Until Dawn, PS4 game.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Cool - think I will try and get this. The missus thinks it looks cool also.

Hitchcocker

I can't be the only one who knew that the killer was going to be the
brother
although I don't quite know how the
clips of the sister could contain the images of her as the 'undead' when projected out.

Also, the
tattoo
was obviously a major point after all the photos propping left, right, and centre in pictures.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I can't be the only one who knew that the killer was going to be the
brother
although I don't quite know how the
clips of the sister could contain the images of her as the 'undead' when projected out.

Also, the
tattoo
was obviously a major point after all the photos propping left, right, and centre in pictures.
I think your first spoiler was meant to be obvious, but it's meant to act like a red herring considering all the other stuff that's going on.

I completed yesterday and I have to say that if they had made two changes then I would have loved the story. First;
the stranger shouldn't have just wandered up to the house to talk to them in their living room. It just felt so unnatural
and I think that
the Wendigo
should have had a more intimidating name and they should have left the spirit stuff out. For a game that tried to keep things vague and creepy for most of it they really screwed up the tone by trying to over explain a lot in the second half.

Ainu

Stumbling through the game like a toddler, I'm wondering if there's some sort of optimal path through it. You know, minimizing death count and everything. It seems like you're sometimes left with no other option than to let a character die, but perhaps if you played it differently you wouldn't end up in that situation at all. The second playthrough will be interesting. That's when you find out how much is real choice and how much is illusion of choice.

Ha, I see the game had me fooled there and I didn't see it coming until it was right in my face. It's going to make the next playthrough a lot less intense, though I guess the real shit is only starting now.

Last edited:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Love it so far! Feels like a movie and honestly I am finding it very scary, even though you know something will happen you still get all the jumps and chills. Still very early into the game but it's been fantastic so far IMO. Apparently these choices really matter and shape up the story.

Then again I thought Heavy Rain was one of the best games of the previous generation so I guess this type of experience suits me.

Sarni

I'll probably complete it this weekend to, provided I have enough time to play. I'm in chapter 4 and I'm finding the game very, very good. It's exactly what I expected it to be and it's executed really well, not much of a game but these choices really affect the plot and it's very tense.

Donut

I finished this game yesterday with a few friends in one go (took us about 8 hours). Everyone loved it.

Would probably have been scarier if I played it alone.

Sarni

I finished this game yesterday with a few friends in one go (took us about 8 hours). Everyone loved it.

Would probably have been scarier if I played it alone.
I'm playing it alone, in a dark room with volume turned up. It's been scary so far, all right.

I like the fact that the story accelerates here without much of your effort. Good change after months of playing Witcher 3 that wasn't particularly difficult but required you to actually play a lot and had a much slower pace obviously due to having a number of stories incorporated. I reckon this will get finished in 8-10 hours but I am going to keep my copy, I will want to play it over again and try different routes. In Heavy Rain I found it pointless because the ending was crucial and it was always going to be very similar, here I imagine there is going to be dozens of different things that affect the story. Apparently even shooting the bird with a snowball early on will have an effect later on.

Donut

I'm playing it alone, in a dark room with volume turned up. It's been scary so far, all right.

I like the fact that the story accelerates here without much of your effort. Good change after months of playing Witcher 3 that wasn't particularly difficult but required you to actually play a lot and had a much slower pace obviously due to having a number of stories incorporated. I reckon this will get finished in 8-10 hours but I am going to keep my copy, I will want to play it over again and try different routes. In Heavy Rain I found it pointless because the ending was crucial and it was always going to be very similar, here I imagine there is going to be dozens of different things that affect the story. Apparently even shooting the bird with a snowball early on will have an effect later on.
I'm still deciding between keeping it or not. I'm not sure if there are that many game altering choices or it's more of an illusion, the main storyline stays the same I think, it's mostly about characters dying or not (pretty big deal agreed :lol: ).

Check out Life is Strange, if you like this kind of story driven games with choices. I liked it even a bit more than Until Dawn, and I think both are better than Telltale games.

Sarni

I'm still deciding between keeping it or not. I'm not sure if there are that many game altering choices or it's more of an illusion, the main storyline stays the same I think, it's mostly about characters dying or not (pretty big deal agreed :lol: ).

Check out Life is Strange, if you like this kind of story driven games with choices. I liked it even a bit more than Until Dawn, and I think both are better than Telltale games.
I will. I intended to buy Life is Strange but have dithered so far because I want all episodes to be out before I grab it. Inevitably I will get it but not before I cut my backlog.

There must be a sex scene for Mike and Jessica to be seen somehow! Are there any sex scenes for females in the whole game?

Ainu

Yeah the main storyline is pretty much set in stone it's just how many characters reach that finish line that you can influence. Certain key scenes can be missed/changed due to characters having died already or taken a different route, but you'll never get a drastically different game. Telltale have proven over and over again that that's an illusion, and logic dictates it as well considering the amount of work a vast number of different permutations would take. And I agree, both this and Life is Strange are superior to anything Telltale has ever done. I even think they have regressed since the first Walking Dead season, or at least failed to further develop their formula.

Sarni

Yeah the main storyline is pretty much set in stone it's just how many characters reach that finish line that you can influence. Certain key scenes can be missed/changed due to characters having died already or taken a different route, but you'll never get a drastically different game. Telltale have proven over and over again that that's an illusion, and logic dictates it as well considering the amount of work a vast number of different permutations would take. And I agree, both this and Life is Strange are superior to anything Telltale has ever done. I even think they have regressed since the first Walking Dead season, or at least failed to further develop their formula.
If that's the case it's probably better to sell it now and play again once it gets significantly cheaper in 3-4 months.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Completed the game today. Enjoyed it, but to be honest, I was a bit disappointed with the 'game changing' decisions.

Rather than it being about making the right decision, due to things you have learnt etc, it was more about luck, picking left or right really...

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
I will. I intended to buy Life is Strange but have dithered so far because I want all episodes to be out before I grab it. Inevitably I will get it but not before I cut my backlog.

There must be a sex scene for Mike and Jessica to be seen somehow! Are there any sex scenes for females in the whole game?
Nope

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Finished this yesterday, saved 4 characters. Had a fun time. Nearly shat my pants a few times

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Started this tonight. Holy shit, the facial animation in it is ridiculously good.

Game is already guaranteed at least an 8/10 for having Abruzzi from Prison Break in it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Just finished it. Late, late GOTY contender for me. Best horror game I've played in ages, probably the best.

Playing at night with headphones gave me some serious shit attacks.

JP77

Finally got round to finishing this just now, such a brilliant game. I'm a huge horror fan but this still got me plenty of times throughout, actually screamed out slightly when finishing it earlier when one of the you know what's popped out like the fecking exorcist girl :lol: it's worst in games because you're more focused trying to play the game itself so it does a great job catching you out from time to time even though I spent the final 4 hours expecting jump scares every ten seconds :lol:

Only two survivors for me, Sam, who I tried to make sure survived from the very start and sadly fecking Chris, who I tried to kill but failed.

I made a few mistakes along the way which led to a few deaths. I knew the moment I chose 'Investigate voice' over 'Rejoin the group' that Ashley was fecked :lol: and I made the mistake of getting Jessica killed, despite it being made clear to stand still around the wendigo's I chose to run instead which I instantly regretted.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just finished this, very enjoyable game.

I managed to do pretty well until I investigated the voice with Ashley and she died. Then I got Josh killed but wasn't really fussed about that. Annoyingly I got Sam killed at the end when apparently I didn't keep my controller still enough, but still saved 5 characters.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian

I managed to do pretty well until I investigated the voice with Ashley and she died. Then I got Josh killed but wasn't really fussed about that. Annoyingly I got Sam killed at the end when apparently I didn't keep my controller still enough, but still saved 5 characters.
The thing that let this game down for me were that in some cases, it wasn't about making the right or wrong choice to keep somebody alive or not, sometimes it was literally left or right while running down a path and that decided the fate of a character

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

You killed Sam!? You monster!

Fridge chutney

I got this game as a gift over the holidays and just finished it.

It was great! And quite terrifying. Interestingly, one of the main voice actors is the guy who won Academy award for best actor playing Freddie Mercury. Can't imagine he would have guessed he'd go from doing this to global superstardom 3 years later.

I will play it again, I already look forward to it. Hopefully I don't kill as many characters second time through.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Sort of different game, but from that PS era, I much preferred Heavy Rain.

As my statement above from when it came out, the decision making leading to living or dying at times just seemed a bit pot luck rather than educated guesses

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Sort of different game, but from that PS era, I much preferred Heavy Rain.

As my statement above from when it came out, the decision making leading to living or dying at times just seemed a bit pot luck rather than educated guesses
No, no, no...

Jassson! JASSSSSSON! JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASON!

It was a pretty shit game, unintentionally funny. Not bad for it's time though.

Ainu

Heavy Rain and Until Dawn are hardly the same PS era. They're on different generations with 5 years between them.