United u-18 vs Oldham

oskarutd

Any news on team or score?
TonyParks will be there and giving us full report.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
oskarutd said:
Any news on team or score?
TonyParks will be there and giving us full report.
United lost 0-1 to a strong Oldham Athletic side this morning at Carrington. In very warm conditions, United failed to cope with the physical presence of Oldham and conceded a goal half way through the first half. While the forwards battled hard, the midfield seemed very lightweight and were unable to stamp any authority on the game. Paul McGuinness changed things around at half-time and a new look midfield got a grip on the game and dominated the second period. However despite numerous opportunities and plenty of possession, the Oldham keeper was never really tested.

Team:

1. Zieler.........................a number of fine saves
2. Eckersley....................very impressive performance
3. Mark Dudley (triallist from Notts County)......got caught a couple of times
4. Chester......................solid
5. Cathcart.....................composed (captain)
6. Derbyshire...................tidy but didn't impose himself
7. Bryan..........................not really in the game but worked hard
8. Hewson.......................disappointing.....game went past him in first half
9. Brandy........................worked hard but didn't get many chances
10. Fagan........................worked his socks off...not his day
11. Galbraith.....................looked the part but didn't really shine

12. Drinkwater
13. Amos (1)....................not much to do in second half
14. Corry Evans (8)...........excellent..changed the game when he came on
15. Eikrem (7)...................nice touches...good vision....
16. McCormack (4)............wow! really impressive....aggressive, vocal, this kid looks good!!!

All four subs came on at HT with Chester picking up a knock. So Derbyshire went to RB and Ecks moving to CH. Midfield of Evans, Eikrem and McCormack dominated.

Hewson then came back on for Derbyshire and McCormack moved to RB and looked equally comfortable

Bryan came back on for Galbraith

Then Galbraith came back on when McCormack was hurt in a late tackle.

We probably need another forward.......I can't see where the goals will come from......

Mr. MUJAC

More Info

Other pieces picked up

1. Adam Eckersley currently has a groin strain and therefore had to pull out of the tour to South Africa.....he will go on loan to Brondby in the next week or so..
2. Mark Howard has been offered a 3-year deal at Brondby
3. Tom Cleverley had a cartilage operation yesterday
4. Mike Lea has struggled with a thigh tear.....he is back in training
5. Floribert N'galula...back in training....
6. Smith and Vidic were training on the next pitch today....Smith told me he would be fit for the Seville game
7. United apparently have tabled a £6 million bid for Kerlon....18yo Brazilian.....check out his video.....they call him the seal!!!! Great skill!!!

M160RA

TonyPark said:
7. United apparently have tabled a £6 million bid for Kerlon....18yo Brazilian.....check out his video.....they call him the seal!!!! Great skill!!!
That's old news isn't it? Where did you hear about this?

red thru&thru

great report again tony, cheers.

looks as though both eckersley brothers have talent.

i really can't wait to see corry evans, i didn't see much of him but i saw him in the international matches for N.I and he did look the part, so can't wait.

hopefully n'galula can re-capture his form prior to his injury.

so we have made a bid for kerlon? was that the gossip amongst the crowd or sound information from someone you know?

BezsMaracas

TonyPark said:
6. Smith and Vidic were training on the next pitch today....Smith told me he would be fit for the Seville game
I had no idea Smith would be anywhere near fitness for the start of the season, thats great news

oskarutd

I knew he wouldn´t disappoint us. Can you give us more info on the new boys in term of what their natural positions are. Bit strange that Drinkwater wasn´t used!
I noticed Kieran Lee wasn´t either in the reseres squad. Was he injured as well?
Simpson and Gibson were called up to the tour from the stand-by list, Simpson for Eckersley. Gibson for?

Longlivekeano

thanks for the information tonyparks!!!u r brilliantly helpful to those interested in finding out more about the youth team

BezsMaracas

oskarutd said:
I knew he wouldn´t disappoint us. Can you give us more info on the new boys in term of what their natural positions are. Bit strange that Drinkwater wasn´t used!
I noticed Kieran Lee wasn´t either in the reseres squad. Was he injured as well?
Simpson and Gibson were called up to the tour from the stand-by list, Simpson for Eckersley. Gibson for?
I thought it was Lee Martin but could be wrong

Midfield

Red
Haven't seen this before, thanks Tony for report! Brilliant job, mate.. cheers for that and keep it coming.

Anyone know how is Zieler performance so far?

Mr. MUJAC

Michel04 said:
Thanks Tony. How many times have you seen Eikrem? What do you think of him?
Only seen him once...half a game on Saturday...good vision...nice passer but very lightweight. He looks to a be a quick thinker and certainly has good vision.....he was miles ahead of some of the players on the pitch....hopefully they can get into his way of thinking..very quiet...

He has played for Norway Under 15's (seven caps in 2005) and Under 16's (three caps in 2006)......

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
TonyPark said:
Only seen him once...half a game on Saturday...good vision...nice passer but very lightweight. He looks to a be a quick thinker and certainly has good vision.....he was miles ahead of some of the players on the pitch....hopefully they can get into his way of thinking..very quiet...

He has played for Norway Under 15's (seven caps in 2005) and Under 16's (three caps in 2006)......
id expect him to be lightweight at his sort of age though

032Devil

TonyPark said:
Is this true or a wind-up? If true, what was the response to the bid?

red thru&thru

mista john said:
Great stuff. Never heard of the Brazilian though. I guess Corry Evans is brother of Jonny, off to Antwerp.
good player to, one to watch for i personally believe