United Away Record | We've not won anything yet, waaaaaaah

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Does this explain why Liverpool have been rotten all season?
In fairness they actually started off pretty decently, they were even top for a while so they clearly aren't allowed to use that excuse :D

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wolves are terrible but it'd be bloody typical if we lost to them. That said I think our away form is enough to scare anyone at this point.
Our record against them is horrible. I think Leeds & Villa are easy wins. The way they play is perfect for us. They actually try to play football. Wolves are anti football garbage, I hate playing them.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Yeah but that's Spurs. I imagine Chelsea and City have done quite a few doubles over us in their eras of dominance. And in Moyes's season probably all big teams must have done so.
Liverpool, Everton and City did the double over us in the moyes season. So three in the worst year of the past 30 years.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Even if we should get the record there will always be an asterisk to it due to Covid - and rightly so. In regular seasons the there are upwards to 50% more home wins than away wins. This season has actually seen more away wins than home wins, so the effect of no fans is very clearly seen.

That's not to take anything away from the performances. You can only beat what's in front of you and a prolonged unbeaten streak is of course always a good sign.
I agree. Playing away with no hostile fans is totally different. However, it's still a very good streak and admirable. Let's give a lot of credit to Ole.

lysglimt

Scout
You often come trying to wind up basically any fanbase on this forum who'll give you the time of day, imagine how well you could wind everyone up if you actually learned how to read, you'd be unstoppable!
You mean invincinble ?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Out of interest it is a big deal for a club like United? Would you happen to know statistics around how many teams tend to do a double over us every season?
Don’t know the complete list but I remember Arsenal and West Ham doing the double over us in 2006/07, City in 2008 (and 2012), Liverpool in 2009, Chelsea in one of the Ancelotti and first time Mourinho seasons, etc.

Godfather

Everyday I learn something new. Wasn't aware the "Invincibles" moniker is refering to an away record.
Still amazed your username hasn't been changed yet. The English term can't even be posted here without turning to a "feck"

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Going unbeaten for such a period is a great achievement, but we've actually only won four of our last ten leagues matches away from home. That's a big part of why we aren't challenging City for the league title.

Going undefeated is one of those things that is a bit overrated, especially when it is 3 points for a win. A win and a loss is better than two draws. Conceding a goal to slip from a win to a draw costs more points than conceding to slip from a draw to a loss. United would be a in a better place if they converted those six draws into three wins and three losses, and would still be level pegging if they had only won twice and lost the other four.

Worth pointing out that City (28 points), Everton (21 points), Liverpool (20 points) and Leicester (19 points) have all gained ground on us in their last 10 away games. Even Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham (17 points) have only gained one fewer than our 18 points.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Interesting snippet from Ole in the presser when asked about our home vs away form. He said some of the players had flagged that they have been finding it more difficult to pick out red shirts in their peripheral vision due to the red banners that now cover the empty seats. Says it will be changed
But don't most of the fans wear red in the stands as well? I don't know if that makes such a difference.

But glad we caught it early, this is going to compound into the rest of the season's home form otherwise.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Our record against them is horrible. I think Leeds & Villa are easy wins. The way they play is perfect for us. They actually try to play football. Wolves are anti football garbage, I hate playing them.
They haven't actually beat us since 2019 which is a small positive, think our record is 2W and 4D since then though, which says it all about how exciting those games are :lol: their football really is ghastly.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
They haven't actually beat us since 2019 which is a small positive, think our record is 2W and 4D since then though, which says it all about how exciting those games are :lol: their football really is ghastly.
Those 2 are 1-0 wins too, one in the last min. Haye watching us play vs Wolves, terrible games

rotherham_red

Ole doesn’t get anywhere near the respect he should from some, the media included. He’s got us right back up there again and breaking records. Yet if you read the press he’s usually lumped in with the likes of Arteta and Lampard, and seemingly always one defeat away from “mounting pressure”.
One look at the Twitter feeds of most journalists and you'll find he's held in much, much lower esteem than even those two. Miguel Delaney still thinks our progress has been limited, and thinks Arteta is a better coach and manager to this day.

I'll never understand it. Arsenal should be in the midst of a good run right now, if we're going to take Ole's reign with a similarly resourced squad as the barometer. Odegaard should be his Bruno. Why isn't that happening?

rotherham_red

Those 2 are 1-0 wins too, one in the last min. Haye watching us play vs Wolves, terrible games
Yep. They seem like they are our kryptonite, but thankfully we likely won't have anything riding on that particular game so there's zero pressure and the lads can play their natural game.

Threesus

One look at the Twitter feeds of most journalists and you'll find he's held in much, much lower esteem than even those two. Miguel Delaney still thinks our progress has been limited, and thinks Arteta is a better coach and manager to this day.

I'll never understand it. Arsenal should be in the midst of a good run right now, if we're going to take Ole's reign with a similarly resourced squad as the barometer. Odegaard should be his Bruno. Why isn't that happening?
‘Cos we are Manchester United. Didn’t Ole say that under SAF, even coming second was a massive failure? If we want to get back to where we were one of these days, standards should not be lowered. The criticism is sometimes too harsh, but it just comes from expectations. We should be comparing ourselves with the likes of Bayern, Real and Barcelona, not Arsenal.

roonster09

Scout
Yep. They seem like they are our kryptonite, but thankfully we likely won't have anything riding on that particular game so there's zero pressure and the lads can play their natural game.
Yeah, it's like watching our games vs Villarreal. Borefest.

Threesus

Why is a member of the BRPA posting here? We have had few things to be positive about since SAF left. Leave this thread, man.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Why is a member of the BRPA posting here? We have had few things to be positive about since SAF left. Leave this thread, man.
I understand. I assume you mean me even if I don't feel adressed by the acronym. I'll delete all my previous posts and just end by saying: congrats, seriously well done.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
‘Cos we are Manchester United. Didn’t Ole say that under SAF, even coming second was a massive failure? If we want to get back to where we were one of these days, standards should not be lowered. The criticism is sometimes too harsh, but it just comes from expectations. We should be comparing ourselves with the likes of Bayern, Real and Barcelona, not Arsenal.
It's really hard to expect the manager to turn this team into Bayern & Real if he's not backed to improve his starting XI.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I think classing the likes of Delaney and Ogden as journalists is very generous. Agenda pushing shite hawks would be my personal term for them.

BorisManUtd

Don’t know the complete list but I remember Arsenal and West Ham doing the double over us in 2006/07, City in 2008 (and 2012), Liverpool in 2009, Chelsea in one of the Ancelotti and first time Mourinho seasons, etc.
City in 2018/19 season as well, Swansea in 2014/15 season..

Edit: Blackburn in 2005/06, Liverpool and Arsenal in 2001/02, Liverpool in 00/01, Arsenal in 97/98, Chelsea 93/94.

So Liverpool and City done it 4 times, Arsenal and Chelsea 3. Blackburn, West Ham, Everton and Swansea once. Maybe I missed some.

Last edited:
Reactions: Invictus

SoCross

Why would you do this ! Why! Watch us lose now, thanks a bunch.

roonster09

Scout

Ogden is bitter fool as he is irrelevant since Moyes was sacked, Delaney shouldn't be considered as journalist at all. He makes lot of posters on match day thread look sane.

There there are journalists like Jack Pitt Brooke who covers Spurs for Athletic coming up with nonsense like Ole was never relevant.

rotherham_red

The thing is, just as we're Manchester United, they are fecking Arsenal - the third biggest club in England, and that's an indisputable fact.

They finished ahead of us in 2018/2019. They bought more players for both their squad and their first team since then in both the ensuing transfer windows than Ole did. Sure, they might have not spent as much as we did, but then they didn't let go of as much of their squad as we did either, and no matter how tough it's been, they should not be below Everton, Leicester and West Ham. I'm sorry, there's just no excusing it. Ole got pelters for having us where we were last season despite there being clear grounds for mitigation with the injuries and poor squad and yet, Arteta gets away with buying unadulterated shit and giving contracts to non-entities like Soares and Mori, or that three-year deal to Willian. They give him credit for playing the youngsters, but he proactively ignored the likes of Smith-Rowe and kept on playing Willian.

Like I said, I could understand the agenda if Arteta was even meeting the most basic of expectations, but he simply isn't.

rotherham_red

Ogden is bitter fool as he is irrelevant since Moyes was sacked, Delaney shouldn't be considered as journalist at all. He makes lot of posters on match day thread look sane.

There there are journalists like Jack Pitt Brooke who covers Spurs for Athletic coming up with nonsense like Ole was never relevant.

Mate, you're preaching to the converted :lol:

I pulled up Delaney yesterday on an old tweet of his saying he would gladly admit he was wrong on Ole if we finished 2nd. Well, 7 games away and it seems likely that we will be finishing 2nd but I've had no response and funnily enough he hasn't really been speaking on Ole since the turn of the year... The cumstain.

ChaddyP

People still believe in jinxes ? I bet some of you lot still put teeth under your pillow

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Liverpool, Everton and City did the double over us in the moyes season. So three in the worst year of the past 30 years.
Swansea under LvG, maybe Chelsea or city under jose. Can't remember any from last year-maybe arsenal?