Uniteds Poor Performances this Season

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Despite the fact that everybody is quick to jump on Ole, the consistent themes through our rubbish games this season are Matic, Mata, Lingard, Fred and Perreira.

That's 5 "Senior" players who were expected to be leaders on the pitch this season and make up for the fact we have a depleted sqaud.

None of those 5 have played a game where they would be considered anywhere near top half of the premier league quality.

Have a crack at Ole all you want but when you have 5 senior players serving up the shit they have, you will never get results.

I wont take a shot at Rashford because he's 21 years old and should not be relied on to lead the line for Manchester United.

el3mel

He's the one picking the players up as far as I'm concerned.

el3mel

Picking players on a rotational basis so that the half decent players we do have are not incurring injuries through the tail end of the season.
Lingard plays regularly regardless of injuries. Pereira the same. Mata also constantly features as a sub or starter. Only Fred and Matic don't play much.

If the seniors are that shite he could bench them for academy players.

diarm

De Gea
AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
McTominay Fred
James Pogba Martial
Rashford

Romero, Dalot, Tuanzebe, Young, Pereira, Gomes, Greenwood
Get everyone fit and lets give this matchday 18 a run of games together. When there are injuries, promote from the bench and bring subs in from the underperforming players outside these 18.

In January, look to sign a goalscorer and a better left back replacement than Young. In the summer, we need to find a better midfield replacement than Pereira and some world class attacking quality.

Jones, Rojo, Matic, Mata and Lingard should be break glass in case of an emergency options at this stage.

Sylar

I hate that we play 4231 (or try to play that) but then dont actually have players to play that formation and end up with about 3 or more people out of postion.
Whereas when we go for a 433, it seems to suit players and has most of them at their strength. And this might be my mind bias, but it seemed like we had more of the ball and created more once Scott McT came on and we had a midfield three of him, Matic and Fred.

Also I swear most of the best performances post Fergie has been with a three man midfield. Didnt we beat PSG playing a 352 type hybrid? Oh well.

always_hoping

I don't think many expected Mata or Matic to leaders on the pitch when they are basically finished at this level. Fred is still failing to throw away the expensive flop tag and Lingard is still acting like he's a teen and has no leadership qualities. Pererira a squad player at best thrown into the starting line up because of injuries.

Problem with Rashford (22 at the end of this month) is he thinks he has already made it but has so much to learn yet and someone needs to stop him from taking free kicks.

Denis79

When the transfer window closed the majority of fans felt that we left gaping holes in the squad, you need depth with quality if you plan on being competitive. I still believe that Ole was blindsided by the board, there is no way that he thought this squad was good enough or that we didn't need to replace some of the players that left. During pre-season he was adamant that any players leaving would be replaced, they weren't and here we are standing in the huge pile of shit our board conjured.

Again we have turned on the manager when a fecking monkey is running the show from the trapeze.

Irwin99

Despite the fact that everybody is quick to jump on Ole, the consistent themes through our rubbish games this season are Matic, Mata, Lingard, Fred and Perreira.

That's 5 "Senior" players who were expected to be leaders on the pitch this season and make up for the fact we have a depleted sqaud.

None of those 5 have played a game where they would be considered anywhere near top half of the premier league quality.

Have a crack at Ole all you want but when you have 5 senior players serving up the shit they have, you will never get results.

I wont take a shot at Rashford because he's 21 years old and should not be relied on to lead the line for Manchester United.
The young players haven't been much better either sadly, not because they're necessarily bad players but because they're too raw, this is way too soon for some of them and the pressure on them is actually unfair. I'm not Ole out but IF this was his idea to go into this season with this squad and have aspirations of winning trophies and finishing top 4 (which he did say were the season aims in the summer) then he's just as clueless as the owners. I suspect however that our failure to get any real attacking quality in the side is down to the incompetent Woodward/glazernomics and Ole is just trying to instil positivity and confidence in what he has.

I don't want another manager in before the end of the season because I don't believe any manager could sort this out. I would however like to see some accountability for those who made the following decisions; that it was absolutely fine to go into the new season with a depleted midfield, to keep hold of several number 10s who DON'T create anything, to continue with no right winger for the billionth season in a row, and to rely on 3 young strikers to carry the main burden of goalscorring when two of them have never looked prolific and one of them has only just turned 18. Seriously, the plan was absolutely crazy.

Beans

Supports
Neutral

They were serving it up last season too, it's on the coach and the executives to fill the obvious gaps. You might argue Ole needs more than 1 window, I can get behind that. None of those are his players. But a good coach will get the best out of what they have. This seems to clearly not be happening.

Bojan11

Yeah I wonder who gave Periera and Mata new contracts. Who keeps picking Lingard and playing him as number 10 ahead of Pogba?

Denis79

Yeah I wonder who gave Periera and Mata new contracts. Who keeps picking Lingard and playing him as number 10 ahead of Pogba?
It's becoming clear he's in over his head but explain to me how our board gives a lesser manager (CV), a lesser squad (proven potential) after last years shit-show.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Constant excuses. Pogba has been shit .Rashford has been shit. I can blame individuals when it's a few but if nearly the entire team appears clueless , and the system/collective appears directionless, your manager is not doing his job.

And ours really isn't. I get the feeling he's just hoping individuals bail him out - maybe martial and Shaw when they return, maybe Greenwood will get a goal out nothing. As a manager he's doing feck all and it's becoming a farce now.

mu4c_20le

The problem is that he sees Rashford and Martial as Rooney and Ronaldo. They are talented but not consistent enough to lead the line. If we were scoring more goals we would be in a much better position.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
The board is to be blamed according to some.

Keeps playing Lingard, blame the board.
Keeps playing shite formation, blame the board.
Keeps playing underperformers, blame the board.

The board has to take blame, no doubt. But to absolve Ole from everything is sheer ignorance.

Eddy_JukeZ

It's becoming clear he's in over his head but explain to me how our board gives a lesser manager (CV), a lesser squad (proven potential) after last years shit-show.
Ole himself said he was happy with the squad numerous times.

I think people are trying to invent this idea that Ole wasn't happy with the squad and Woodward screwed him over.

Nothing indicates this. Ole was clearly happy with the squad and didn't feel the need to bring in more players now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
And despite not being good enough himself, Mourinho didn't rate Periera and refused to play him. Ole was the one who managed to consider him a proper first team option and hence even further weaken our options. If he didn't rate him, he should made it clear to the board that this is not a cm in my team. But he didn't feel that way. He wanted to give Periera a chance.

mu4c_20le

I think people are trying to invent this idea that Ole wasn't happy with the squad and Woodward screwed him over.

Nothing indicates this. Ole was clearly happy with the squad and didn't feel the need to bring in more players now.
We had a 100m budget. That's why we took forever to close some deals, we had to sell first.

Denis79

If that's the case he's a complete idiot but I don't believe any manager would think this squad is good enough,. As I wrote before, in pre-season he was adamant that any players leaving would be replaced, he said it several times. Why weren't they? He had a change of heart weeks before the season started? I'm not saying you're wrong but I don't believe that ge was/is happy with the squad.

pseudo_canadian

The most shocking aspect of our play, and others have noted this, is how disjointed we look every single match. There is absolutely zero tactical cohesion. We cannot consistently make simple passes, create space for each other, break between the lines, etc. It’s as if 11 buddies decided to show up and starting kicking the ball around. Expect, it’s Manchester United. That’s absolutely appalling to me. Every single team we play, regardless of their alleged skill, looks far more competent than us. And that isn’t just this season - it’s been going on ever since Fergie left. It’s just this season is as bad as I’ve seen it.

LVG I feel had the best vision and you could tell that we at least had sort of style and way of playing. Jose as well, to a somewhat lesser extent. Other than that? Listless shit week after week, hoping for individual moments of brilliance rather that incisive team play. And I have zero reason to believe it will get better all of the sudden or any time soon. This club is in dire straits.

redshaw

Well it's poor all round, the board, the squad and the manager.

I don't think Mata should've been kept on. He did well for Jose for 2 seasons but 2018 he was poor. Pereira is not a senior player, Fred is Mr aloof. Matic as we saw in preseason is finished, I was hoping less games would've helped but I think he's been overplayed by Jose. Lingard has been Mr zero for along time, I don't expect anything from this boyman.

Ole has inherited some shit, we obviously needed more signings which were very unlikely to happen.

Said it at the start of the season that Ole is on a knife edge and relying on the likes of Rashford Lingard Pereira, Mata will cost him his job. His only chance is Martial comes back scoring and some of the younger players start to play better but he may not get that chance partly through being naive along with the board.

He could've kept Lukaku onside until we got a replacement, he's scored 28 in 66 PL games but snubbed him early on.

Number one priority was replacing Herrera and Matic.

iKnowNothing

Young Rashy, eh ;-)

On a serious note, I think this was something that Mourinho or Keane brought up in the studio a few days ago. They were saying that Rashford though young in age, already has the experience of 4-5 seasons in the PL and therefore brings a ton of experience to the table at 21, so he's not really "young" by youth player standards.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
See. Always Jose fault.

Jose spents 400m 2.5 years and got runner up plus 2 cups.

Ole spents 150 and won feck all
Until the rot that the cnut brought on this club finally goes away, it will be his fault. Wasted three years for 400 million and two tin pots and second place. We talk about lowering standards, atleast Ole wants to bring long term investment to our club, not short term shit to inflate his ego.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Until the rot that the cnut brought on this club finally goes away, it will be his fault. Wasted three years for 400 million and two tin pots and second place. We talk about lowering standards, atleast Ole wants to bring long term investment to our club, not short term shit to inflate his ego.
The irony of lowering the standard

ottosec

If only we had someone whose job was to improve and keep players motivated...

hn4manunited

the rot started before Jose got here. Rotten scouting, recruitment, player selling/acquisition, and player contract management. Jose got us a couple years of boost in attention and a couple of notable achievements. Were those cups the best in the world of football, probably not but not many managers can tout winning those silverware. I can also confidently say Ole wouldn’t have gotten us close to that 2nd in the league finish with that squad. Many of the players that Ole is playing have spanned multiple managers. He’s so far managed to use them worse than the others. Jose didn’t bring on the rot, that’s for certain.