United Women sign Jade Moore

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
Very good midfield reinforcement.

When fit she'll be a really good addition. It'll mean if Ladd can't play there's a ready made no 6 available to slot straight back in, it also means if you need to close a game out you can bring another DM on for it.

Only issue is the injuries at Pride, but hopefully that can be sorted as I don't recall her having issues when at Reading and Birmingham.

Grande

When fit she'll be a really good addition. It'll mean if Ladd can't play there's a ready made no 6 available to slot straight back in, it also means if you need to close a game out you can bring another DM on for it.

Only issue is the injuries at Pride, but hopefully that can be sorted as I don't recall her having issues when at Reading and Birmingham.
Is she really needed? With Ladd, Zelem, Groenen, Bøe Risa and Stanisforth, we already have n abundance of midfielders.

kundalini

I'm not a fan of big squads in the women's game. Players aren't paid enough to justify them getting minimal mins on the pitch; though it would be more understandable if it is an older player, coming towards the end of their career, than the way United have treated Ivana Fuso and Lotta Okvist.

Hard to see Jackie Groenen wanting to sign a new deal at United if she's not starting matches when fit. Perhaps she has already made the decision to leave.

Signing a CB as cover makes sense to me, given Millie Turner's situation, the other signings less so.

Last edited:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I think Jade has come in because we realised how much we missed Hayley Ladd when she was out. Zelem wasn't a good sub for her, and the other mids are all really better going forward than when asked to play as defensive midfielders.

The other thing is that Ladd can play as a centre back, so we get a bit more room for manoeuvre this way, maybe even the option of a back 3/5 or two defensive mids. I'd love to think that Thorisdottir can find her best form alongside Mannion, but I can also see us wanting to shield the defence at times.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
Is she really needed? With Ladd, Zelem, Groenen, Bøe Risa and Stanisforth, we already have n abundance of midfielders.
No other mid is a DM other than Ladd, and Ladd also a backup CB.

When you play Zelem as the only DM the results from the end of last season and the start of this one happen.