United will finish above Liverpool next season

Coxy

Why do we have to go from “we’re the worst team in History” to “we’re going to finish above Liverpool”?

Why can’t we just predict a continued steady improvement and a comfortable top four spot?
This. People are so reactionary.

If we continue to improve that's great - but we have a lot of points to make up. Let's see who we sign in the summer.

SirAnderson

Why do we have to go from “we’re the worst team in History” to “we’re going to finish above Liverpool”?

Why can’t we just predict a continued steady improvement and a comfortable top four spot?
That assumes Liverpool will finished 2nd next year. He just said above. Above could be us 4th and them 5th. :lol: Progress. Improvement.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Keeping the level of consistency they've had for more than 2 years would be insane. And we are and will continue to improve.

I'm fairly confident we'll see a more 'regular' season next year, as in the gap won't be 20-odd points and no one is getting to 90+ points.

City could be a threat with all the extra rest they'll get, depending on if they keep hold of everyone.

Mo Caine

Supports
United from 1977 until 2007
you can't beat a bit of blind faith, unfortunately i lost that years ago, we're still miles off where i'd like to us to be

Shiva87

you can't beat a bit of blind faith, unfortunately i lost that years ago, we're still miles off where i'd like to us to be
Okay, so where would you like us to be? Please care to elaborate how that's miles off where we currently are?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
A 15-0 record and winning every game convincingly? Becuase between where we are, and miles off, that is where we would be.

Eric's-collar

Pool still team to beat, despite dropping unlikely points this season, they dominate most matches, poor finishing cost them last nite, us on the other hand have been a little fortunate with some of our wins, but if we can stop leaking goals, we can certainly push them all the way, 17th will tell us a bit more

Rossa

If we beat the Scousers and win our game in hand, we are 6 points up on them. City will also go past them if they win their games in hand. Things are looking much more interesting this season.

EC689908

In the last 38 league games:

Liverpool P38 ; Points: 78
United P38 ; Points: 78

Gap has been closed.

Inter Yer Nan

I think with their form and their fixtures coming up, it does appear likely. I think we are improving as a team and becoming more solid and strengthening out mentality. Liverpool have a fight on their hands to get top four.

davidmichael

With Champions League about to start again soon Liverpool and City could take their eye off the league a bit, I don’t think for a second we’d think about Europa over the league and right now we’d be silly to think about anything over the league.

Liverpool have got away games at Spurs and West Ham up next then they’ve got City at home so they may need to beat City to stay within 10 points of us as we’ve got Sheffield United and Southampton at home with Arsenal in between, if we can stay level with City before they go to Anfield and Liverpool beat them then we’re in a genuine title race lads.