United will win the league if...

LuckyScout78

United get :

+ A world class GK. A la and level of Peter the big or Vanders

+ A world class CB a la Jaap Stam, Vidic or Van Dijk. United do have really fast Cbs in Bailly, Teden Mengi. I am not afraid of lacking of pace from United CB. United need simply a beast of a CB. A CB that bring fear to opponent attackers. Simply a totally CB with a dominant presence. And this dominant presence is direct against Cbs beast Stam, Vidic and Lucio

+ A world class nr.8. Consistent week in and week out. Totally honest and brutal. None of Matic, Fred and McTom are there yet. Then United have only Pogba left. He has start to show glimpse of top level as nr.8. But still not there yet, special consistently over long time. It’s the level and ability of Paul Scholes I’m looking after. The hole Scholes left, hasn’t been fill and covered yet. After his retirement.

+ A really good RW. Maybe Diallo can be the answer. But still a bit too early before i can judge and rate him. Even his ball skill, touch of the ball and combination football is really good. If he turns out to be really close to the top level as RW. And about Greenwood. United shall develop him to a top sharp and clinical CF. A sniper of a CF.

+ A really good LW

So. Do it exist the level and qualities out there who United can get?

+ As a GK. Not 100 % sure yet. But i am considering Aston Villa‘s Martinez. Look a bit like Peter Schmeichel more than Vanders. The other one is Ac Milan’s G.Donnarumma.

+ As a top CB. There are two names. Juventus De Ligt. Stam mould and Jannik Vestergaard as Van Dijk version.

+ As new top nr.8. I don’t have the name yet. But there is a really good player who is wearing nr.8 now. And it’s Bruno. Then i think i will drop Bruno down to nr.8. If Pogba is not the answer.

+ As new RW. Then the answer might be Diallo or A Madrid’s Marcos Llorente

+ As new LW. The answer can be Szoboszlai or Harvey Barnes

Then how to line them up with the current players?

I will line up with a 442 formation.

Martinez/Donnarumma
+ Bissaka - De Ligt/Bailly/Mengi - Maguire - Shaw + Diallo/Llorente - McTom - Bruno/Pogba - Martial/Szoboszlai/Barnes +
Greenwood/Bruno - Rashford/Cavani

There you have. I will update it more in the future. Those are the ingredients/factors and reasons of the result that are success and winning the league. Special a strong and dominate central spine. Build the team around McTom, Bruno, Greenwood and Rashford. Adding a world class GK, CB or maybe two, a nr.8 and RW. United will be there.
I think Rashford and Greenwood can be two regular CF upfront in the future. Leading the line. Rashford has to move back as a CF permanent. If not, slowly you will reduce and make Rashford clinical instinct worse. As playing as LW too often. Rashford was playing it more with natural instinct as CF in the first years under LVG. Right now, he use to think too much and take too much time before he decides what to do with the ball.

Sum up. Vital and important to strength. A GK, CB, Nr.8 and RW. 3 if you drop Bruno down as nr.8 or Pogba is the answer. 4 if Bruno still play nr.10. Sadly there are not many who are at Paul Scholes level out there right now. Bruno at his best. Might be the answer to Scholes solution and problem. Defensive cm United have McTom if you tell him to hold back. And make run forward like Keane when it’s right.
Then Bruno and McTom can be the new Keane and Scholes for United in the future. It’s easier to find a really really good CF and supporting striker out there. Like Haaland. But a new Scholes. That man was a genius and unique. Bruno maybe is the answer. He is giving me really good confidence. That he can fill Scholes boots and fill the hole Scholes left after his retirement.

Updating and changing of recommendations will come, edit and adding. Just have to watch and explorer more.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
United get more points than everyone else
OR

United get the same points as the next nearest team but have a better goal difference.

OR

United get the same points as the next nearest team and have the same goal difference but a better head to head.

Based Adnan

We'll win the league easily. All we have to do is sign Kristoffer Olsson.

Alfie092

We will win the league if we win 13 out of our 15 remaining league games, including beating Man City.

Most likely won't happen but that is how we will win the league ;)

Green_Red

I will win the lotto if...

The ticket I buy has the numbers that come out in the draw. Its that simple!

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

You could swap United out with pretty much any PL team top 6-8 team and this would probably be true.

Deery

Dreary
A super star forward and we win the league that is all, probably a certain Mr Haaland...

Giggsy13

United will win the league if city are given a ban for doping or docketed 20 points.

We have no chance. The current trends with our poor defending, set piece play and our forwards (Martial and Rashford) inability to finish off easy chances means we’re trending in the opposite direction. Ole wanted a bigger squad yet has failed to properly integrate VDB in the squad. Our over reliance on Bruno will cost us at some point unless Pogba, Rashford, Martial etc start carrying their weight.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So you want to replace Rashford with Harvey Barnes and your aim is to win the league?

RedDevil@84

A ridiculously good forward (prime RVP) who can play without injuries all season is just enough to win it. All you need is to get the ball to him. He will score.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So if we sign world class players we will win trophies. Being a scout is easy, fecking hell

Lentwood

So 5 players out of 11 then?

People make the mistake time and time again of thinking you need XI amazing players to win a title. This is the FIFA/Football Manager effect. You don’t.

If I had told you four years ago that Andy Robertson, Wijnaldum, Mo Salah, Mane, Firminho, Lovren, Matip and Henderson would be Champions of England, Europe and the World I would have been ridiculed.

Good teams are better than the sum of their parts but usually possess two or three outstanding individuals.

In my book, we COULD win the league with this team if we had a world class GK.

In reality we probably need a GK and one more top, top player. Either in one of the forward positions, in CM or at CB.

The idea every player has to be world-class in their position is nonsense really

bondsname

I’ve said this a million times: We will win the league when we get rid of the Chevrolet logo. That’s not a title-winning jersey.

Jibbs

We had a proper right winger. A younger Cavani or some other striker just as lethal. A fast aggressive injury free defender to partner Maguire.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
We had a proper right winger. A younger Cavani or some other striker just as lethal. A fast aggressive injury free defender to partner Maguire.
This. I think a covering RB as well.

el3mel

We win the league if we become more consistent.

That's about it. Not everything needs to be solved by buying more and more players.

TheBreadTruck

So all we need to do is sign world class players in 5/6 positions (incorporating the there or thereabouts great players we already have) and we'll win the league?

Woody get the chequebook out! Can't believe he has missed this obvious, guaranteed route to success.

Threesus

If sheikh mansour stops funding city and if pep doesn’t manage them and if our players don’t wilt under the mere mention of a title challenge, then maybe.

L1nk

Get a better manager and better players, what a revelation

Zeno

So 5 players out of 11 then?

People make the mistake time and time again of thinking you need XI amazing players to win a title. This is the FIFA/Football Manager effect. You don’t.

If I had told you four years ago that Andy Robertson, Wijnaldum, Mo Salah, Mane, Firminho, Lovren, Matip and Henderson would be Champions of England, Europe and the World I would have been ridiculed.

Good teams are better than the sum of their parts but usually possess two or three outstanding individuals.

In my book, we COULD win the league with this team if we had a world class GK.

In reality we probably need a GK and one more top, top player. Either in one of the forward positions, in CM or at CB.

The idea every player has to be world-class in their position is nonsense really
This is a fair assessment of where we are.

A league title is close. I can smell it.

I would go so far as to say that we will look back on the 20s as a glorious period in United’s history.

Siorac

United get more points than everyone else
OR

United get the same points as the next nearest team but have a better goal difference.

OR

United get the same points as the next nearest team and have the same goal difference but a better head to head.
Goals scored before head to head results.