Unpopular opinion: Ronaldo will be a huge miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajma

:lol: Relax guys, I want Ronaldo to carry us to the glory again as much as anyone I just can’t help but see many issues with this transfer at the same time.

Crikey nothing. I hope he’s a lot better for us than he showed tonight. We are going to be coming up against the best teams in the works. If he’s going to be in the box waiting for crosses from us, where are the coming from? I can see it being a hype job. It’s just an opinion.I hope I’m wrong. I think Cavani could have offered the same thing
Oh he’s doubling down is Michael Hutchence.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
"Ronaldo doesn't press, we will be weaker defensively"

"Wish we never sold Lukaku" "Lukaku is awesome"

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Can you make a similar thread for the PL or CL? I'll take either one.

bakalhau

Some of you guys always too hung up on Ronaldo's level of football on a moment to moment basis.

I have watched every single game this man has played since 2003, and at this point in this career I'm not watching him for football itself, but for unforgettable *moments*.

And moments like today just pile up every single year, after year, and the guy won't stop.

Another game he drags us out of the mud. It's countless at this time how many times he's done it...

Just relax, and enjoy.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Crikey nothing. I hope he’s a lot better for us than he showed tonight. We are going to be coming up against the best teams in the works. If he’s going to be in the box waiting for crosses from us, where are the coming from? I can see it being a hype job. It’s just an opinion.I hope I’m wrong. I think Cavani could have offered the same thing
Honestly mate, I thought I was a miserable bastard in life….but meeting a United fan who isn’t misty-eyed about Ronaldos return, and who’s worrying that it won’t work…..you’ve made me feel so much better about myself :)

Gandalf

1. His wages will stretch the frontier which agents will be able to explore when dealing with us over contract extensions in the future (we have seen this in the past already with Sanchez, Pogba, DDG). See Barca.

2. Non-existent defensive contributions will impact our shape and will put an immense pressure on our midfielders. Everyone could see the difference between Cavani and Martial last season and how it impacts our ability to press effectively from the front.

3. He can’t play with his back at all and do the hold-up as he only operates well in spaces since he’s not your classic #9.

4. In case he’ll be performing poorly Ole will shy away to change him due to his status and ego in order not to upset him, which will hinder our team.

I personally feel he’ll end up being a costly mistake for us (taking away the balance that Cavani brings) and Ole (will ultimately lose the job as a result) when you don’t look through the euphoria lenses. I may be underestimating Ronaldo greatly here but this is my feeling with respect to this transfer, having watched him play these last few seasons where he struggled to influence the games when he’s not scoring penalties or poaching goals are not on.

Can we do a poll on this?
Should have waited 30 minutes to post this, typical knee jerk nonsense. The best player ever joining us is a mistake, yeah right, go to bed.

RetroStu

Nothing like the smell of a thread backfire because the OP was stupd enough to try and judge a player from one match, 60mins of one match.

If Ronaldo gets chances, he will score tons. Always has been that way, and always will be until he retires.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Honestly mate, I thought I was a miserable bastard in life….but meeting a United fan who isn’t misty-eyed about Ronaldos return, and who’s worrying that it won’t work…..you’ve made me feel so much better about myself :)
Misty eyed? I’m Irish, I would have rathered we held on. I just watched him struggle against a league of Ireland / premier league u23 / championship level team. He got the goals but did nothing for the team in 88 mins. If he’s going to play as a poacher for us he’s going to get marked out of it and kicked out of it more often than the majority seem to think. Also thinking it’s possibly going to change Brunos role for the worse

Misty eyed? I’m Irish, I would have rathered we held on. I just watched him struggle against a league of Ireland / premier league u23 / championship level team. He got the goals but did nothing for the team in 88 mins. If he’s going to play as a poacher for us he’s going to get marked out of it and kicked out of it more often than the majority seem to think. Also thinking it’s possibly going to change Brunos role for the worse
What did Bruno do? How good was Dias?
it’s one fecking match, and he just single handidly won the fecker.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
OP having a mare.
Yup, this hasn't the first thread like this I've seen but at least the other people did it when Ronaldo was signed and not after watching a game of Portugal and base his whole opinion in that single game, which at the end turned to prove the OP wrong. You really have quite a few miserable fans. :lol:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Mate, Bruno was non-existent tonight. Are we writing him off as shite too? Ronaldo was shite and scored twice. How many games have we drawn against lesser opposition in the last few years?

Anyway that’s not the point….Ronaldos signed for us….just enjoy the romanticism if nothing else. If he’s shite you can tag me and I hope it makes you feel happy (because god knows it sounds like you need it).

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Crikey nothing. I hope he’s a lot better for us than he showed tonight. We are going to be coming up against the best teams in the world. If he’s going to be in the box waiting for crosses from us, where are the coming from? I can see it being a hype job. It’s just an opinion.I hope I’m wrong. I think Cavani could have offered the same thing
The crosses were very ordinary, the kind Shaw or Bruno can play with ease. Ronaldo makes them into goals with incredible instincts and an exceptional leap. If all we need to do is put in basic crosses like that, we’re laughing. The idea that “just” scoring the two winning goals in a poor team performance is nothing to write home about is pretty silly…that’s what wins titles.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
1. His wages will stretch the frontier which agents will be able to explore when dealing with us over contract extensions in the future (we have seen this in the past already with Sanchez, Pogba, DDG). See Barca.

2. Non-existent defensive contributions will impact our shape and will put an immense pressure on our midfielders. Everyone could see the difference between Cavani and Martial last season and how it impacts our ability to press effectively from the front.

3. He can’t play with his back at all and do the hold-up as he only operates well in spaces since he’s not your classic #9.

4. In case he’ll be performing poorly Ole will shy away to change him due to his status and ego in order not to upset him, which will hinder our team.

I personally feel he’ll end up being a costly mistake for us (taking away the balance that Cavani brings) and Ole (will ultimately lose the job as a result) when you don’t look through the euphoria lenses. I may be underestimating Ronaldo greatly here but this is my feeling with respect to this transfer, having watched him play these last few seasons where he struggled to influence the games when he’s not scoring penalties or poaching goals are not on.

Can we do a poll on this?

I really dont care about any of the above. This is almost like having Eric Cantona returning to lace up the boots.

I don't care what he does, I only care that he's wearing the jersey and enters the pitch at Old Trafford. Everything else is a bonus.

Longshanks

If we feed him chances he will score, its as simple as that he will also demand a certain level from the players and hopefully drag them up with him. Its also competition in the forward areas meaning if your not delivering you will be out of the team keeping everyone on there toes.

Add on to that the role model effect he can have on greenwood/rashford/sancho which could well be the core of our attacking unit for years to come. There is not many ways he can be a complete miss is he plays and we create chances he will score goals, and at the end of the day goals win you games win enough games you win trophies. CR7 will likely helps us score more goals either directly or indirectly.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
IM OUTRAGED!!!!! HE IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE DEFENSIVE OUTPUT HOW DARE HE SCORE ARGHHH!!!!!!!!!@!@ HE SHOULD HAVE CLEARED IT!!!!

Rajma

:lol: In my defense, I’ve said that I don’t see him as #9 and if anything this game has proven it right when he was moved to the left the space opened up for him. That’s why I created a thread yesterday suggesting he can deliver for us by playing off the Cavani rather than being a lone striker as majority on here seem to think

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
What did Bruno do? How good was Dias?
it’s one fecking match, and he just single handidly won the fecker.
They were all poor, that’s fair. He’ll definitely score goals for us I’m just not sure how we will end up playing overall if you get me. I want him to win the league and CL with us and all that but I’ve defo got some PTSD from the last few years:lol:

Mate, Bruno was non-existent tonight. Are we writing him off as shite too? Ronaldo was shite and scored twice. How many games have we drawn against lesser opposition in the last few years?

Anyway that’s not the point….Ronaldos signed for us….just enjoy the romanticism if nothing else. If he’s shite you can tag me and I hope it makes you feel happy (because god knows it sounds like you need it).
I don’t think Bruno and Ronaldo look all that good together any time I’ve watched a full international match. I hope he wins the balon d’or with us and Bruno can stay as influential and productive. Ireland deserved to get something out of this game!

dove

"Huge miss" is a bit OTT. However I think people should be a bit more realistic as he is not gonna score 50 goals a season for us like some people here think he will (would love to be proven wrong). However he will do just fine.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
"Huge miss" is a bit OTT. However I think people should be a bit more realistic as he is not gonna score 50 goals a season for us like some people here think he will (would love to be proven wrong). He will do just fine.
I know. I am only expecting 46 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.