Unpopular Opinion: United and Chelsea can challenge next year

RedIan

we are not ready, Way behind city and Liverpool though Bruno has help us close the gap a little. What happens if he gets a long term injury, we are back to looking very average.

Jibbs

United can if we make three key signings like Sancho, Ndidi / VdB and a CB. Chelsea will need another year.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
All about the signings.
The front 5 are combining really well, and when you have that in place, you have half a chance.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
You said it's far fetched but then said they can ?
There isn't a hope in hell Chelsea can Challenge because they will need 4 new defenders and a goal keeper which they won't get.
United have a slight hope but again I can't see it happening next season because we need more strength and depth
Yeah, but at the same time they are 3rd currently and closer to 2nd place City than City is to Liverpool. I don't know how much money they will get in the transfer window, but there's something about Lampard that screams "a top manager in making". What he has achieved, with the shaky squad he has is impressive, to be fair... If we finish top 4 and they do as well - that's saying something, I think.