United will finish above Liverpool next season

Cloud7

Great call in hindsight, this. Hope the person that made the thread bet some money on this.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This and the 'Liverpool will never lose a home game again' threads are proper funny. Would have been legendary if we won the league.

U.N.C.L.E

Can’t wait for the scousers to fold up that “back on our perch” banner

I’d rather see City win everything for a decade than endure another Liverpool title. Feck ‘em.

meamth

They will act like they don't care..however deep down, we all know what they feel.

Solskjaer20

Liverpool has finished above us only 5 (FIVE) times since the 1990/91 season. For a team that thinks they were the best-ever PL side last season, that is quite embarrassing..

Gator Nate

Liverpool will fall apart fairly soon. Probably next season. There’s no way they can keep this nonsense up as they’re just not that good and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a luckier team.
Good call.

Though they did luck out today, with Chelski and Leicester both losing.

bosskeano

if this rumor is true that the dippers are going to pay Konate's 44m release clause and VvD comes back to his form prior to injury, Liverpool are going to be very difficult to score against next season. Konate is a hell of a good CB with size and very good pace.

Giggsy13

if this rumor is true that the dippers are going to pay Konate's 44m release clause and VvD comes back to his form prior to injury, Liverpool are going to be very difficult to score against next season. Konate is a hell of a good CB with size and very good pace.
Its too bad Konate can’t stay healthy.

giggslover

Still depends on Ole...if he continues to wear the same 1st team down all year and not rotate his squad, we will Falk at the death just like last year.

Mylock

The most important thing for this united team is a break in the summer and a good preseason; both were missing last year. Rashford needs a break to clear up his injuries. If he does, he will fly next season. If we buy smartly, we will not only finish above the pool but also city. I'd also like to see ollie ditch the system of playing to Holding Midfielders. He needs to be braver with his selection and manage to integrate his bench better, especially the young players as we have some outstanding talents coming through.
I predict we buy Torres, Sancho, Bossumo and offload Mata, matic, James, Dalot and Henderson to fund these transfers. I'm not sure if we'll keep Lingard.

wolvored

We need to win more games next season a trophy and be in with a shout of the title at least until the last couple of games otherwise I can see the likes of Fernandes and Rashford fecking off.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
And always injured

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
And always injured
He has been fit for the majority of this season, he missed something like 8 or 9 league games mid season.

He just isn’t first choice there, so wasn’t starting too many games.

bosskeano

He has been fit for the majority of this season, he missed something like 8 or 9 league games mid season.

He just isn’t first choice there, so wasn’t starting too many games.

He wasn't first choice as they went to a back 3 a lot of times so Upamecano was the central of the 3 and typically the other 2 were more outside backs so they could carry the ball out of the defense.

He's a really solid defender with good size and pace but yes right now the knock on him is his fitness issues. He and VVD though will make a very formidable pairing and his release clause was cheap by todays standards.

One thing people are really overlooking is the age of the Liverpool squad and they are probably a year away from really having to do a MAJOR overhaul of the squad. All three forwards are 29 and the midfield is ageing so except for Jota and Ox, they don't really have a young group of players to step in for them.