United v Galatasaray, Sweden at Saturday, 7:30 PM local (6:30 BT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

Think Mourinho would love the goals of Mata and Rooney. Arriving in the box is what he demands from his 10's. Thankfully they were both able able to bag a goal each.

AndyMUFC

Perfect start for Zlatan with the goal and while it looked a bit lethargic after that, we came out all guns blazing after half time. Played some great football and scored some very nice goals.

SirScholes

Happy with the second half everyone played well
Rashford tho for being so young has such an awareness far above his years. His one on one is obviously good but I was impressed with the way he knew if he needed to wait for support and not just run into the box head down pulling it back to no one or if there was no support arriving (ala penalty award) go on his own.
Very very impressive, depay for me was the total opposite maybe he is trying too hard, I'm hoping that's the case

carlosp

I thought he was being sold tbh so mou doesn't see the need in giving him game time over someone else
Mou said he would give every player a chance. Fact that BFS hasn't had his chance yet suggests he will. Currently only just got back from honeymoon so would never have played in the game.

SirScholes

Perfect start for Zlatan with the goal and while it looked a bit lethargic after that, we came out all guns blazing after half time. Played some great football and scored some very nice goals.
I think a lot of 2nd half performers were trying to show Jose their ability. Long may that continue

Acole9

Outstanding
The second half was much better than the first. We looked so sluggish, I know a lot of the players it was their first match but some of them have been back in training for a while now. Some of our build up play during the goals was very good.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Mkhi had zero support inside or outside whenever he recieved the ball. True he didn't attempt dribbling but whats the point of that when there would be no one to cross to in the box.

Rashford's pace and Carrick's passing allowed everyone to move up and give Young players alongside him to play. The system had far more influence on Young that he did on the system.

Valencia overlapped more in the 20 mins of second half than the entire 1st half.
I agree with everything you said but I believe having a winger who's actually a winger play on the right for once was one of the big parts as to why we seemed so much more cohesive. Not everyone was coming inside trying to dictate the game and play killer balls. If we're going to play a Rooney or Mata as the 10 behind Zlatan then having Mkhi on the right as well is going to be a detriment to our cohesiveness as they all want to be the playmaker. We should either have a number 10 who's comfortable under pressure, can dribble, and can fill in on the flank for when Mkhi does cut inside like a Rashord or Pogba, or play Mkhi as a 10 and have Rashford or Young etc on the right who's willing create that width.

So it wasn't so much about Young being better than Carrick or Rashford, he just added some much needed balance to the side.

vodrake

Could be sold by then. Him and Januzaj will be sold I think if Jose's comments are anything to go by. If they were in his plans they'd have been in today's squad.
Bastian wasn't in the squad because he's just come back from his honeymoon and only started training by himself thursday

NinjaFletch

Could be sold by then. Him and Januzaj will be sold I think if Jose's comments are anything to go by. If they were in his plans they'd have been in today's squad.
He actually said he wouldn't give minutes to players he wasn't going to use and Januzaj has got minutes this tour...

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
He did not mention Bastian. But he only arrived a couple of days ago?

I saw Bastain giving up international football as him giving his all for the club.

we are only guessing as to his future.
Unfortunately him saying about 'everyone that played being in his plans' doesn't sound great for Schweinsteiger.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Thats fine but he is a club legend and people should treat him accordingly.
Paddy is a big hyphocrite for me. Last season he was absolutley ranting to a BBC journalist when he was phoned up after we won the Fa cup because the Journo made the suggestion Mourinho would be announced as the new United manager and he wanted to know Paddy's toughts. Paddy would have none of it, called him pretty much a lier and said he should reveal his sources or else it was made up bullshit. He pointed out, it was impossible United was going to fire LVG because he just won the Fa Cup and the entire team was celebrating and he said Woody fiercely hugged LVG and that was all the proof you could need to see United wasn't going to fire him, because they were delighted with him and could never go behind the manager back to fire him, and all the Mourinho rumours were shrugged off as lies to destablize the club and the manager and he was seriously pissed off about it all.

First of all I found it highly disrespectful and unprofessional the way he talked to that journalist as it was being broadcasted on live tv. Second of all he was clearly completley wrong in his assumptions and his rant was totally unjustified but he never took it on him to apologize for it or admit that he was in the wrong. In fact they had to cancel his MUTV show the next monday without giving proper reason because he was obviously to scared to face the public after this all. I was seriously embarrassed he represented the club and behaved like that. In fact I had hoped the Club would have ended working with him as a MUTV pundit because his behavior was just seriously not acceptable and clearly harmed the clubs image.

I also absolutley don't like how red-tinted his commentary is during games. I have no problem that he his biased, he is clearly a fan and that is ok if you work on the club channel but when I'am watching our games and we are playing wank, nothing annoys me more than those kind of fans who keep bigging up the club and do their utmost best to let everything look much better than it really is. Like you are watching a game where Rooney is just total wank and you could punch him for it, then you have crerand who doesn't utter a word of criticisme about Rooneys numerous feck ups but he when he does the most simple thing right, starts bigging him up as if he is some kind of genius.

He also comes across as the sort of true red fan who think they are better than other fans because they never utter a bad word about the club and act like a brainwashed united puppet because that is the proper way, the only way to conduct yourself as a fan. These sort of people make me sick to my stomach. They are the sort of people that would have put you in your place when you dared criticise LVG or Moyes and would have branded you as a bad fan for wanting the manager to be sacked. Yet when they actually are sacked they are the first to applaude the club and the new manager, which completley does my head in.

He is a club legend and he deserves respect for that but his behavior is unfitting to be a public representative of the club and he is a bad pundit because he is totally not capable of looking at things from a neutral perspective which is a necessity for being serious in your analysis.

Artimities

We look dangerous. Teams better look out once everybody gets a few games and the team is sorted.
We will be very deep, and you could argue our bench is just as good as any squad in the EPL.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Watching the game over since I didn't get the chance to before. It's only a friendly, but it's obvious that we're playing with a lot more attacking purpose and passing it around more quickly. Probably the players are encouraged to do quick passes, first time and trust themselves to pass it accurately and switch play instead of always taking touches and playing it short and slowly. Already a really pleasing aspect from our team with Mou. They are encouraged to go forward and make things happen instead of playing it safe and try to control always.

Also Mata has been fecking class this pre season. He's not a Mourinho type player but as it stands he walks into the side in front of Rooney.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Watching the game over since I didn't get the chance to before. It's only a friendly, but it's obvious that we're playing with a lot more attacking purpose and passing it around more quickly. Probably the players are encouraged to do quick passes, first time and trust themselves to pass it accurately and switch play instead of always taking touches and playing it short and slowly. Already a really pleasing aspect from our team with Mou. They are encouraged to go forward and make things happen instead of playing it safe and try to control always.

Also Mata has been fecking class this pre season. He's not a Mourinho type player but as it stands he walks into the side in front of Rooney.
Agree, I think he's realised he has to impress otherwise he'll be out like before. I hope he carves himself a place in the team, he's shown glimpses of being a great player but never had the consistency or the big match performances to be a regular starter.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
@The red panther.

This is the interview you are refering to.

Firstly the official stance of the club when asked about what van Gaal himself said "Its over"...was that he was talking about the season.
So Paddy was taking the club's official stance even though he must have known van Gaal was gone. His anger was really directed at the person who leaked the information to the journalist before the club announced it.

I agree he could have been more respectful. imo it was not so bad that his contract with the club had to be terminated.

But that is what I deduce from the exchange. The journalist did the right thing not to reveal the source. And Paddy should simply and calmly have stated that he cannot discuss it any further unless the source was revealed.

The rest of it is really your opinion and you are entitled to it. Many of us especially older reds love his obvious bias. I myself do not follow United that way.

But hey...he is a brilliant antidote to some utter bellends who claim to be professional and unbiased but are really pure ABUs. Paddy is no hypocrite. He is unashamedly biased for United and has earned the right to say what he wants even if he does go off a bit like he did.

He played with the Trinity.....Long may he continue :)

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I don't want to be a spoiled sport but Galatasaray are hardly a top club. The first team struggled mostly because they are out of fitness which was ratified by the B team (some of whom had more match fitness) did wonders against the Turkish team tired legs. We all saw what the likes of Valencia and Young did against a top side (Dortmund)

Sereques

I don't want to be a spoiled sport but Galatasaray are hardly a top club. The first team struggled mostly because they are out of fitness which was ratified by the B team (some of whom had more match fitness) did wonders against the Turkish team tired legs. We all saw what the likes of Valencia and Young did against a top side (Dortmund)
A preseason game to get our fitness back, and your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.