United's Next No. 7

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I was thinking about this but didn't expect it to be happening anytime soon... not until the revelations from today.

So who will be wearing the iconic shirt next? Are there any potential candidates or do you have any preferences?

Irwin99

No one for the time being. Leave it for a player to earn.

Giggs' right foot

As a meme give it to someone funny. Like Tom Heaton. I'd like that.

You can even do a promotional video on twitter where the text goes "Next season's number 7" and add seven fire emojis because young. The video can start with a shot from behind of Heaton's two feet, solidly planted in the grass, with a Ronaldo-esque-fk-stance.

Then slowly panning up to the back of the shirt with number seven, but cut it before it reaches Heaton's name because suspense. While this is going on we hear a cacophony of sound bites from various commentator outbursts after great goals - of course none of them originating from anything Heaton-related.

In the end the light is turned on and we see Heaton in his Ronaldo-stance but about to take a goalkick for the Under 23s.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I was thinking about this but didn't expect it to be happening anytime soon... not until the revelations from today.

So who will be wearing the iconic shirt next? Are there any potential candidates or do you have any preferences?
The whole 'number 7' aura is a thing of the past.
This organisation has football at the end of its priority list and no longer has the draw of a big team. Gone are the days when playing United for was a dream for players

So it doesn't matter

Water Melon

As a meme give it to someone funny. Like Tom Heaton. I'd like that.

You can even do a promotional video on twitter where the text goes "Next season's number 7" and add seven fire emojis because young. The video can start with a shot from behind of Heaton's two feet, solidly planted in the grass, with a Ronaldo-esque-fk-stance.

Then slowly panning up to the back of the shirt with number seven, but cut it before it reaches Heaton's name because suspense. While this is going on we hear a cacophony of sound bites from various commentator outbursts after great goals - of course none of them originating from anything Heaton-related.

In the end the light is turned on and we see Heaton in his Ronaldo-stance but about to take a goalkick for the Under 23s.
You are quite hilarious and cruel at the same time.

copen1945

My guess is that Jadon has the number 7 in his contract. So, when and if available, he will take it.

Newtonius

Sancho obviously, its purpose built for a talented young player. "Yeah but he doesn't deserve it" neither did Maguire with the captaincy yet here we are the squad is a joke at least this is only a symbolic number.