"Up to 11 players now want to leave United after becoming disillusioned with life at the club."

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
This has been coming though. We split the dressing room into ‘stars’ and leftovers.

No matter the results the likely XI for the next game has been:

De Gea

AWB
Lindelof
Maguire
Shaw

McTominay
Fred

Greenwood
Bruno
Rashford

Ronaldo

The XI who would want to leave are always going to be the guys not playing. When they aren’t playing and you are losing it becomes untenable. Fergie was a master at keeping everyone involved and hungry.

Going out early in the Carabao cup is a factor here as well. That’s 2-3 games for the squad players that gives them an opportunity to stake a claim.
Agree. Rangnick isn't here long enough for it to be alienation with him per se. There's just been a permanent tier of second string players with little outlet for gametime this season.

I wouldn't necessarily blame Ole but someone mishandled our squad by leaving it this bloated with players he (and now Rangnick) apparently had little interest in using beyond maybe the Carabao cup games we quickly exited. In some cases you could say there might have been no interested parties but not others. Did Mata need to have his contract extended? Was there really nobody offering decent money for Lingard after his West Ham form? Did VDB's attempt to leave really need to be blocked for the sake of keeping him for the limited minutes he has played? Did signing Ronaldo really make sense while also keeping Martial & Cavani? Was it made clear to the likes of Lingard that he would feature this little even while Solskjaer was publicly talking him up?

Infra-red

Great news. Hopefully they out themselves by signing some sort of 'Rangnick out' petition, so that we have a difinitive list of the lazy, entitled prima donnas.

Rather than selling them though, I'd be in favour of simply throwing the pathetic twats straight in to the sea.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Just a badly run club that Rangnick needs to sort out and be given time, well at least the six months and then into the other position. So many posters said it that when Pogba said he wanted to leave, he should have been let leave and cheaply too. Instead we offered him a 400k a week contract. If it were Ferguson or Pep he would have been gone swiftly.

With the rot is in the top it seeps down through the various elements of your company. The club is a shambles.

Who ever wants to go, let them go.

miked99

Tbf if we're judging it that way then it can't really be these players' fault either given how few of them were around when the first managerial implosions occurred. And of those that have lasted since the Moyes days, I would hardly think the likes of De Gea, Juan Mata and Phil Jones are chief among those violently spreading poison throughout the dressing room.

It's just what happens when a club is badly run. A lot of things go wrong including bad manager appointments, bad player appointments, bad characters being brought into the club and good characters becoming jaded by what's around them. One mistake drags into another and you get the same negative patterns repeating themselves.
You're right, of course. But for me it's more the continual narrative that it's always the manager who is shite for not being able to get the best out of these oh-so talented players. The way that as soon as we lost 5-0 to Liverpool there were all these PR links coming out about how it wasn't the players fault, honest. It really tells you a lot about the character of these players.

I've seen far worse teams than this in my time supporting the club, but you always felt like they were trying even when we were mid-table or worse. Watching the Chelsea v Liverpool game on Sunday and seeing the motivation, intensity and work-rate on display, then going from that to watching us. You can't defend it. The basic requirement is to try. If you can't do that, get fecked.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
It's time that the match going fans start showing their support to the manager and let the players know that they have to play better. This is not acceptable by a group of players that got Ole fired and he gave them everything. They would do the same to any other manager.

He'sRaldo

Interesting how different the mood towards this group of players was a few months ago, when we were comeback kings with a strong mentality.

Now all of a sudden they're all snakes who need to be fecked out of the club.

sparx99

Agree. Rangnick isn't here long enough for it to be alienation with him per se. There's just been a permanent tier of second string players with little outlet for gametime this season.

I wouldn't necessarily blame Ole but someone mishandled our squad by leaving it this bloated with players he (and now Rangnick) apparently had little interest in using beyond maybe the Carabao cup games we quickly exited. In some cases you could say there might have been no interested parties but not others. Did Mata need to have his contract extended? Was there really nobody offering decent money for Lingard after his West Ham form? Did VDB's attempt to leave really need to be blocked for the sake of keeping him for the limited minutes he has played? Did signing Ronaldo really make sense while also keeping Martial & Cavani? Was it made clear to the likes of Lingard that he would feature this little even while Solskjaer was publicly talking him up?
Yeah, there has clearly been a breakdown in trust between squad players and management. Promises made to certain players not being kept etc.

studs

Good, I hope Rangnik personally Pack's their bags and kicks them up the hole on the way out the door.

James35

I would love a lot of players to feck off but with our club overpaying and overpricing them they will mostly be stuck here stinking up the place, unfortunately most I would like to leave will not be going anywhere.

Pogba, Lingard, Cavani will definitely go and I believe Martial and Mata will be also allowed to leave.

I also have a bad feeling that Ronaldo and Bruno will jump ship if we fail to get CL, there is surely a reason Bruno was reported to be in no rush to sign a new deal.

Think we will we keep Donny though just for shits and giggles.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I would love a lot of players to feck off but with our club overpaying and overpricing them they will mostly be stuck here stinking up the place, unfortunately most I would like to leave will not be going anywhere.

Pogba, Lingard, Cavani will definitely go and I believe Martial and Mata will be also leave.

I also have a bad feeling that Ronaldo and Bruno will jump ship if we fail to get CL, there is surely a reason Bruno was reported to be in no rush to sign a new deal.

I did actually laugh.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Bored of it all. There's always fecking something.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Pogba, Lingard, Cavani will definitely go and I believe Martial and Mata will be also leave.

It is kind of weird how the talk of Fernandes and Shaw signing new deals has died since the start of the season.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
When was the last time we were a normal team without some kind of wankery going on by our players?

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
The greatest trick the Glazers ever pulled was turning the fans against the managers and players. Bravo.

ForeverRed1

To be fair to them, they work like dogs, train until 5pm in the dark all the while on measly wages.

some of them have to drive all the way from Manchester to Alderney edge during rush hour these days, what do the club expect?

I can’t imagine how tough it is for them.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I don‘t get the clique stuff. Who are part of which cliques? The only thing I can think of are players who are playing against players who are not or who are undroppable.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
The players listed seems like they were on their way out regardless. However, I now understand why our hierarchy was trying to lure Pochettino mid season despite still being in contract. We need a manager that has great man management ability and coaching as well. Even though Ole had good man management ability, he was an awful coach. Ralf seems like he doesn't have much emotional intelligence. If this rumor is true, which I have doubts about it, I m starting to doubt if Ralf should be giving a hierarchical role at United. But, then again after the last few years, we need someone that will tell it as it is and not let the player have too much control. So, I m conflicted about whether this is good or bad news. It will definitely affect our performance on the pitch so, at the moment it seems like bad news, but long term it might be good news.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
When was the last time we were a normal team without some kind of wankery going on by our players?
We had about 9 months total under Ole where all seemed calm. The start of last year after Spurs it all went bananas. Then went quiet until this year. Under Moyes and LVG there were constant leaks about how unhappy everyone was.

Milo2035

good. Let them go. Fans will always find new players to blame.

Jackal981

Jesus fecking Christ some on here are absolutely determined to blame everything on Ole. How long is this going to go on for.

Do you imagine Ole was keeping these disaffected players here at gun point? The reason most of them are still here is because a) they’re shit b) the only clubs who would take them will not pay them what they are getting here. Im fairly certain you can’t blame Ole for either of those reasons.
This is all on Ole for coddling them the last 3 years. Of course they are happy when he was around, he let them do whatever the feck they wanted. Also he signed and extend almost all these deadwood.

RedCurry

It all sounds like if I was unhappy with my salary I tell my boss that “I have heard a lot of people want to leave because they are not being paid well” when in reality I know maybe one or two other unhappy employees. The disgruntled player likely could be exaggerating.

The word “shambles” is quite British thing to say. And the player is deemed as senior. Knows one or two other friends of his who are leaving in the summer. Without naming any names I get a feeling that a certain soon to be free agent not getting game time to showcase his ability, hence not getting any pre-contract offers in January might have a lot to do with this.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Blame the Glazers for a bunch of lazy divas who don’t want to run on the pitch or crying about training to 5pm? Oh give over, ffs.
Nah, blame them for running the club into the ground ffs. Blame them for taking 2bn out of the club. Blame them for buying the club for £400m and 20 years later having that debt not being reduced.

Everything wrong with this club can be fixed by riding it of these parasites.

Had we had decent owners, we wouldn't be in this shit position we’re in. Owners with fk all football knowledge, who don’t give two fks if we win or lose as long as we pay out that fat juicy cheque every year.

MUFC OK

The pretenders who have been part of numerous regeimes, have consistently under performed, are on bloated contracts not befitting of their ability and who moan to the media must be flushed out of the club ASAP.

The issue being paying them off; they are unhappy but not enough to leave without being paid off.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Interesting how different the mood towards this group of players was a few months ago, when we were comeback kings with a strong mentality.

Now all of a sudden they're all snakes who need to be fecked out of the club.
The “comeback kings” mentality was piss poor too. Starting matches with their head up their arses, getting dominated by teams in the bottom half of the table and only giving 100% when faced with the prospect of a humiliating defeat.

the_cliff

The two camps are pretty obvious I’d say. What I don’t know is are team Ronaldo moaning about Maguire being undroppable or are team Maguire moaning about Ronaldo being undroppable :lol:
I reckon both think the other is the problem. When the truth is they're both problems. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This is the thread we need. Jesse Lingard for me, second bet is Henderson. The fact Lingard is close to the English press and keeps posting pics in a West Ham shirt despite knowing that it's boiling piss is quite telling in my opinion.
Hes such a little arse! He had a chance to go to West Ham this summer and he said no. Then he was all about Ronaldo and Suuuu until it all fell to shit. I can’t wait for these lame social media stars to do one. Jesses a decent player but I never liked him since the West Ham bus thing and that video with Rashford. He seems like a lad who still thinks like a teenager