United's biggest problem - Our spoiled and overly entitled fan base

RooneyLegend

English is not my first language, so I can’t fully express my thoughts.

I’ve been reading the Caf for 15 years. I could find (and still find) a lot of unique content and have a good laugh.
I decided to join the forum because United supporters who enjoy supporting the club have become outnumbered by “fans” who hate supporting the club.

They feel obliged to do so. Obliged to suffer. Statistics, historical analogies, all sorts of metaphors, and comparisons dumped here to finally express well rationalized contempt to United. They hate everything about the club bar it’s past glory. But they “care” about the club, “blow whistles” or express their concern. We, who enjoy United, must respect their loyalty, a precious gift forged in the fire of genuine human’s suffering.

How do I recognize them? They start by mentioning some “facht” and move on to expressing their emotions. “Loath”, “sick”, “fed up”, etc.

They don’t hesitate to use pejorative adjectives towards the club consistently. They consistently belittle United and praise City and Liverpool. They are arrogant to other posters although don’t contribute anything technical. They like pretentious wording and emotional expressions. They attack you once found out immediately.

Psychoanalysts don’t really follow what is reasoning one’s ego is using to justify his/her behavior, but concentrate on what what is literally said.

Textual analysis of great chunk of posts here will show that a lot of “fans” here just hate to support United. Noble masochists. Doing what you don’t enjoy is a sign of a miserable life. Just stop.
Comedy gold this. Being happy with the nonsense that's taken place at the club for the past 6 years isnt doing anything for anyone.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Sorry but our biggest problem is the way the football side of the business is being ran.

We have 7 centre backs in a 25 man squad, that should tell you everything you need to know about how badly this squad is been managed.
I don’t deny the problems. I am all for heated discussions. I just don’t understand why we should humiliate Manchester United while doing so.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Spoiled and untitled? We're the reason these players earn millions. We expect wins. If it's too annoying go join Arsenal. No need to win trophies there.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
David Moyes,
LVG,
Jose Mourinho.

Those are the three managers we hired since Ferguson. One has now retired from football. One hasn't got a high profile job apart from United. One is now seen as toxic. We hired three wrong managers and supported them. The way the club has run means we generate a huge income and will rebound as soon as we give a good manager the same backing as the other three.
The only one getting any backing from United right now is Ed Woodward.

Tango80

This transfer window pretty much sums up this thread :lol:

'ohh but we should have bought 4 or 5 first teamers'

Is it me or has no team ever done this ever?

AFC NimbleThumb

Whilst we have been spoiled comparatively, I think fans are ENTITLED to think that coming into this summer we wouldn’t have to finance a central defender by selling our no.9 or that with Fellaini & Herrera leaving in the last 6 months we’d make a midfield signing.

Enfant terrible

English is not my first language, so I can’t fully express my thoughts.

I’ve been reading the Caf for 15 years. I could find (and still find) a lot of unique content and have a good laugh.
I decided to join the forum because United supporters who enjoy supporting the club have become outnumbered by “fans” who hate supporting the club.

They feel obliged to do so. Obliged to suffer. Statistics, historical analogies, all sorts of metaphors, and comparisons dumped here to finally express well rationalized contempt to United. They hate everything about the club bar it’s past glory. But they “care” about the club, “blow whistles” or express their concern. We, who enjoy United, must respect their loyalty, a precious gift forged in the fire of genuine human’s suffering.

How do I recognize them? They start by mentioning some “facht” and move on to expressing their emotions. “Loath”, “sick”, “fed up”, etc.

They don’t hesitate to use pejorative adjectives towards the club consistently. They consistently belittle United and praise City and Liverpool. They are arrogant to other posters although don’t contribute anything technical. They like pretentious wording and emotional expressions. They attack you once found out immediately.

Psychoanalysts don’t really follow what is reasoning one’s ego is using to justify his/her behavior, but concentrate on what what is literally said.

Textual analysis of great chunk of posts here will show that a lot of “fans” here just hate to support United. Noble masochists. Doing what you don’t enjoy is a sign of a miserable life. Just stop.
Spot on. The level of cognitive bias on this forum is just nuts. I love this club, I am proud of our history, and I still enjoy every good game that we play. Am I mad when we suck? You bet. But hey, what goes around comes around. Hating on the club and the players is prob a part of the reason why we have problems in the transfer windows. If we dont love the club why should the players?

Reactions: Sultan

ThinkTank@Cafe

Whilst we have been spoiled comparatively, I think fans are ENTITLED to think that coming into this summer we wouldn’t have to finance a central defender by selling our no.9 or that with Fellaini & Herrera leaving in the last 6 months we’d make a midfield signing.
Do something about it if you are entitled.

He'sRaldo

I don’t deny the problems. I am all for heated discussions. I just don’t understand why we should humiliate Manchester United while doing so.
I remember someone liken it to a parent who constantly criticizes their child and compares with other children. No matter how bad the child is, that's obviously a shite thing to do.

We all understand that the club isn't perfect, but all the unnecessary digs while praising other clubs just doesn't feel right to me. And it's caught on, of course. Outsiders will be believing the things we're saying, hyperbolic as they may be, and that impacts the club negatively. It's not a good look.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We stopped really backing managers after Jose’s first season. Everything else has been lip service. Such a low net spend for a team that needs to catch up and supposedly has aspirations to being the best. It’s clear our fans and owners currently have very differing views on how the club should be ran. I think we are a shambles and have been pretty much ever since the glazers arrived. Fergie was so good he somehow made the glazers look like they had a clue. They don’t and we are now screwed.

ThinkTank@Cafe

I remember someone liken it to a parent who constantly criticizes their child and compares with other children. No matter how bad the child is, that's obviously a shite thing to do.

We all understand that the club isn't perfect, but all the unnecessary digs while praising other clubs just doesn't feel right to me. And it's caught on, of course. Outsiders will be believing the things we're saying, hyperbolic as they may be, and that impacts the club negatively. It's not a good look.
I have never seen so many posts from other clubs supporters as in the last two years. They just love to be here now.

Alabaster Codify7

I would've thought our biggest problem is that our players are incapable of finishing above 5th/6th in the league apart from two seasons in six. As a football team, I'd say if your players are bang average and as a result you dont get good enough results, your biggest problem is you have bang average players.

Enfant terrible

Absofeckinglutely this.
If you wanna express your dissatisfaction with the club policy, stop funding the board, don't fecking boo the players. Boycott the games, don't respond to their media campaigns, stop buying merch. Booing at your own squad is pathetic

Enfant terrible

I would've thought our biggest problem is that our players are incapable of finishing above 5th/6th in the league apart from two seasons in six. As a football team, I'd say if your players are bang average and as a result you dont get good enough results, your biggest problem is you have bang average players.
We are not the galacticos but those players are far from average. If they were in a thriving environment, I bet you their performance would be quite different. Keep an eye on Lukaku in Inter. The grass is greener on the other side because the neighbour doesn't sht in his yard on a daily basis.

P.s. I dislike Woodward very much

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I guess becuase its simply the passion people have for the club.

Look its happens a every club in the country, you see it right the way down to grass routes football, if fans don't feel it is been well run for that perspective level then they get angry.

it isn't just football you get it in politics, tv and film anything where people invest a lot of time and passion into. and it isn't just a modern day phenomena, though the internet may make it feel that way, you got people getting angry about play writes and artists. going back pretty much to the dawn of civilisation.

Thats just the way humans are, when they are passionate about something and the feel that some one has let down the thing they are passionate about then they get angry and sometimes irrational.

Its happening a lot with United right now becuase we have such a large fan base, and the club has been badly ran(at least from a football point of view) for quite a number of years.

Ace Krampus

I guess becuase its simply the passion people have for the club.

Look its happens a every club in the country, you see it right the way down to grass routes football, if fans don't feel it is been well run for that perspective level then they get angry.
To be fair, do the fans of 95% of teams have a hope of winning anything, let alone an expectation? It's obvious that United doesn't have the cash to splash compared to some of these newjacks. If the team was spending hundreds of millions of pounds on the wrong players, that's one thing, but we're talking about an ownership group that's getting left in the dust and facing a tough adjustment. The old tactics aren't working, I'm not sure what the solution is here but I don't believe that these guys, Ed, the Glazers, whomever are bad at identifying talent but the purse strings are what they are. I'd rather be frugal if the choice is paying over the top for tertiary talent, but I agree it can't go on like this forever if you want to maintain the "top club" image.

El-Manos

Spot on. The level of cognitive bias on this forum is just nuts. I love this club, I am proud of our history, and I still enjoy every good game that we play. Am I mad when we suck? You bet. But hey, what goes around comes around. Hating on the club and the players is prob a part of the reason why we have problems in the transfer windows. If we dont love the club why should the players?
The fact some of them are on 300k a week could be a good argument.

TheForgottenOne

City in 10/11?
Boateng, Milner, Kolarov, Toure, Balotelli and Silva, joined by Dzeko in januari.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Pogba Mhikitaryan Bailly Ibrahimovic - 16/17
Martial Darmian Schnederlin Depay Bastian 15/16
Herrera Shaw DiMaria Falcao Blind Rojo 14/15

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks

Loads of teams have done this.

Not even big ones.

He'sRaldo

I have never seen so many posts from other clubs supporters as in the last two years. They just love to be here now.
Even twitter journalists and the like are getting in on it now. It's now in vogue to bash and get digs in at Man Utd.

It's funny, I remember reading that Tielemans rejected us for Leicester because he wanted a more 'positive environment' after Monaco. That should tell us a bit about the environment around the club, actual decent players rejecting us for bloody Leicester! I commend Ole for trying to instill some positivity but obviously some people, fans and otherwise, just aren't having it.

OverratedOpinion

Pointing out incompetence is a very different thing from entitlement. For a club the size of Utd expecting to sign Neymar every summer would be entitlement, expecting to sign Ben Yedder or a player of that level to replace our top scorer for the last two seasons is not. Expecting us to not sell our second best midfielder without replacing him when we clearly aim to improve is not.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

We actually needed 4. (CB, RB, RW, DM). We only bought 2 and some random guy with pace from the championship

JoaquinJoaquin

Too many of our fans are happy to accept the club plunging into mediocrity without saying anything like a good little sheep. They are the bigger problem.

R'hllor

Things will improve massively when we shake of those spoiled and entitled mfs, just imagine our biggest problem gone, it will take time thoo.

After that Ed will pick up his stick and lead the herd to the best shearers in the land.

He'sRaldo

Too many of our fans are happy to accept the club plunging into mediocrity without saying anything like a good little sheep. They are the bigger problem.
In my opinion, the problem with this is the complaining doesn't solve much, and on top of that leaves a dire atmosphere around the club which affects the club negatively.

If there were a practical way to help the club I'd be all for it, but the way I see it, the negativity brings more harm than good. If not, I'd be moaning my heart out along with the rest as obviously, the club isn't in an ideal situation right now.

HailtotheKing

It's all very well being positive, but we have been outspent by promoted teams in two consecutive seasons. Manchester United outspent by clubs like Aston Villa and Fulham. It's a joke. I'm all for youth, but everyone knows that youth needs to be brought in slowly and carefully. Not just dumped in en-masse. Its too much pressure.
Everyone knows we've needed a midfield overhaul for years. This years even worse. Matic is worse, Mata is worse. And we lost the only decent player we had in Herrera.
Expecting young players to just step into such an incohesive unit is just madness. Then you have Pogba that you desperately want to stay (probably mainly for commercial reasons) and what do you to convince him of your ambition? Jack.Shit. In fact worse than jack shit, because we got rid of Herrera and Lukaku and replaced neither.
Then next year we're gonna try and get Sancho. Well surely having not convinced him due to lack of Champs League Football, we would've made a good effort to secure it for this year. Nope, we haven't done that either. Then there's the deadwood. What was that whole speech about some players not gonna be here? It was all just a line.
We had a great opportunity to buy some good players this window. And we didn't even have Chelsea to compete with. Then there the DOF thing. We are an omnishambles. The only thing I can think of is that they just don't care. They can flog us for all we're worth due to our name, but they don't actually care about any kind of success. Pure business as we've always known. I will always support United but that doesn't take away from my disgust at how we're being run. I just hope that we're actually gonna play the youth that everyone is so excited to see given their opportunity. But I fear its gonna be more Mata, Jones, Young and Matic. With a dash of Lingard for desert. Shite.

haram

Spoilt was the way people reacted to us finishing 2nd. People are not spoilt for thinking the club is run poorly though.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Our biggest issue is that different stakeholders of the club have different expectations and ambitions.

The club need to be transparent on their ambition, and the strategy and timline to achieve that ambition.

Until that is clearly communicated, I’ve no idea what I’m meant to be supporting and when I know that we’ve been successful. Classic example was when Mourinho came 2nd which was not uniformly celebrated despite being a landmark achievement post Ferguson.

Frankly speaking we are Manchester Dis-United right now. Board, coaches, players and fans all seem to be wanting different things right now.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Our biggest issue is that different stakeholders of the club have different expectations and ambitions.

The club need to be transparent on their ambition, and the strategy and timline to achieve that ambition.

Until that is clearly communicated, I’ve no idea what I’m meant to be supporting and when I know that we’ve been successful. Classic example was when Mourinho came 2nd which was not uniformly celebrated despite being a landmark achievement post Ferguson.

Frankly speaking we are Manchester Dis-United right now. Board, coaches, players and fans all seem to be wanting different things right now.
Good point. Also welcome back.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
There's some utter feckwits among our fanbase and most of them are on the Caf. Seriously, thank the Lord for some of the oppos. And @Fridge chutney.

matt23

Reading the caf the last few days has proven this thread to be thoroughly accurate.