United's Greatest Captain?

Saddy

Nothing between Robson and Keane having watched both in my time.

Keane won more trophies but had much better players around him - Robson had inferior team mates and would have won the same as Keane did it his teams.

Honourable draw - highlights Robson (Barcelona) and Keane (Juventus) if anyone wants 2 matches to showcase how to captain a football team !

iaen

Nothing between Robson and Keane having watched both in my time.

Keane won more trophies but had much better players around him - Robson had inferior team mates and would have won the same as Keane did it his teams.

Honourable draw - highlights Robson (Barcelona) and Keane (Juventus) if anyone wants 2 matches to showcase how to captain a football team !
I remember both matches, it's a personal choice with no rights and wrongs. We all have our favourite captain and that should be celebrated.

Irwin99

Not sure it's massively comparable to the old Robbo story about sticking up for Giggs but I watched the FA cup semi final from 2004 a few weeks back and there was an incident in the game where Pires slapped Gary Neville in the face (and very deliberately). Anyway a few minutes later there was a bouncing ball between Pires and Keane and Roy kicked him really high on the thigh and had him rolling round the pitch :lol: These days both incidents would probably be a sending off but I think Roy was just looking out for his mate.

Green_Red

I have a question for people who select Keane above Robson.
How many of you actually saw Robson playing for United in the era of Big Ron? Not as a kid who may not understand much but at least as an adult. Not in highlights or videos or TV. Live.
I think a lot of people camt separate the argument of who was the better player and who was the better captain. Robson the player was a better player than Keane. Keane was a better captain.

If you were picking a team against me, say hypothetically, there are 22 former United players in front of us and we're picking teams and Keane and Robson are the two of the players. Who would you pick first?