United will win the league if...

KwokSF

Get a better manager and better players, what a revelation
The players are good enough. The book is still out on the manager but Ole is doing well enough to suggest he is the right one.

Scott Mctominay FC

I dont think there is any chance of us winning it this year (unless a colossal f**k up by City), however with a good summer and a little bit more consistency, I think we are in with a chance of properly challenging City or Pool (hoping neither have 90 + points seasons) next years.

L1nk

No thanks. I like the slow and steady rebuild Ole is doing.
The players are good enough. The book is still out on the manager but Ole is doing well enough to suggest he is the right one.
Doing well, yes i guess he is, not sure he's showing me enough to convince me that we're ever going to win the league under him though, we'll likely hover around the 3-6 league positions mark under him

OrcaFat

...we wait a while longer.

Sure we’ll win it quicker if we get better players in all at once but by getting one or two at a time, we’ll get there soon enough.

Not far away now, really. City are an injury or two away from dropping points again and Liverpool are a mess. Long shot but we can still win it this year by maintaining our long term form over the last year.

Okey

...we stay consistent and the inevitable drop off (even if ever so slightly) plus Champions league distraction slow Citeh down.

More likely...if we recruit smartly this summer (CB, CDM, striker/RW) and keep progressing as a team like we're currently doing.

LuckyScout78

Edit and adding:

Nicola Barella from Inter Milan. I think i have found a new Paul Scholes or closest you can come up too. This boy has everything as a cm player. Will become one of the best cm in the future. United need a Scholes behind Bruno and front 4.

And i am considering another Inter player. The side back Hakimi who can play on both sides.

Line up with Barella :

Martinez

Bissaka/Hakimi - De Ligt - Maguire/Mengi - Shaw/Hakimi

Greenwood - Barella - McTom - Barnes/Martial + Bruno + Rashford

The central spine :
GK: E.Martinez, Aston Villa
CB : De Ligt. Juventus
CM : Barella , Inter Milan
CF : Haaland? Would be a dream signing

There you have my central spine recommendations. I am patience to give Bailly, Tuanzebe and Mengi another season to prove theirs worth. If not, im going with the CB that has the character and winning mentality. I need and want winners.

More to come........My United version of Ocean Eleven. When i get my Eleven & XI. You know we will get our goals.

1.Bruno - check and done
2.McTom - check and done

3.Barella will get a call
4.Martinez will get a call
5.Hakimi will get a call
6.De Ligt will get a call

6 certain. 5 more to go. Sancho or Marcos Llorente for RW?Not sure United can get both of Haaland and Sancho. Need more time on those positions. But i think i will finish it after the euro 2021. Rest of the seasons should be enough time to complete my United version of Ocean Eleven. Got the hands on the biggest trophies.

A manuscript inspired by Ocean Eleven. Bring United back to the top. That’s ours goals.

wolvored

We will win the league if we win 13 out of our 15 remaining league games, including beating Man City.

Most likely won't happen but that is how we will win the league ;)
No we won't. City need to lose 4 if we won every game and if we only win 13/15 would need to lose 6

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
No we won't. City need to lose 4 if we won every game and if we only win 13/15 would need to lose 6
Not if we beat them, we’ll be 7 points behind. That’s only three losses from them or two losses and a couple of draws.

still not 4 but not 6 either is it?

wolvored

Not if we beat them, we’ll be 7 points behind. That’s only three losses from them or two losses and a couple of draws.

still not 4 but not 6 either is it?
Your forgetting the game we beat them then we need them to lose 3 more and we win the lot so 4. If we only win 13/15 we would need them to lose 6

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Your forgetting the game we beat them then we need them to lose 3 more and we win the lot so 4. If we only win 13/15 we would need them to lose 6
Ok I can’t look at it again, it’s late, I’ll take your word for it :lol:

hungrywing

If we'd gotten Haaland last winter, I believe we'd only be 2-3 points off City right now. 18m pounds.

If Diallo were to then kick on as well, we were probably looking at a serious title challenge.

Also, we'd have finished slightly more strongly last season, and there's no telling who else we might have been able to attract in the summer based on those performances.

Cast5

If we'd gotten Haaland last winter, I believe we'd only be 2-3 points off City right now. 18m pounds.

If Diallo were to then kick on as well, we were probably looking at a serious title challenge.

Also, we'd have finished slightly more strongly last season, and there's no telling who else we might have been able to attract in the summer based on those performances.
Imagine the melt down if we’d have bought Haaland with that release clause, As much as I despise that rat Woodward, he did the right thing.

meamth

...if Martial scored all his chances.

sounds crazy, but we would have won the league by now.

MissKatie

Supports
Northampton Town
We'll win the league if every first team Man City player gets a long term injury.
I just can't see a way past them at the moment

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I can't wait for Luckyscout to discover his next team!

UpWithRivers

We need City to fall off a cliff and the scousers to never do it again. If they continue to get in points in the late 90's and keep buying top players it would take a miracle to catch them. If there is a 80's points winning season we have a chance.

Alfie092

This was when we had 15 games to play, now we have 13 and have dropped 2 vital points to WBA since. Had we won that and then followed that up by wins against Newcastle, Chelsea and the more importantly Man City we would only be 5 points behind City!

If we was to win majority of our remaining 11 games, I would be fairly confident we could topple City. Saying that, I felt City would drop some points in the buildup to the United game, they have had some tough fixtures vs Liverpool, Spurs, Everton and Arsenal. They got West Ham so hoping they do us a favour! But I don't see them dropping any points there either sadly. Had they dropped even just 2 points in one of those fixtures we would have only been 3 points behind (providing we kept on winning including beating City).

The dropped points vs WBA made me loose any sort of hope winning the title now because it just shows we cannot be trusted to do the job and be almost flawless till the end of the season. Miracles do happen but even if we win all our games at this point, the form of City makes me question even if we beat them would they drop enough points to help us win the title? Sadly I doubt it but who knows!

wolvored

This was when we had 15 games to play, now we have 13 and have dropped 2 vital points to WBA since. Had we won that and then followed that up by wins against Newcastle, Chelsea and the more importantly Man City we would only be 5 points behind City!

If we was to win majority of our remaining 11 games, I would be fairly confident we could topple City. Saying that, I felt City would drop some points in the buildup to the United game, they have had some tough fixtures vs Liverpool, Spurs, Everton and Arsenal. They got West Ham so hoping they do us a favour! But I don't see them dropping any points there either sadly. Had they dropped even just 2 points in one of those fixtures we would have only been 3 points behind (providing we kept on winning including beating City).

The dropped points vs WBA made me loose any sort of hope winning the title now because it just shows we cannot be trusted to do the job and be almost flawless till the end of the season. Miracles do happen but even if we win all our games at this point, the form of City makes me question even if we beat them would they drop enough points to help us win the title? Sadly I doubt it but who knows!
In reality we need City to drop a minimum of 11 points with 13 games to go. Thats if we win every single game. 2 things I guarantee will happen. City wont lose 4 (or lose 3 and draw 1 to be exact) and we wont win every game, so that means City will need to lose around half their games left for us to have a realistic chance and as I have already said I cant see them losing 3-4 games thats another thing that wont happen, imo.
We got an evens chance of finishing 2nd and a fantastic chance of finishing top 4. That is realistically where we stand.

Alfie092

In reality we need City to drop a minimum of 11 points with 13 games to go. Thats if we win every single game. 2 things I guarantee will happen. City wont lose 4 (or lose 3 and draw 1 to be exact) and we wont win every game, so that means City will need to lose around half their games left for us to have a realistic chance and as I have already said I cant see them losing 3-4 games thats another thing that wont happen, imo.
We got an evens chance of finishing 2nd and a fantastic chance of finishing top 4. That is realistically where we stand.

Yeah I fully agree, in fact with City 10 points ahead of us, I feel that they would need to drop at least 13 points for us to have a chance because I don't see us being flawless till the end of the season and we will most likely drop points along the way. The only way I see them dropping that many points if a miracle happens and they form dips drastically, because we do need a drastic dip in form by them for us to stand a chance. IMO the only way that could occur is if they take their eye off the league slightly and focus to heavily on the CL. I would also say if they had an injury crisis but their squad depth is so ridiculous and unmatched compared to other teams in Europe, even if they picked up 3-4 injuries to key players they are still able to put out a strong starting 11...

Our aim should be finishing 2nd as close to City as possible (ideally single digit points behind them) and some silverware, either the FA Cup or Europa League. My preference would be the Europa League, just purely for that safety net of knowing we have CL football next season, even though I'm confident of getting that via the league, I'm not 100% confident on that either!

RedBanker

I love you Ole
You don't need world class players in every position to win the league.

Walters_19_MuFc

Think we obviously need to improve our side and just once thing won't do it, but we'll certainly be much closer when we become more efficient at breaking down teams with a low block.

We sit 10 points behind City.

Palace - Loss
Sheff Utd - Loss
West Brom - Draw

The games above are games we really should be winning. Now, that's only 7 points dropped, meaning we'd still be behind City but if we were three points behind, they'd obviously be feeling a lot more pressure.

Games such as Leicester and Everton where we conceded pretty late on could be down to a lack of killing off games but I do think we're pretty good at that, to be honest.

Be a tough task to catch such an in-form City side this season but going forward, if we can play at a quicker tempo and find a way to make us more efficient in breaking down teams with a low block next season, then I can't see why we won't be up there.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Doing well, yes i guess he is, not sure he's showing me enough to convince me that we're ever going to win the league under him though, we'll likely hover around the 3-6 league positions mark under him
....and yet here we are sitting in 2nd place.

A place above his 3rd place finish last year.

An improvement, no?