"Up to 11 players now want to leave United after becoming disillusioned with life at the club."

predator

Youth NITK
Even though he isn’t pulling up trees, Rangnick’s interim period will benefit him in his next role as he’s seeing first hand the absolute state of the club and it’s players. There’s a whole lot of work to be done to rebuild this club.
This is a good point actually which I've never really thought of in depth.

Having someone on the board who's been right in the thick of it and knows the personality of each current player.

Rocknrolla69er

This is a good point actually which I've never really thought of in depth.

Having someone on the board who's been right in the thick of it and knows the personality of each current player.
I thought that's exactly why he's been brought in for the interim role, to see first hand the dressing room and questionable attitudes and mentalitys up close.

Perfect he then goes upstairs and works alongside Murtogh to then proceed to move those identified on. Pretty obvious to me who will be moved on.

Martial
AWB
Pogba
Bailly
Henderson
Lingaard
And possibly Rashford if he doesn't buck his ideas and flouncing about out.

mctrials23

I thought that's exactly why he's been brought in for the interim role, to see first hand the dressing room and questionable attitudes and mentalitys up close.

Perfect he then goes upstairs and works alongside Murtogh to then proceed to move those identified on. Pretty obvious to me who will be moved on.
I think you are giving the club far too much credit. I can't help but feel like they are just paying lip service to Rangnicks role and modernising the club. Like someone who says that they want your honest opinion but when they receive it they don't like it and ignore you.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Rangnick doesn't last long in his role behind the scenes because of the complete mess the club is in from top to bottom. I don't think he will be allowed to do what he wants, I think the high ups will still meddle in the football and I think they will still demand signings that fit their marketing profile over players that gel on the pitch.

I expect Rangnick to be gone within a year and a half from now at most.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
So some overpaid primadonnas who whine and cant cope when things get rough want out; well, we Supporters dont have that luxury and personally Ive no time for anybody with this selfish, whinging attitude, player or supporter! Perhaps if these cry babies tried as hard on the pitch as they do on their social media sites, or in checking their inflated pay checks, we wouldnt be in the position we're in and they might actually find they enjoy the honour and priviledge of playing for Manchester United; but if they want to go, OK; Manchester United will continue without them and hopefully the players who replace them will be better equipped and better adjusted to cope with the pressures of playing for one of the biggest and best Clubs on the planet!
Bravo and well said sir.

TrueRed79

How you start to fix the mess we have in our squad.

Martial > Elanga
Lingard > Shoretire
Mata > Amad
Pogba > Hannibal
Matic > Garner
AWB/Dalot > Laird
Bailly > Mengi
Replace them with young, hungry players with a point to prove. Don't care what anyone says. That's as good a place as any to start fixing the club.

Litch

I think there are many players at lots of clubs that are pissed off at there clubs but the difference is, they don't provide column inches, clicks or interest in general. I'm sure there are many of us who are pissed off in our jobs for many reasons. If I'm honest, I'm not surprised. There are the financial gains from playing for Utd, but when things are great, not sure they'd pay me enough to have to live with that level of negativity. Some of the things wrote about Martial, Harry etc from so called fans is vile.....

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
How you start to fix the mess we have in our squad.

Martial > Elanga
Lingard > Shoretire
Mata > Amad
Pogba > Hannibal
Matic > Garner
AWB/Dalot > Laird
Bailly > Mengi
Replace them with young, hungry players with a point to prove. Don't care what anyone says. That's as good a place as any to start fixing the club.
I'd remove dalot from that list. He's quite decent.

TheRedDevil2019

What's more worrying is that there's players who clearly want out but the board still haven't shifted anyone...

The squad is bloated and given its current size, any manager will have problems managing the squad harmony.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
SO… this is where the Glazers start to hurt. When they are pushing out millions of dollars for transfers everyone says “look, they are willing to spend.” But spending money you think you will get back, or even improve upon is not as big a commitment as people think it is.
Now you have situations like Martial: you need to get him out of the reading room. You are into him for too much. And the Glazers want a loan fee AND full coverage of his absurd wages? They have to know that isn’t warranted. The answer is they are not willing to spend money they won’t get back to pull the club up. I’m American, a Floridian, and I have actually met some of the Glazers before. They are not bad people, but “soccer” is NOT their first love priority. A club like Manchester United deserves to be helmed by someone for whom it is the first, last, and most important thing.
The dead weight needs to go, invest in ALL other areas besides just players needs to go up, there needs to be a director of football whose first and foremost visions is club success, not profit. And all of this is going to require a change in priorities by he Glazers, or a change in ownership. It costs real, unrecoverable money to fix mistakes.

Kellyiom

What's more worrying is that there's players who clearly want out but the board still haven't shifted anyone...

The squad is bloated and given its current size, any manager will have problems managing the squad harmony.
And even when for the really obvious ones like Martial, there's all these conditions and demands, there is no element of compromise so short of hanging on or making a unilateral big financial gesture, the club is stuck.

Kellyiom

SO… this is where the Glazers start to hurt. When they are pushing out millions of dollars for transfers everyone says “look, they are willing to spend.” But spending money you think you will get back, or even improve upon is not as big a commitment as people think it is.
Now you have situations like Martial: you need to get him out of the reading room. You are into him for too much. And the Glazers want a loan fee AND full coverage of his absurd wages? They have to know that isn’t warranted. The answer is they are not willing to spend money they won’t get back to pull the club up. I’m American, a Floridian, and I have actually met some of the Glazers before. They are not bad people, but “soccer” is NOT their first love priority. A club like Manchester United deserves to be helmed by someone for whom it is the first, last, and most important thing.
The dead weight needs to go, invest in ALL other areas besides just players needs to go up, there needs to be a director of football whose first and foremost visions is club success, not profit. And all of this is going to require a change in priorities by he Glazers, or a change in ownership. It costs real, unrecoverable money to fix mistakes.
Spot on, totally different culture and business model from their perspective. Something has to give.

Couldn’t have put it better myself mate!

I have said a million times the Glazers are too poor to own Man Utd, Man Utd is rich but the glazers aren’t. They don’t have the stomach to write off their bad investments like Martial as you eluded too.

This season for example, we will finish outside top 4 because of their poor decisions yet they will not invest although we are failing. They will also continue to take dividends. Man Utd will have to foot the bill as always for their mistakes. They couldn’t give a toss.