United Away Record | We've not won anything yet, waaaaaaah

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
With fewer draws than them as well. Don't think enough attention has been on this. Incredible record and something to build on. Leeds, Villa and Wolves to play for the remaining games.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
With fewer draws than them as well. Don't think enough attention has been on this. Incredible record and something to build on. Leeds, Villa and Wolves to play for the remaining games.

And it's fair to say we could/should have beaten Leicester, Palace and WBA... probably Liverpool too.

We're going to lose to Leeds now ffs
Also this.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Leeds, Villa and Wolves remain. Definitely slipping to Wolves.
Wolves are terrible but it'd be bloody typical if we lost to them. That said I think our away form is enough to scare anyone at this point.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Also worth noting that no team will do the double over us this season (for the second season in a row too).

Dr. Mowinckel

Even if we should get the record there will always be an asterisk to it due to Covid - and rightly so. In regular seasons the there are upwards to 50% more home wins than away wins. This season has actually seen more away wins than home wins, so the effect of no fans is very clearly seen.

That's not to take anything away from the performances. You can only beat what's in front of you and a prolonged unbeaten streak is of course always a good sign.

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If we don't achieve it, I'll accept my ban on Redcafe until next season's player performance threads.
Haha. The adequate punishment should be only doing the performance threads for the fringe players :D

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
To become title contenders, we need to be spotless at home.

CG1010

Also worth noting that no team will do the double over us this season (for the second season in a row too).
Out of interest it is a big deal for a club like United? Would you happen to know statistics around how many teams tend to do a double over us every season?

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Out of interest it is a big deal for a club like United? Would you happen to know statistics around how many teams tend to do a double over us every season?
Not really, just a small quirk more then anything I'd say.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Everyday I learn something new. Wasn't aware the "Invincibles" moniker is refering to an away record.
It was referring to the unbeaten season, not just the away record.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Ole doesn’t get anywhere near the respect he should from some, the media included. He’s got us right back up there again and breaking records. Yet if you read the press he’s usually lumped in with the likes of Arteta and Lampard, and seemingly always one defeat away from “mounting pressure”.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Everyday I learn something new. Wasn't aware the "Invincibles" moniker is refering to an away record.
You often come trying to wind up basically any fanbase on this forum who'll give you the time of day, imagine how well you could wind everyone up if you actually learned how to read, you'd be unstoppable!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You often come trying to wind up basically any fanbase on this forum who'll give you the time of day, imagine how well you could wind everyone up if you actually learned how to read, you'd be unstoppable!
:lol:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Very rarely. Spurs for eg haven't done the league double over us in 30 years iirc. Probably an average of one or two a year during the PL years.

CG1010

Very rarely. Spurs for eg haven't done the league double over us in 30 years iirc. Probably an average of one or two a year during the PL years.
Yeah but that's Spurs. I imagine Chelsea and City have done quite a few doubles over us in their eras of dominance. And in Moyes's season probably all big teams must have done so.

The White Pele

Interesting snippet from Ole in the presser when asked about our home vs away form. He said some of the players had flagged that they have been finding it more difficult to pick out red shirts in their peripheral vision due to the red banners that now cover the empty seats. Says it will be changed

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
We're also only one comeback win away from equalling the record set by Newcastle (10).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Interesting snippet from Ole in the presser when asked about our home vs away form. He said some of the players had flagged that they have been finding it more difficult to pick out red shirts in their peripheral vision due to the red banners that now cover the empty seats. Says it will be changed
Does make sense to be fair, OT is literally red all over. Then again our home record wasn't exactly great with home fans still there, so i'm not sure it's the whole reason, but definitely a valid reason. Peripheral vision in football is very important.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Only took them almost the whole season to realise this? What the actual feck

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Didn't Arsenal go unbeaten away in the 01/02 season aswell?

Withnail

They might have said something earlier ffs :lol:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Bring back the invisible grey away jerseys!

tomaldinho1

Thanks for flagging asap guys, good to catch this early.

TheReligion

Abusive
Does this explain why Liverpool have been rotten all season?