United Away Record | We've not won anything yet, waaaaaaah

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Proud of the team but I don't think it should be counted vs past away records with no fans in the stands. I love they how they are picking up points away, but it's obviously not as hard this season.
If it's so easy, how come every team isn't doing the same then for bloody hell's sake?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can't we have one positive thread without it being invaded by the hordes of miserable cnuts?
Some of our fans are truly utter wastes of space.

If it's such a non achievement, why are we the only team even close to doing it this season?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Really? Then why not mention it in the OP, saying that the thread is extremely subjective and deeper looks at the context and the points earned/dropped during this "almost record" are of no importance. The invincibles won the league that season against Utd managed by SAF, while us even when looking through your extremely rose tinted glasses, have visually crumbled under pressure by losing our lead and dropping significantly behind in 4 weeks time. To me this "almost record" means sweet fook all. I still am not sure if we are going to finish second in the prem or win EL. Now I am calling you a deluded cnut. Hope you like it.
The "Invincibles" lost in 3 different cup competitions.
Hardly invincible really were they.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

If it's such a non achievement, why are we the only team even close to doing it this season?
No you don't understand. We aren't the best team in the world. Therefore it's all meaningless. God forbid we look at progression with anything but scolding hatred.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Don’t write it off like that, nobody else has done it if it’s that easy
It's been done by two teams since 1888. I want absolutely no diminishing comments, asterix or the usual negative nancies if we pull this one through.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Really? Then why not mention it in the OP, saying that the thread is extremely subjective and deeper looks at the context and the points earned/dropped during this "almost record" are of no importance. The invincibles won the league that season against Utd managed by SAF, while us even when looking through your extremely rose tinted glasses, have visually crumbled under pressure by losing our lead and dropping significantly behind in 4 weeks time. To me this "almost record" means sweet fook all. I still am not sure if we are going to finish second in the prem or win EL. Now I am calling you a deluded cnut. Hope you like it.
I fire people with your mindset.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No you don't understand. We aren't the best team in the world. Therefore it's all meaningless. God forbid we look at progression with anything but scolding hatred.
Just hope we don't bungle 2nd as people will refuse to see we've progressed it we came 3rd :)

always_hoping

Some of those individuals need to look up on the definition of 'supporter'

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Liar!

CallyRed

:lol: :lol:

theklr

1. this is a jinx thread if I ever saw one

2. who tf cares about away record? :/

FatTails

Pointless record when the matches are played in empty stadiums, also not a comparable to previous records for the same reason.
Wouldn’t that apply to any trophy or achievement this season? It’s being played under very different circumstances.

Counterfactual

Wouldn’t that apply to any trophy or achievement this season? It’s being played under very different circumstances.
No. Winning the league means playing half your games at home and half away, so any home/away (dis)advantage is cancelled out.

This "unbeaten away trophy" is only about not losing away, which is easier than in previous seasons due to a lack of fans.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
To some point it might maybe, but the home and away records in particular really can't be compared to years when we had fans in the stadiums, its just common sense and the reasons are obvious.

Ananke

If it's so easy, how come every team isn't doing the same then for bloody hell's sake?
There’s always a Debbie downer, glass half empty, energy vampire ready to pounce.

Brilliant record so far by the way. Loving it!

arthurka

Can't we have one positive thread without it being invaded by the hordes of miserable cnuts?
No the Ole out, everything is shit won't allow it. This team is grinding out results and showing a bit of grit while doing it. This is a great achievement.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
What's with all the polarised responses.

Yes, our away record is a laudable achievement and it should be highlighted.

However it should also be contextualised with the fact that we've had no fans in both home and away games in what has been a rather unprecedented time in football.

Why can't we just leave it at that instead of either attacking the record or heralding it as a supreme achievement?

tenpoless

Shaw,in his post Leeds interview, more or less confirmed nobody gives a feck about this record within the club.
Arsenal fans have been going on about it for years and years. Time to end the madness "hurrrrr durrrrr we had the invicibles unbeaten for X games hehehe".

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
No. Winning the league means playing half your games at home and half away, so any home/away (dis)advantage is cancelled out.

This "unbeaten away trophy" is only about not losing away, which is easier than in previous seasons due to a lack of fans.
Is it easier? Who else is unbeaten?

CG1010

Until the time we win a PL, every discussion has to be a unshaped lump of constant moaning, self-loathing while praising our opponents and rage at different people.

Water Melon

The "Invincibles" lost in 3 different cup competitions.
Hardly invincible really were they.
Agreed. Never considered them to be the invincibles. However, they won the prem against SAF's United which is remarkable. My whole point was that when it comes to Manchester United, it does not really matter what your run/record is unless it gets you trophies. The reason I reacted like this is that some people post on here and think that everyone needs to agree with them on certain topics without looking into context. They also call posters who dare to oppose their views cnuts. Just wanted to make sure they taste their own medicine.

Red_Aaron

It's definitely been harder this year

Just imagine if there were fans in the stadium urging the home team on to throw everything at us in the dying stages

We'd easily hit them on the break and take all 3pts

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
1. this is a jinx thread if I ever saw one

2. who tf cares about away record? :/
I care strongly about us not losing games, so that goes hand in hand.

The trophies is what matters, but I guarantee you the players will think its a cool thing to have done when they look back.

wolvored

It's a nice achievement to have, especially if we can keep it going till the end of the season, but I would have swapped it for a trophy.

ReddBalls

Until the time we win a PL, every discussion has to be a unshaped lump of constant moaning, self-loathing while praising our opponents and rage at different people.
They'll find something to moan about then too.