United's form since going Top of the Table in January

el3mel

Basically 15 points out of what, 30 ?

Absolutely shambolic mental collapse.

peridigm

Should not have spent all those goals on one match. Spread them Southampton goals around, we're still top of the league.

Zoo

Even those wins weren’t great - needed a Pogba worldie against Fulham and Newcastle at home was rather poor. Just the Southampton game then but that was a freak one.

arnie_ni

Should not have spent all those goals on one match. Spread them Southampton goals around, we're still top of the league.
:lol:actually just enough goals to allow us to win every single one of those games and keep the 3 points against Southampton

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Yet we sit second still.

Our form isn't great, but other than City, no other team is in great form either.
The only reason City are in the position they are in is due to the strength in depth they possess.

We are second.

VivaRonaldo85

The term fish out of water springs to mind when we went top on January 12. Feels like we’ve been rabbits in proverbial headlights ever since, with a manager not accustomed to such a lofty perch sadly.

el3mel

Yet we sit second still.

Our form isn't great, but other than City, no other team is in great form either.
The only reason City are in the position they are in is due to the strength in depth they possess.

We are second.
We were top of the league at the start of this run by 3 points gap away from 2nd, and now 2nd with 14 points away from first spot.

Yeah, I don't feel any pride in being 2nd with this in mind.

AJ Bullet

The two wins against Fulham and Newcastle were a struggle and we only stuffed Southampton because they had a man sent off after 83 seconds.

Top 4 looking slippery at the moment.................

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
We've bottled it.

If the other top 4 contenders weren't bottling it also we'd be contending for europa spots instead of sitting at 2nd place.

kolli

Well, you could argue that we would have won Sheffield, Chelsea, West Brom & Everton games if the refs didn't bottle it...That leaves us in the title race + chances are high you win the Arsenal & Palace games when you're on a high.

Still we don't play well enough

Irwin99

To be fair even before that we were usually winning games by the odd goal, or turning bad performances into come back wins. The fine margins that went for us before (Wolves and Villa games for instance) are now not going our way. I'm not sure you can point to a pivotal moment.

I still think a top 4 finish is very realistic and should be expected but it might be a bit sluggish or a stumble towards it. The international break football could be good thing as there are some tricky games in our last 11 fixtures.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Yet we sit second still.

We are second.
I literally imagined that everything is fine meme when reading this.

El-Manos

Yet we sit second still.

We are second.
Not exactly a winner mentality mate. Our recent performances have been shocking. No excuses.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
We were top of the league at the start of this run by 3 points gap away from 2nd, and now 2nd with 14 points away from first spot.

Yeah, I don't feel any pride in being 2nd with this in mind.
As I said, City are the only team winning consistently, due to having two world class teams to choose from.

We are second ffs, our forms not great right now, yet we still sit second.

el3mel

As I said, City are the only team winning consistently, due to having two world class teams to choose from.

We are second ffs, our forms not great right now, yet we still sit second.
I don't see anything to be proud of when we were leading the table at one point and threw it away by losing to Sheffield at home.

We lost 3 points against the 20th spot in the league, 2 against the 19th, 2 against Everton when we were leading 2-0 at half time and 2 points today. Get these ridiculously easy 9 points and we would have been 5 points away from City with a derby game on.

I can't feel any sense of accomplishment or pride in this 2nd spot with these in mind. We had a chance to challenge for the title with the rest of the league and we completely threw it away. Would have looked better if we were actually never top of the table to start with.

Banana Republic

Including the Europa League game, the last 3 games have been 0-0 where we haven’t looked like scoring for most of the 90 mins.

Looking at the next 4 fixtures and the fixtures of the clubs below us, by the time we‘ve played Spurs (away - 10th April) and taking into account other team‘s games in hand, we might be struggling to stay in the top 4.

Leicester did us a favour tonight by drawing at Burnley. Good job their recent form has turned to shit as well.

Tyrion

The term fish out of water springs to mind when we went top on January 12. Feels like we’ve been rabbits in proverbial headlights ever since, with a manager not accustomed to such a lofty perch sadly.
The squad isn't that deep either. Bruno seems tired and we don't have any alternative.

croadyman

We have showed unbelievable arrogance in some really important games and think we got far too big for our boots when we went top of the league which is totally unforgivable in my eyes

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Kinda reminds me of the form we had after that night in Paris. It just turned to shit in the blink of an eye. I think when all was said and done we went 7 wins in 27 games. It was shocking stuff.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
League is a shambles City excepted, everyone seems to have forgotten how to play football. I'm always delighted to give credit to Ole where it's due but we're on a horrible run of form, just horrible. Who's going to get us out of it? There's not many candidates spring to mind, is there?

croadyman

League is a shambles City excepted, everyone seems to have forgotten how to play football. I'm always delighted to give credit to Ole where it's due but we're on a horrible run of form, just horrible. Who's going to get us out of it? There's not many candidates spring to mind, is there?
Yeah I wouldn't be averse to us making a change provided that the next manager doesn't feel the need to rip up everything and we have to start yet another reset, we need to find someone that is capable of making the transition smooth and also has a plan B because it's so clear that Ole doesn't have one that's for sure

acnumber9

Yet we sit second still.

We are second.
Other teams are slightly more shit so it’s ok? It isn’t.

Idxomer

I don't think it has much to do with mentality, the fine margins that got us top aren't just there at the moment. See Rashford deflected goal vs Wolves, Pogba's penalty vs Villa, his deflected goal vs Burnley, and so on.

The performances from before going top and now aren't much different.

Greck

At one point we had an unsustainable run of results of mediocre performances covered by Bruno magic and penalties. The latter has disappeared thanks to Klopp's moaning. Our own manager dismissing our title chances didn't help either. The squad took their foot off the gas hard. Just win the FA cup or Europa cup and let the season end

Crustanoid

Mental and physical fatigue.

Crazy season and the only team above us are the most financially doped team in history.

Id love to see what this team could do witha proper rest and pre season, plus a competent CEO who brings in realistic signings, spending sums befitting of our turnover early in the Summer, to mix in with the current squad.

Sadly that won’t happen

Greck

Mental and physical fatigue.

Crazy season and the only team above us are the most financially doped team in history.

Id love to see what this team could do witha proper rest and pre season, plus a competent CEO who brings in realistic signings, spending sums befitting of our turnover early in the Summer, to mix in with the current squad.

Sadly that won’t happen
This again? After tonight I'd love to see what we could do with competent coaching. Massive gut punch the last few weeks

passing-wind

I said time and time again this season echoes the season we finished second under Mourinho. Good position in the league but terrible form and performances to accommodate it. Eventually it will cause the team regression because it's not sustainable.

copen1945

Only a historic run of wins is keeping United from the top. Solskjaer deserves trust and support. Sadly, being responsible would mean the required support won't be forthcoming.

Dominos

I don't think it has much to do with mentality, the fine margins that got us top aren't just there at the moment. See Rashford deflected goal vs Wolves, Pogba's penalty vs Villa, his deflected goal vs Burnley, and so on.

The performances from before going top and now aren't much different.
Absolutely correct.

I'm convinced most on here don't actually watch the games and just decide if we played well based on whether we won or not. If you mentioned the poor performances during that winning run you'd get shouted down. A lot of fans actually convinced themselves we played really well against Burnley, Fulham and Wolves.

Crustanoid

This again? After tonight I'd love to see what we could do with competent coaching. Massive gut punch the last few weeks
We haven’t had it yet. Really not saying our current coaching team are the answer. We’ve seen some good periods this season but it’s still not enough.

wolvored

Well, you could argue that we would have won Sheffield, Chelsea, West Brom & Everton games if the refs didn't bottle it...That leaves us in the title race + chances are high you win the Arsenal & Palace games when you're on a high.

Still we don't play well enough
And if your granny had been your grandad ..... all ifs. If Brighton hadnt have hit the post 5 times we would have lost. If Hendersons clearance had have been correctly called out when we scored the first we might not have won. You can call it both ways.