unSporting Club de Portugeezers

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
This has to go down as one of the best threads of the year...

The dildo bros might not agree but they can't agree on anything..
It had everything, the dildos, the drama, crazy analogies :lol:

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Who would you say has the greatest potential of this new generation?
Beside the obvious Mou or Jardim, clearly Paulo Fonseca, if you can try to watch Shaktar vs Napoli and you will understand why. :drool:

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I would say that the Portuguese league isn't especially strong but is punching above its financial weight. There is a lot to be proud about at the moment, including persistently good young players, clever scouting/recruitment in the clubs and a recent influx of very promising coaches.
We (not we, the big clubs) decided to sacrifice our league in the name of having 3/4 decent teams in Europe. We are the only top 15 league in Europe who doesn't have a system to divide TV money amongst all teams. The top 3 take 90% of the income, which gives them some competitive seasons in Europe, and they don't have to worry about internal competition.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Fellas, Portuguese football is rotten to the core. You foreign lot have no idea what's going on. Benfica has been robbing the country and nothing is done about it because they have corrupt members in key areas of politics, league association, they even trained referees and promote them to international after 3 or 4 games.
Were you saying the same things 10 or 15 years ago when it was Porto doing all the shady stuff?

This is the problem with portuguese football, it's only a problem when others are beating us in our corruption game. Nobody in the top 3 actually want a fair and clean league.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Were you saying the same things 10 or 15 years ago when it was Porto doing all the shady stuff?

This is the problem with portuguese football, it's only a problem when others are beating us in our corruption game. Nobody in the top 3 actually want a fair and clean league.
This is not the place for such discussions. But by saying that you basically agree that benfica has been doing highly illegal activities in the past years. Is there memory of a worst team winning the league 4 times in a row? I won't mention all the shocking stuff you guys been doing because they are too many.

On the other hand you lot come with those phone calls referring to a match between Porto and the mighty estrela de amadora. A period where we were actually very good and didn't need help from refs to win, especially against such teams. It was also no coincidence that the investigations stopped when the matters got to Lisbon... besides, porto went to a trial and nothing came out of it. Which by itself is a miracle since benfica does as it pleases when it comes to politics and investigations.

In any other European country Benfica would be in the 3rd tier already and let's leave the discussion at that

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
This thread :lol:

Oh, how I miss ricardinho. Still treasure our civil discussions in the threads and by PM.

Chibo de merda não vales nada.

Merecias era levar uns socos na tromba.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
This thread :lol:

Oh, how I miss ricardinho. Still treasure our civil discussions in the threads and by PM.
"Shit shit you're not worth anything. You deserve to be punched in the trunk"
:confused: :lol:

Arruda

Supports
Porto
"Shit shit you're not worth anything. You deserve to be punched in the trunk"
:confused: :lol:
Shit snitch.

When he sent me that I hadn't actually snitched, we were discussing in a thread and mods threadbanned him of their own volition, after he posted a picture of "Emplastro" (a famous Porto fan, you can google image him yourself) and saying it was me. Of course I then showed that PM to Damien and he was perma-banned.

whatwha

Shit snitch.

When he sent me that I hadn't actually snitched, we were discussing in a thread and mods threadbanned him of their own volition, after he posted a picture of "Emplastro" (a famous Porto fan, you can google image him yourself) and saying it was me. Of course I then showed that PM to Damien and he was perma-banned.
So you did snitch, in the end... :p

Arruda

Supports
Porto
Chibo de merda! ;)

Is the forum rule against personal attacks just as strict for private messages as for the threads? Don't know why that surprises me...
I'm not particularly versed in the forum rules, but I supppse so, and it wouldn't make much sense otherwise.

whatwha

I'm not particularly versed in the forum rules, but I supppse so, and it wouldn't make much sense otherwise.
I pity the aggressive rude people, they can't ever rip the shit out of someone and get away with it here ;(

Arruda

Supports
Porto
I pity the aggressive rude people, they can't rip the shit out of someone and get away with it here ;(
I cared little for the agressive rudeness in that PM, he was just a terrible and annoying poster who was constantly goading me in threads (I was the only Porto fan here at the time). I'd like to see him banned, so took the opportunity he gave me when he commited a bannable offence.

whatwha

I cared little for the agressive rudeness in that PM, he was just a terrible and annoying poster who was constantly goading me in threads (I was the only Porto fan here at the time). I'd like to see him banned, so took the opportunity he gave me when he commited a bannable offence.
Fair enough. :)
How does someone from the Azores pick a team?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
This is not the place for such discussions. But by saying that you basically agree that benfica has been doing highly illegal activities in the past years. Is there memory of a worst team winning the league 4 times in a row? I won't mention all the shocking stuff you guys been doing because they are too many.

On the other hand you lot come with those phone calls referring to a match between Porto and the mighty estrela de amadora. A period where we were actually very good and didn't need help from refs to win, especially against such teams. It was also no coincidence that the investigations stopped when the matters got to Lisbon... besides, porto went to a trial and nothing came out of it. Which by itself is a miracle since benfica does as it pleases when it comes to politics and investigations.

In any other European country Benfica would be in the 3rd tier already and let's leave the discussion at that

You just proved my point. Lots of excuses for what Porto did, lots of outrage because Benfica does the same.

And I am not condoning anything, I don't support any of the big 3, so I really don't care who is winning, who is losing or who is cheating. Right now is Benfica and benfiquistas can't seem to find anything wrong with it, a few years ago it was Porto and portistas couldn't (still can't apparentely in your case) see anything wrong with it.

And that was precisely my point.

Arruda

Supports
Porto
Fair enough. :)
How does someone from the Azores pick a team?
You pick one of Benfica, Porto or Sporting. As 95 % of the country does regardless of location. Apart from notorious few exceptions, that's how it works.

I probably picked Porto because almost everyone around me supported Benfica and I always had a devil's advocate personality. My mental hierarchy at the time was "Benfica - Porto - Sporting". So I went for the 2nd best. Same with supporting Prost against Senna, etc.

Benfica's far too populist for my taste. I always sympathized with Sporting, as much as it's possible with a rival.

whatwha

You pick one of Benfica, Porto or Sporting. As 95 % of the country does regardless of location. Apart from notorious few exceptions, that's how it works.

I probably picked Porto because almost everyone around me supported Benfica and I always had a devil's advocate personality. My mental hierarchy at the time was "Benfica - Porto - Sporting". So I went for the 2nd best. Same with supporting Prost against Senna, etc.

Benfica's far too populist for my taste. I always sympathized with Sporting, as much as it's possible with a rival.
And how did you end up on RedCafe? Do you support Utd also?

Arruda

Supports
Porto
And how did you end up on RedCafe? Do you support Utd also?
I just came to brag of Porto's performance against United in 2009 (2-2 at OT).

Ronaldo's Puskas goal two weeks later shut me up but I enjoyed the forum (much because of the general - or newbie general for me) so stayed. Never supported United but came to gain respect and admiration for the club after being here for so long.

AkaAkuma

Timely bump for this thread. I hadn't known about the training ground violence, but the thread title seems pretty apt now.

Stadjer

50 "fans" causing all your best players wanting to leave your club..

Perfect oppurtunity for some of their players to look for a better club or higher wages.

Dost, Patricio, William Caevalho, Gelson Martins and Bruno Fernandez all wanting to leave... those players have quite a high value too.

izec

50 "fans" causing all your best players wanting to leave your club..

Perfect oppurtunity for some of their players to look for a better club or higher wages.

Dost, Patricio, William Caevalho, Gelson Martins and Bruno Fernandez all wanting to leave... those players have quite a high value too.
They could have fetched easily 30-40m for each of the last 3 players. Dost and Patricio another 10-20m for each of them. Sad times for them

Bruno Marques

Supports
Vitória de Setúbal
Wow, this thread. I got a warning for a comment i did in this thread, people were really offended back then. hahahah. still stand by it. :D