinated by the Football Supporters Association (FSA). We were told many times over the years that we were wasting our time and it would never happen. Finally we can see the end is in sight - a lesson for supporters organisations that determination and persistence pays in the end.

If/when confirmed by the council we will be working with the club to ensure a successful trial. Our hope would be to then see it rolled out to other areas of the stadium where demand dictates as soon as possible. Existing season ticket holders in the section will be given priority to participate in the trial. While it is true, as always, that the Club makes the ultimate decisions on these matters (including trial location and who is allowed to participate) we have continuously lobbied the club on this issue in meetings over the last 6 years, including facilitating demonstrations of the technology for board directors and journalists at Old Trafford and Wolfsburg, prior to our match there. We continue to work with the club and are happy to act as a conduit for supporter views. Any season ticket holders in other sections of the stadium who are interested in more information or participating in the trial are welcome to contact M.U.S.T through our website www.imust.org.uk or register as a free lite member to receive updates.