"Up to 11 players now want to leave United after becoming disillusioned with life at the club."

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It's the managers fault. Of course!

Just like it was the previous manager's fault. And the one before that. And the one before that too. And....

Just feck off, the lot of you. I'm fecking sick of these players. Just feck off.
Tbf if we're judging it that way then it can't really be these players' fault either given how few of them were around when the first managerial implosions occurred. And of those that have lasted since the Moyes days, I would hardly think the likes of De Gea, Juan Mata and Phil Jones are chief among those violently spreading poison throughout the dressing room.

It's just what happens when a club is badly run. A lot of things go wrong including bad manager appointments, bad player appointments, bad characters being brought into the club and good characters becoming jaded by what's around them. One mistake drags into another and you get the same negative patterns repeating themselves.

davidmichael

Henderson, Dalot, Bailly, Matic, VDB, Fred, Pereira, Pogba, Lingard, Mata, Chong and Martial can all leave as far as I’m concerned and Cavani is off in the summer anyway so that’s 13 players and I’d imagine that right now Varane and Ronaldo must wonder what the feck they’ve signed up for as the club from top to bottom is toxic as feck.

I’d honestly promote Laird, Mengi, Garner, Mejbri and Shoretire as they’re young and hungry and eager to impress. Bring in hungry players that give 100% every game rather than downing tools when something doesn’t go their way, bring in players with leadership skills as right now we don’t have one single leader in that squad and anyone who doesn’t want to be at the club can feck off completely.

the_cliff

Mata has been linked with a move away.

Henderson
Bailly
Pogba
Lingard
Van de Beek
Cavani
Ronaldo
Martial
Mata

After that I’m really struggling. Maybe Luke Shaw? It would still leave one more though.
Greenwood.

sparx99

Take the Klopp route. Farm them out, replace them with hungry players and start acting like a proper club again, not a creche.

We're miles away from winning anything so pandering to players who have done nothing at the club is pointless.

Problem is, the players have been given an absolute fortune from other managers, so as much as they moan, nobody would have them.
They have a choice then. Stick around on too much money and you can train with the U23’s or leave for a smaller packet. You can’t moan about the atmosphere and lack of opportunities if you won’t leave for less money.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
They should submit transfer requests if they want to go rather than whine to the media.

Well, those who haven’t already been running down their contracts to leave on a free of course - they can just feck-off altogether.

They are the reason the club won’t be in the Champions League next season, nobody else.

Last edited:

saivet

A lot of it is down to Ole for keeping such a bloated squad. RR could have rotated more but there's only so much he can do when taking over mid-season before a transfer window. Hopefully we can clear out some of these players. If you have such a big squad it's only natural that the ones that rarely play begin to get pissed off and unfortunately for us it's been brewing all season.

I can only imagine that some players we naive in thinking they would get opportunities now that Ole has gone only to be further disappointed in their lack of playing time.

He'sRaldo

It's the managers fault. Of course!

Just like it was the previous manager's fault. And the one before that. And the one before that too. And....

Just feck off, the lot of you. I'm fecking sick of these players. Just feck off.
It's the club's fault. Disastrous upper management specifically.

The multiple coaches, players, and fans are all just casualties.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Is this the players trying to justify a revolt against the manager? Good fecking luck finding any sympathy here lads
Who knows, in fairness lots of them should leave for their own good and for the good of the club, the amount of money we have on the periphery of the squad to no advantage is a disgrace. Some of the quotes are silly but who knows the context. Twitter is a mess regarding context.

croadyman

All of this feels odd. Players close to leaving because of the coaching from an interim manager? Seems far fetched.
Remember what Mitten said before thinking its far fetched would be my advice

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Great. Until the ones still under contract realise they'll need to take a massive wage cut.

spiriticon

I would back Rangnick 100% and I don't even know if I like him.

What I do know is that half the squad need to be fecked off to outer space, so if they are making this easy for him than I'm all for it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Mata has been linked with a move away.

Henderson
Bailly
Pogba
Lingard
Van de Beek
Cavani
Ronaldo
Martial
Mata

After that I’m really struggling. Maybe Luke Shaw? It would still leave one more though.
Matic perhaps? He's playing a bit now but might want more gametime elsewhere.

Thing is, not everyone who wants to leave has to be some poisonous character. In a lot of cases it's fair enough and the right call. But when such a large chunk of the squad want to leave then that's its own issue, even if a lot of them are typically decent pros, because they're not invested enough in getting the team back on track. You can't fake that desire if you know you're gone in the summer or even before.

sparx99

This has been coming though. We split the dressing room into ‘stars’ and leftovers.

No matter the results the likely XI for the next game has been:

De Gea

AWB
Lindelof
Maguire
Shaw

McTominay
Fred

Greenwood
Bruno
Rashford

Ronaldo

The XI who would want to leave are always going to be the guys not playing. When they aren’t playing and you are losing it becomes untenable. Fergie was a master at keeping everyone involved and hungry.

Going out early in the Carabao cup is a factor here as well. That’s 2-3 games for the squad players that gives them an opportunity to stake a claim.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Why didnt we just sell lingard in the summer and VDB. Jones and Mata should have gone a long time ago. Pogba wanted to go two years ago. Cavani wanted to go three months ago. Martial wants out.

Why dont we sell them. The problem says to me that the finance people want good money for them. We wanted 30 million for lingard and nobody was willing to pay that much, thus we had to keep an unhappy player.

Its not Rangnicks fault. Its the directors and the top brass who have made the club rotten.

Those 10/11 players should just be let go cheaply enough.

Cloud7

These players deserve to be oppressed. Take your bloated wages and feck off. There’s maybe one or two players at most who will earn the money they earn at United elsewhere. If they want to leave then get rid of them and get players who actually want to be here. The last thing we need right now is players who aren’t all pulling in the same direction.

BuzzKillington

A lot of it is down to Ole for keeping such a bloated squad. RR could have rotated more but there's only so much he can do when taking over mid-season before a transfer window. Hopefully we can clear out some of these players. If you have such a big squad it's only natural that the ones that rarely play begin to get pissed off and unfortunately for us it's been brewing all season.

I can only imagine that some players we naive in thinking they would get opportunities now that Ole has gone only to be further disappointed in their lack of playing time.
Jesus fecking Christ some on here are absolutely determined to blame everything on Ole. How long is this going to go on for.

Do you imagine Ole was keeping these disaffected players here at gun point? The reason most of them are still here is because a) they’re shit b) the only clubs who would take them will not pay them what they are getting here. Im fairly certain you can’t blame Ole for either of those reasons.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Would be fun to hear Old Trafford give an airing to "You're not fit to, you're not fit to, you're not fit to wear the shirt."

crossy1686

career ending
Who blinks first then? Do the board let Ralf clean house or do they get new contracts because they're someone's favourite player upstairs?

Olmer

Looks like there is another virus spreading around aside from COVID-19. I'd call it Lukaku-3.

Paul_Scholes18

What the hell is wrong with our club.

Fight and work hard instead.

They earn a lot of money and not really performing. Doubt they will earn more in another club.

MUFC OK

Let’s play guess the mole

Source is “close” to the squad which suggests it isn’t a player.

Phelan?
This is the thread we need. Jesse Lingard for me, second bet is Henderson. The fact Lingard is close to the English press and keeps posting pics in a West Ham shirt despite knowing that it's boiling piss is quite telling in my opinion.

IrishRedDevil

Show them all the fecking door.

Lingard - out you West Ham supporting leech.
Bailly - sick note. Go be sick somewhere else.
Jones - 1 game in 2 years. Bye.
Mata - has anyone seen him in years?
Matic - sign him into a nursing home.
Henderson - lost his spot and crying like a baby.
Martial - more fight in a newborn baby.

de Beek - don’t blame him for wanting to leave. The rest all deserve a kick in the stones before being pushed out the door.

saivet

Jesus fecking Christ some on here are absolutely determined to blame everything on Ole. How long is this going to go on for.

Do you imagine Ole was keeping these disaffected players here at gun point? The reason most of them are still here is because a) they’re shit b) the only clubs who would take them will not pay them what they are getting here. Im fairly certain you can’t blame Ole for either of those reasons.
Most of the players we know are moaning are those not getting game time were kept on by Ole. He signed VDB. Gave new contracts to Bailly, Martial, Mata and Henderson. It's fair to say his 'cultural reboot' hasn't been very effective at all.

MUFC OK

Clue number 1 - he’s posted a picture of himself wearing another team’s fecking kit!
Clue number 2 - he isn’t getting any game time
Clue number 3 - he’s leaving in six months and couldn’t give a toss what gets out and what doesn’t
Clue number 4 - he’s self centred enough to class himself as a brand
Clue number 5 - it’s been happening for years, so he’s been around through different managers

Difficult one this.
Jackpot. He's showing himself to be a complete cretin.

El-Manos

I hate these players so much. What a farce ! They are getting paid millions and they’re still complaining for doing their feckin job.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
I’ve had enough of the squad and a lot of our fans on social media.

For the last 3 or 4 years all we have heard about it the players and team moan and moan about how they aren’t happy with the standard of coaching or the standard of this or that. The are essentially a mirror image of the rats that run the club, their only interest is their own image in the public eye as individuals and have run the name of the club into the absolute dirt.

These are highly privileged individuals not only in pay but in the chance they were handed to play for an institution such as Manchester United and I’m absolutely sick to the back teeth of hearing about “disappointed players”.

How about disappointed fans who spend their hard earned money to watch you pathetic Cretins drag your arsed around a pitch for 90mins. We look forward to watching our team whether it’s in the stadium or via screen with the expectation that they understand how much it means to us to watch week in week out and follow the team religiously.

Then there is the fan who seems to think thatthe broad strike of luck that Chelsea had with Tuchel is now the absolute standard for a new coach at the top level and unless you come in and play swashbuckling pressing football from day 0 you are a failure. Coaching the team into anew system? Finding out what works/doesn’t? What players can perform on match day or just in training? ABSOLUTELY NOT you must know these things instantaneously and implement years of coaching in 20 mins. It’s absolutely pathetic from our fan base.

Klopp one of the worlds very best managers took at least a year to implement his system as a perm coach, no you couldn’t see what it’s like today within single digit games in charge it took a long time and it worked , but again and again our fans consistently knee jerk and say “nope. Don’t see the difference” NO shit Sherlock it’s also December and the squad has been riddled with COVID Intelligence and context are at an all time low.

We should back Rangnick and I’d sell the absolute lot of them barring a few players.

Rashford, Greenwood, Cavani, Ronaldo, Shaw, Maguire, AWB, Mctominey, Pogba, Martial, Lingard, Mata, Matic, VDB, Henderson can all go.

Then others can go due to lack of quality such as Fred, Telles can also go.

Start from the very beginning with players from the academy and players from around Europe who are young, hungry and ready to learn be humble and put a shift in, stay clear of any “wonder kids” until we are ready with a system engrained into the club and team.

We have the resources and ability to do it and Rangnick is the absolute correct person to lead it.

But will it happen? Absolutely not. The rot continues and we lumber from one embarrassment to another with the next manager unable to work Magic being under pressure within less than 10 games.

Id take relegation to have us rebuild properly.

FireballXL5

feck the lot of them. Let's get some keen young players in who want to be coached how to play fecking football.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Sounds like they had it all too easy under Ole.

I would love a clean slate if it were possible, we desperately need a reset.
This. Thats why they were all so happy under Ole. Nobody had to do anything, no coaching no tactics, smiles all around even after a loss like a class with no teacher, happy smiley times. Now its actually time to work they dont like it.Well they can feck off.