"Up to 11 players now want to leave United after becoming disillusioned with life at the club."

Withnail

No one is making excuses for him. Just stating facts. What evidence do you have he is not showing anything in training? He hasn’t been given a proper opportunity such as a run of games. 2 min sub here and there along with an odd appearance here and there is not enough to demonstrate whether he is good enough or not.
So he's ripping it up in training, one of the best we've got and successive managers just don't fancy him enough to give him a run in the team?

What I mean is that, whatever is going on, he's not doing well at United and cannot be impressing the coaching staff. If it was only when Ole was here then fair enough but at this point it has to start pointing to the player.

I don't know how anyone can claim his time at United so far hasn't been a failure. He's failed to even nail down a sub spot.

TheGame

So he's ripping it up in training, one of the best we've got and successive managers just don't fancy him enough to give him a run in the team?

What I mean is that, whatever is going on, he's not doing well at United and cannot be impressing the coaching staff. If it was only when Ole was here then fair enough but at this point it has to start pointing to the player.

I don't know how anyone can claim his time at United so far hasn't been a failure. He's failed to even nail down a sub spot.
There isn’t exactly a lot of rotation by RR and there wasn’t by Ole. He was clearly promised first team action by Ole but it never happened. Meanwhile our midfield is our weakest area so it’s bewildering we haven’t tried different option.

I hope he goes somewhere else where he’s appreciated a bit more and excels. He’s wasted here.

redmanx

"I know it was you, Jesse. You broke my heart."

*Cut to Jesse Lingard on a little boat with Roy Keane*
I wouldnt be a bit surprised if Pogbas agent was behind it, he'd do anything to rock the boat.

Hughie77

Lots of it is bollocks, Utd lose a game and its always the same. I'm in a place now that if you listen or read everything that's on line on Radio in press, you'd go nuts. Utd are news big news always has always will. And in every TV studio and Radio one there an opinion, on how or what's happening from HP source Hienze source. It leads to threads like this. That's what they want.

the_cliff

Usually I would agree with you. However, it's not like we're ripping up the league right now and we've been struggling the whole season. We have players that struggle to complete a 5 yard pass. I struggle to see how DVB can offer something worse than what's already on offer. We're playing Rashford, Sancho, Bruno and Greenwood as number 10s, it's not like they've been world class this season.

Withnail

There isn’t exactly a lot of rotation by RR and there wasn’t by Ole. He was clearly promised first team action by Ole but it never happened. Meanwhile our midfield is our weakest area so it’s bewildering we haven’t tried different option.

I hope he goes somewhere else where he’s appreciated a bit more and excels. He’s wasted here.
I also hope he does come good whether it's United or somewhere else.

Usually I would agree with you. However, it's not like we're ripping up the league right now and we've been struggling the whole season. We have players that struggle to complete a 5 yard pass. I struggle to see how DVB can offer something worse than what's already on offer. We're playing Rashford, Sancho, Bruno and Greenwood as number 10s, it's not like they've been world class this season.
That just lends more weight to it in my view. We've been terrible and he still can't get a look in. Although, It's still a bit early under Ralph so he could get a few cup games and turn things around.

UpWithRivers

You have to separate the Ole management and the Rangnick management. Yes you can say these players havnt been given the chance over a whole season. But this is new management. They havnt been given a chance over 6 games thats it. What do they expect. What does everyone expect. That he would walk in and bench all the first teamers? Rangnick inherited a massively failing side that was leaking goals left right and center. He needed to stabilize. He has already dropped Shaw, WB, Maguire, Fred, Bruno, Rashford, Ronaldo didnt play one game. He gave a chance to Jones and Elanga. Yes some of these were forced but still what the fk is everyone expecting in 6 games?!I cant understand why not play DVB but give the fkin manager a chance. Both him and Martial downed tools on what week 2, week 3? They should have put their head down worked their arses off in training then by summer they could honestly say I have tried my best and gave all to United and the new manager but I need more opportunities. Then the fans would be like fair enough. We support you. Good luck. Why are they giving up after 6 games?! Why? Because Rangnick should have dropped Bruno on day 1? Walked in and said oi Maguire fk off your not captain anymore? McFred ha ha ha what a fkn joke, piss off to the under 23's. What? Its friggin madness. Maybe by end of Jan the team would be DVB, Lingard and Martial if they just worked hard and sht the fk up. Who knows. But we will never know because all they have done is moan and whine and give up in week fkin 2.

Last edited:

RedIan

Hard to know what is fake bullshit in the press they love to create a crisis and Goldbridge United stand likes to click bait with all this stuff. he changes his tune daily, all about views for his adverts and sponsors,
I suspect there’s a handful considering a move, most won’t be….

croadyman

If the latest reports are true about players refusing to press, Ronaldo threatening to leave because he is not a fan of RR etc, then this club is done. 877m worth of a club just needs to be blown up. I am sure the Glazers will refuse but if the players (the inmates) are running the asylum like this and this team is not worth supporting. This bunch of overpaid coach killers are not worth our support.
Yeah definitely feels like the club is in an awful state right now, especially when Ralf is saying just how many players aren't buying in

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Fred - bless him. He thinks “the number of players wanting to leave is 17” means “the player who wants to leave is the number 17”. Obvious really.
:lol: I think you might be right.
"I know it was you, Jesse. You broke my heart."

*Cut to Jesse Lingard on a little boat with Roy Keane*
:lol: That movie out anytime soon?

pre Munich Red

Essentially, what we have is a squad of highly paid professionals who are not doing the work they are being very well paid for.
The great John Giles, in his roles as pundit, always refers to players ‘doing or not doing their jobs’, a very apt phrase.
If you consistently fail to ‘do your job’ in most private sector organisations, you are warned, given help to improve, and if that fails and continues to fail you are demoted or replaced. This is where Utd are at with this non-performing squad.
‘Do your job’ or be gone.

lost7

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Our players are performing like shit, but to see the commitment of players like Rashford, Maguire, Bruno, Ronaldo etc questioned has been disappointing. As a fanbase, I think we need to do a better job at not believing rumours from every Tom Dick and Harry.

The United

Players can genuinely care about and love United yet play shit for reasons that they can't control at times.

I mean do fans think that players who love the club always play great?

I think they are two different things.

lostcauz

It’s difficult to take Rashfords essay seriously. Fine, you’re not playing well and are disappointed with your performances but that doesn’t stop you putting the effort in and absolutely running yourself into the ground.
I think we can all accept bad results if the work rate is there but it clearly isn’t and hasn’t for a long time.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
He’s been reading the Caf
Phil, CEO of media, and his team have been reading the caf and Twitter, and then advised the players what responses they should take on social media. It's literally how he describes his everyday job.

clarkydaz

Phil, CEO of media, and his team have been reading the caf and Twitter, and then advised the players what responses they should take on social media. It's literally how he describes his everyday job.
Big shout out to Phil if he is on here browsing, gathering data, monitoring fan opinion, considering which angle to push and what story to tell. Take care mate

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Oh go away with your social media brand management bollocks, Rashford. You can tell half a dozen twats in suits came up with that.

Acole9

Outstanding
His long twitter posts are wearing thin. He needs to prove his worth on the pitch.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
It’s difficult to take Rashfords essay seriously. Fine, you’re not playing well and are disappointed with your performances but that doesn’t stop you putting the effort in and absolutely running yourself into the ground.
I think we can all accept bad results if the work rate is there but it clearly isn’t and hasn’t for a long time.
Anything over a paragraph and its an essay :lol: :lol: Short attention span?

Oh go away with your social media brand management bollocks, Rashford. You can tell half a dozen twats in suits came up with that.
His long twitter posts are wearing thin. He needs to prove his worth on the pitch.
These guys cannot win. Say nothing. Get slated. Speak from the heart. Oh you didn’t say that it’s just PR spin.
Give me a break you sound boring. Is anything acceptable? If he stayed quiet you’d be questioning his actions, jesus christ.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
What sort of response are you expecting from the players against Villa ?
feck all, more lacklustre gutless shit, more shirking off the ball work, shit passing from midfield, more half hearted pressing and tackling, more blaming each other and boring social media apologies after the match

dpansheth

These guys cannot win. Say nothing. Get slated. Speak from the heart. Oh you didn’t say that it’s just PR spin.
Give me a break you sound boring. Is anything acceptable? If he stayed quiet you’d be questioning his actions, jesus christ.
yes. Show every doubter that you can overcome any situation with a sheer will. Dont care that much if we loose but atleast show the supporters that there’s fight in you , and you are not okay with how our performances are going. (Blood and Guts time)

Acole9

Outstanding

He's clearly not come up with that himself though. He's got a team which tell him what to say. So it's not from the heart is it.

sugar_kane

Is that true? The general consensus here seems to be that they should stop with the tedious social media posts.

They can of course win, by playing well, or at least trying to play well. Phil Jones is proof of that, universally praised for putting a shift in against Wolves. Didn't need to write some rubbish on Twitter afterwards to show how much he cared about winning.

pre Munich Red

Apart from DeGea, this squad is ‘not doing their jobs’, very straight forward, all of the social media stuff, the ‘apologies’, the ‘we must do betters’, etc,etc., trite rubbish.
One of the highest remunerated squads in the Prem, Europe, and possibly the soccer world, produce performances so poor it is hard to believe.
Wait until Brentford face them!
And this is MUFC?

georgipep

What evidence is there he cannot adjust when he has hardly even featured in the PL? It’s not exactly that the players out there are pressing effectively at all. There is plenty of times where he could have been used in different positions.
The evidence in my eyes is the fact that two managers have not trusted him to play regular football yet. I've also haven't seen him do very well in the games he has been trusted to play some minutes.

Additionally, there have been reports (main source being one article in The Athletic) that he is not coping well with the physical demands of the PL.

TheGame

The evidence in my eyes is the fact that two managers have not trusted him to play regular football yet. I've also haven't seen him do very well in the games he has been trusted to play some minutes.

Additionally, there have been reports (main source being one article in The Athletic) that he is not coping well with the physical demands of the PL.
The first manager hardly rotated the squad at all. He has done well in some of his performances and certainly no worse than the other midfielders. The reports in the press were that Ole and the coaches thought he could not cope with the physical demands yet when he has played he has not looked out of place physically.

The second manager again has stuck with the McFred and Matic in his formation. I hope he gets a move away and goes somewhere where he is valued and away from our toxic environment.

greatscott9930

Supports
St. Louis City Soccer Club
That Rashford Twitter post is cringeworthy isn't it? I suspect that the situation is probably overblown by fans and media, but sometimes the best way to put rumors to bed is to show up on match day and look like you have met your teammates sometime before kick-off. If the team was to come out against Villa and look the part, much of the vitriol would die down. Sometimes it really is best to act rather than speak.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The first manager hardly rotated the squad at all. He has done well in some of his performances and certainly no worse than the other midfielders. The reports in the press were that Ole and the coaches thought he could not cope with the physical demands yet when he has played he has not looked out of place physically.

The second manager again has stuck with the McFred and Matic in his formation. I hope he gets a move away and goes somewhere where he is valued and away from our toxic environment.
But RR picking McFred/Matic over VVD does tell you something doesn't it?

And I think in a 4-2-2-2, VDB's chances of breaking are slimmer. There is no traditional #10 position as well, and for the 2 creative 10 spots, he's fighting with Bruno, Rashy, Sancho and Mason among others for 2 spots, and VDB is the weakest option among all these options.

In midfield 2, VDBs lack of defensive solidity means that he cant play there. Unless all our attackers start contributing to defensive cause, the balance wont be there without two defensive midfielders.

I like VDB and he's clearly intelligent, but unless we are playing a 4-2-3-1 and VDB starts above Bruno as #10, there's no point in VDB.

mctrials23

That Rashford Twitter post is cringeworthy isn't it? I suspect that the situation is probably overblown by fans and media, but sometimes the best way to put rumors to bed is to show up on match day and look like you have met your teammates sometime before kick-off. If the team was to come out against Villa and look the part, much of the vitriol would die down. Sometimes it really is best to act rather than speak.
Its not the modern way. People are pilloried for using the wrong word or saying the wrong thing but actions seem to be ignored as long as the right words are coming out of your mouth.

If I could put in a half assed effort at work and write a 5 minute piece about how hard I am trying and how I will be better in future that would be magical.

greatscott9930

Supports
St. Louis City Soccer Club
Its not the modern way. People are pilloried for using the wrong word or saying the wrong thing but actions seem to be ignored as long as the right words are coming out of your mouth.

If I could put in a half assed effort at work and write a 5 minute piece about how hard I am trying and how I will be better in future that would be magical.
You know what? Maybe that's exactly what has happened here. Maybe Ralf brought in the new psychologist and had an essay writing contest among the players with Enya music playing in the background. Rashford won, and his essay goes straight to Twitter.

(I'm kidding of course, before anyone attacks me)

choccy77

Looking at the many different Twitter reports tonight, one is saying That The players are upset that Carrick left and its the reason why the players are unable or unwilling to perform.

These are professional sportsman ffs acting like children.

Møllemanden

Format c:

The best way to get rid of a virus is to do a complete reset. If players earning hundreds of thousands of pounds every week are disillusioned, let em leave. We need players who want to fight for the badge. There are too many entitled brats in our squad, and it's been like that for many years.

It's always easy to blame the manager. But the fact is all the managers we've had since Fergie retired, who are managing at the moment, are in similar or higher league positions than we are now. And they've all got inferior squads to the one we have now.

I hope the new CEO is going to make better decisions than Ed did. Otherwise we're going to adapt the old Liverpool saying: "There's always next year".

Throw the goddamn primadonnas out and use the players who want to represent the greatest club in the world.

podurban2

Agreed. Show it by running and pressing until you need to be subbed of by the 85th minute because your legs are cramping. Not by dribbling, looking half-assed and then annoyed at the outcome of your own mistakes.

Anyway, I had a dream the other night that I was Rashford and scored five goals for us. Fingers crossed.