United U21 - City U21

lysglimt

Scout
United 1-0 up after 4 minutes - Rhys Bennett with a header

lysglimt

Scout
Vitek - Jurado, Bennett, Mengi, Hardley - Iqbal, Savage - Forson, Mainoo, Hansen Aarøen - Shoretire

Subs: Harrison, Huddlestone, McNeill, Bernard and Emeran

Mickson

Great to see Bernard back. Will be interesting to see if we can manage a win for once, quite a strong and old team.

lysglimt

Scout
1-1 at half-time. Horrible weather apparently - Borges equalized for City after 26 minutes

lysglimt

Scout
Think it ended 1-5 after a total collapse in the last 20 mins. It's quite clear that questions have to be asked about the people in charge of this group of players

Bigsid

It is Mark Dempsey isn't it? One of the last vestiges of Ole's reign.
And people think some of these are on the edge of our first team?

Thats 3 wins in 20 for 18s and 21s. Terrible.

lysglimt

Scout
Ended 1-6. United actually the better side for almost 70 minutes - and then City scored 5 goals in 20 minutes. It's quite clear that there is something seriously wrong with the mentality of these players. We had 60% of the possession and City countered us to shreds.

Bigsid

Ended 1-6. United actually the better side for almost 70 minutes - and then City scored 5 goals in 20 minutes. It's quite clear that there is something seriously wrong with the mentality of these players. We had 60% of the possession and City countered us to shreds.
Theres a gap in quality between the teams obviously. Last couple of seasons got worse and tables dont lie am afraid. 21s won one game in 12 and conceded 10 more than any other team.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It's what I've just heard from someone who attended the game. We were apparently shading it for long periods of the game and had the bulk of the possession. But once City took the lead, they killed us on the transition, with the speedy Carlos Borges a big threat with his electric pace scoring a hat-trick. And it's not the first time we've struggled against his pace.

This was from the fella who was covering the game for a youtube fan channel, and his first half thoughts make it sound like we were well in the game and playing well. I'd like to see his full time thoughts.

Mickson

Great to see Bernard back. Will be interesting to see if we can manage a win for once, quite a strong and old team.
We didn't. Ended 1-6. I wonder if people will say that we were young again or maybe realise that the U21 is completely shit? For the record: WE ARENT YOUNGER THAN ANYONE ELSE.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Watched the highlights as I guess we don’t get to see the full game, which is probably a blessing. This group is so poor. They just watched City play football. The fans in the stand probably had more of an impact on the pitch than our players. Mainoo, as always, looked like the only one who deserved to be out there.

Last edited:

Demaw

Jurado, Bennett, Mengi, Hardley - Iqbal, Savage - Forson,

Look at that seven in the group. Some of the most average the club has ever had. No wonder we get smashed.

Mickson

Jurado, Bennett, Mengi, Hardley - Iqbal, Savage - Forson,

Look at that seven in the group. Some of the most average the club has ever had. No wonder we get smashed.
Harsh on Jurado and Iqbal especially, but I have no idea how Bjorn Hardley is still here and plays left back week in and week out.

Demaw

Harsh on Jurado and Iqbal especially, but I have no idea how Bjorn Hardley is still here and plays left back week in and week out.
Hi Mick, never been a fan of Jurado and I still have big doubts over Zidane with speed and movement.