Unpopular opinion: Ronaldo will be a huge miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
That's why people should wait little longer before making threads like this, at least after Ronaldo plays his first game ;)

Never in doubt, he is GOAT

Mickson

People are very outcome-based, it's one game. He will no doubt score for United, as he showed today, but I'm not sure we will be much better for it in the long run. In more difficult games we will probably find it harder and need a better-balanced team. This is the easiest game all season, and in those games, Ronaldo will be a key player.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
What about running stats? He clearly was the reason Newcastle equalised too.

noelyman

1. His wages will stretch the frontier ...Gimme an S

2. Non-existent defensive contributions will impact our shape ...Gimme an I

3. He can’t play with his back at all and do the hold-up as he only operates well in spaces since he’s not your classic #9...Gimme a U

4. In case he’ll be performing poorly Ole will shy away to change him due to his status and ego in order not to upset him, which will hinder our team.

What does it spell? SIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
Fixed your OP :lol:

Acquire Me

1. His wages will stretch the frontier which agents will be able to explore when dealing with us over contract extensions in the future (we have seen this in the past already with Sanchez, Pogba, DDG). See Barca.

2. Non-existent defensive contributions will impact our shape and will put an immense pressure on our midfielders. Everyone could see the difference between Cavani and Martial last season and how it impacts our ability to press effectively from the front.

3. He can’t play with his back at all and do the hold-up as he only operates well in spaces since he’s not your classic #9.

4. In case he’ll be performing poorly Ole will shy away to change him due to his status and ego in order not to upset him, which will hinder our team.

I personally feel he’ll end up being a costly mistake for us (taking away the balance that Cavani brings) and Ole (will ultimately lose the job as a result) when you don’t look through the euphoria lenses. I may be underestimating Ronaldo greatly here but this is my feeling with respect to this transfer, having watched him play these last few seasons where he struggled to influence the games when he’s not scoring penalties or poaching goals are not on.

Can we do a poll on this?
You are having a real mare.

Redfrog

This proves that some people doesn’t know anything and are attention seekers.

Well done Cristiano. Welcome back home.

RetroStu

He still looks clinical and deadly. I honestly dont know how he could be a 'miss' for us, unless we turn so shit as a team that we dont create chances for him.

Redfrog

People are very outcome-based, it's one game. He will no doubt score for United, as he showed today, but I'm not sure we will be much better for it in the long run. In more difficult games we will probably find it harder and need a better-balanced team. This is the easiest game all season, and in those games, Ronaldo will be a key player.
Bring back Martial instead !

Seriously, this are games we have struggled for a long time. Breaking parked busses, but whatever…
To win the league you have to be consistent in lesser games.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
More like dumb opinion.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Fecking clueless

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Here are my worries:

1. When not including PKs, Ronaldo may not score more than 10 goals in a much tougher and rougher league.
2. He might cause locker room trouble because of playing time and wages.
3. We might have him for 3 (or 4) years paying top wages and be afraid to move on from him. Much like Rooney's last 4 or 5 years.
4. Cavani's minutes will be reduced too much and I think Cavani is the better striker in terms of goals and team play.
5. He is too old to win anymore trophies and the last year is proof with Juve and Portugal.

The only thing Ole could do, I think, is rotate Ronaldo and Cavani in the striker role every match. One match Ronaldo starts and Cavani subs in, second match, Cavani starts and Ronaldo subs in, etc... This way they both keep sharp. The 3 sub rule in the EPL, however, makes this untenable. In addition, Ronaldo will be really upset when he does not play an important CL match.

I think we were expertly played by Ronaldo's agent and City. We were not interested in him until it looked like he might be going to City and the United brass decided they could not let that happen. Now we have an old, aging star who could fade really quickly.

However, I am looking forward to his first introduction at Old Trafford. What a spectacle it will be.

Yikes... :nervous:

Biggins

So basically we got the player that we needed in the past 3 years...?

Last edited:

LoneStar

It was stupid to create something like this before a player makes his debut, or a few matches with the club.

It was incredibly stupid to create this when the player is Ronaldo, who's one of the greatest players of all time. I wonder if OP also thinks Messi would struggle on a rainy night in Stoke.

I like that Cavani is constantly pressing and harassing the opposition, but most top strikers don't really do that. They are here to score goals. I am not sure if we can play this lineup against better opposition, but we still have loads of options to choose from.

dcrompton

To be fair, in his second stint Ronaldo still has 1 premier league goal less than Alexis Sanchez scored for us so jury is still out

Last edited:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Only thing dumber than the OP.

Red Star One

We would’ve still won without him and instead of a 46 year old past it player these two goals would’ve been scored by Martial and Greenwood, raising their confidence

Status
Not open for further replies.