United will finish above Liverpool next season

Ventura

Rashford and Pogba back (or replaced) and 2 quality signings and we are challenging.

Paul_Scholes18

In the Corona league table we are above them ;). More wins than them since the break and introduction of the virus to europe.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
This is going to age well. I absolutely agree.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
They’re winning the league
Next year is our year
The transformation is complete!

432JuanMata

Not a hope but closing the gap on them will be going in the right direction. We are still miles off the likes of Liverpool and City who have had a terrible season by there standard. Get CL this season and progress next season then we might be up there with them

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Liverpool have an important summer ahead. Cracks are showing. And they have a poor midfield.

They have the cheek to criticise Atleti’s football. Who the feck decided their percentage ‘death by 1000 crosses’ is the way to play the game? They can barely pass the ball in the middle of the park.

Ventura

Are you guys saying that because Liverpool went 400 years without winning, it's 100% illegal for us to ever be optimistic about the next season? Because Liverpool fans have said something about next year, we are doomed to be permanently pessimistic, lest we could be considered similar to Liverpool fans?

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Actually, current trajectories of both teams makes this OP not unrealistic at all, but the outcome significantly depends on:

1. How well our development continues, e.g. what kind of signings we will be able to muster in the Summer.
2. Whether Liverpool's current poor form continues. They are definitely look to be in decline, right now

If Liverpool does not recover and we continue our progress (fingers crossed) then the prediction in this OP is very realistic. Liverpool will also need some major signings in the summer. Their depth seems to be shallow, especially in midfield and defense. And I would certainly try to buy a decent backup goalkeeper, if I were Klopp. Adrian is horrible.

Last edited:

Cliche Guevara

Liverpool will fall apart fairly soon. Probably next season. There’s no way they can keep this nonsense up as they’re just not that good and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a luckier team.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
They always have had the luck of the refs and every decision goes for them otherwise their manager kicks a fuss and moans. Its like hes has been best mates with the refs, but it won't last for much longer. It just can't. Their midfield isn't the greatest apart from 1/2 players who are reaching the end of their cycle. Never seen a luckier team, and they always seem to get that flukey goal no matter how much other teams dominate them. Next year is our year and we will stop their dominance.

Anyway, enough about what Liverpool fans used to say about us back in the day. I think we should just keep on focusing on ourselves and keep improving.

Fts 74

After all the negativity around here these past few months, its great to see threads like this!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Liverpool will fall apart fairly soon. Probably next season. There’s no way they can keep this nonsense up as they’re just not that good and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a luckier team.
Exactly this. But we also have to consider that like us, they also have a summer window to work in. As their squad stands, I’d be confident of finishing above them next year. Especially as it may we’ll be their turn to get the sort of injuries we got this year, which never gave us a chance.

They lack ideas and simply just cross the ball 100 times a game. That’s literally all they have.

ManchesterYoda

If City can stumble so much this season there's no reason why Liverpool can't stumble just as much if not more so next season. We already know we're a match for any of the top teams. Our problem has been consistency against the mid table and bottom of the table teams. Right now, we are on a very consistent 11 game unbeaten run. I genuinely believe that if we signed just one player, but that one player was an inverted right sided attacking player, we could challenge for the title next season, not just finish above Liverpool. That's the only area of our team where we are weak.

RobbieBerns

Not entirely sure if we finish above Pool next year, but it’s not too far fetched to say we can challenge next year if we bring in Sancho, Pogba stays, and we make a few more signings to strengthen the squad. All of those ingredients put together coupled with hitting the ground running in August and anything could happen.

Inter Yer Nan

I’m 50/50. We are on the up and a good summer and we are rocking whereas I think for them to improve they have to change their style a lot from the tumescent hoof ball tripe they conjure up. Naturally levels dip after you’ve finally won a trophy you’ve been after more often than not.

Zlatanator

I think Liverpool challenging titles has really given us the kick on the back. With the kind of team we're building and the young prospects we're lining, our future looks bright. One thing's for sure, we'll do way better than the past decade.

Lentwood

Why do we have to go from “we’re the worst team in History” to “we’re going to finish above Liverpool”?

Why can’t we just predict a continued steady improvement and a comfortable top four spot?