"Up to 11 players now want to leave United after becoming disillusioned with life at the club."

Roboc7

The indulgence, nepotism and obsession with nostalgia has left this squad in worse state than ever post SAF. Maybe it’s most talented we’ve had since he left but the culture and attitude is awful.

The next manager needs to be someone who takes us in a new direction and gets the support to rip this apart and force players to comply or leave. Klopp and Pep not only implemented new styles but set standards for work rate and attitude. You don’t meet those, you don’t play and sooner or later you leave. No nonsense about DNA or historical ways, no favouritism.

Gordon Godot

The indulgence, nepotism and obsession with nostalgia has left this squad in worse state than ever post SAF. Maybe it’s most talented we’ve had since he left but the culture and attitude is awful.

The next manager needs to be someone who takes us in a new direction and gets the support to rip this apart and force players to comply or leave. Klopp and Pep not only implemented new styles but set standards for work rate and attitude. You don’t meet those, you don’t play and sooner or later you leave. No nonsense about DNA or historical ways, no favouritism.
Until the structure in the club changes, the manager wont have the freedom to do this. We also need a clarity on overall recruitment philosophy driven by a long term DoF to cover both youth and first team recruitment and scouting. Rather than fans blaming manager, players, the moon or whatever, we should agititate and demand this. Woodward fed teh BS line for years that we were going to hire a DoF via his media contacts, then we hire Fletcher though exactly what his role is noone seems to really know.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Best thing I've ever seen on TalkSport

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Until the structure in the club changes, the manager wont have the freedom to do this. We also need a clarity on overall recruitment philosophy driven by a long term DoF to cover both youth and first team recruitment and scouting. Rather than fans blaming manager, players, the moon or whatever, we should agititate and demand this. Woodward fed teh BS line for years that we were going to hire a DoF via his media contacts, then we hire Fletcher though exactly what his role is noone seems to really know.
Manchester United is pleased to announce the promotion of John Murtough to Football Director and Darren Fletcher to Technical Director, two new roles that will further strengthen the club’s football operations.
John will have overall leadership and responsibility for operations and strategy across all football functions, reinforcing the strong foundations already in place. This appointment builds on the work John has already undertaken in recent years, working closely with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and the rest of the football staff to create the structures, processes and culture to deliver sustained success on the pitch. This has included successful overhauls of the club’s Academy and recruitment department.
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...t-of-football-director-and-technical-director

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
So Maguire is the one leading players against Ronaldo ? Seriously? That's man United for you these days .

Can't believe how far we have fallen off.

Smores

So Maguire is the one leading players against Ronaldo ? Seriously? That's man United for you these days .

Can't believe how far we have fallen off.
Wouldn't surprise me if that was the case, as in he as the captain is the one trying to protect the players from criticism.

It was a point of discussion at the time with Ronaldo and Varane coming in that they'd be a culture shift back to a winners mentality. Most of our players aren't used to that.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
And they do that by not stiffling their playerr's ability to make money
Football is becoming an afterthought at United. That doesn't happen elsewhere. It's time we rebalance things out. If anyone is not happy then he knows where the door is. Good luck finding anyone who would pay our salaries at this time and age for seriously overrated players.

ryansgirl

Do you know anything about Ronaldo off the pitch? How hard he works on the training ground? The extremes he goes to, to maintain his fitness? His professionalism? I guess not. He is a role model to follow.

Ronaldo at his age is a finisher, thats his role now. Ronaldo the winger has long gone, Ronaldo the muscular powerful forward has gone and now its the lithe, poacher/finisher version. He's the icing on top of the cake, cant blame him for the low standards set by other players.

How much off the ball running did Romario do? Or brasilian Ronaldo? Or Messi? Not much. These guys conserve their energy for where its needed, punishing the opposition by scoring goals.
You nailed it. Ronaldo doesn't have to be all over the pitch, he has evolved with age which is why he is still a great player for any team. While I'd choose the Premier League anyday over Serie A for excitement, the Italian league understands what veterans such as Ronaldo and Ibramovitch can bring to a team with their tactical nouse and vision.

Eric Cantona at his peak never did much running, he let the ball do the work which is what Ronaldo does now and even did as a famously atheletic young man.

macheda14

Ronaldo isn't the problem but he is at the same time.

Behind him, our second highest goal scorer this season is Rashford on 3...

It's not his fault of course but the team are not putting in any kind of effort since he arrived, they're expecting him to bail them out all the time.
I mean not that it changes anything, but Mason and Bruno both have 5.

bond19821982

This is all I could find to post here as a tweet. But it's well known that there has been 2 camps in the dressing room.

ryansgirl

What this club needs to do is to order its players from engage in anything that is not football related. That means no more brands, no more political issues, no more instagram, nothing. Whoever doesn't like it can simply handle his transfer request and take his circus with him elsewhere.
That might work if we are living in the 80s but to hold this up as some kind of solution or strategy in the contemporary world is plainly unrealistic and unworkable.
What we really need to do is sort out the squad and sell where we can those who can't cut it, don't have the drive to try or whose agents and salaries make them untenable as any positives are insignificant.

Apparently Paul Pogba's attitude is being praised at managerial level but it's his toxic agent that should be the reason he leaves and if he is allowed to leave on a free I actually think United should just grit their teeth and accept it.

Last edited:

bond19821982

He knows nothing. He's regurgitating paper talk from the sun and the mirror.
Ofcourse. No one knows anything. But I have been late to the party and didn't know that we had 2 camps in the dressing room. Can't believe Harry fecking Maguire is leading a revolution against GOAT !

ryansgirl

Maybe, the problem is we've tried to drop everyone. We've basically tried every single combo of players around Ronaldo and it's still not working.
My question is when is it time to drop the one constant out of all the combinations we've tried ?
This is where Rangnick is likely to demonstrate why he was hired. It's early days and supporters should try some patience instead of the instant fix mentality that's everywhere now. He's been hired to do this kind of work and there's a good chance he will do it successfully.

macheda14

Ofcourse. No one knows anything. But I have been late to the party and didn't know that we had 2 camps in the dressing room. Can't believe Harry fecking Maguire is leading a revolution against GOAT !
Well you shouldn't believe it because it is unsubstantiated.

romufc

This is the one time in a while where the fans are behind the manager over players. He can literally drop anyone and not one fan would be saying what is he doing?

However; he can also find himself on the other side if he keeps playing Rashford, Maguire, Bruno, AWB and performances don't improve.

If he wants intensity, energy like he says he does, it makes no sense starting Ronaldo, Rashy, Matic because they are not able to provide that.

macheda14

He is right what he is saying there though.
Yeh but what’s the point having such a strong overblown view on something he has no actual knowledge of. Are the players weak, yes, but are they disagreeing with Ronaldo because they’re weak? We have no idea because the idea that some players dislike Ronaldo is only being peddled by poorly sourced newspapers.

Are we to forget his rant about how Ronaldo was past it and a snake when he looked like he was going to City?

Golbridge is a budget Andy Tate. He is a fooool.

devilish

You nailed it. Ronaldo doesn't have to be all over the pitch, he has evolved with age which is why he is still a great player for any team. While I'd choose the Premier League anyday over Serie A for excitement, the Italian league understands what veterans such as Ronaldo and Ibramovitch can bring to a team with their tactical nouse and vision.

Eric Cantona at his peak never did much running, he let the ball do the work which is what Ronaldo does now and even did as a famously atheletic young man.
Different times, different team. Also there is a reason why Eric left at a relative young age and that we were more successful without him
That might work if we are living in the 80s but to hold this up as some kind of solution or strategy in the contemporary world is plainly unrealistic and unworkable.
What we really need to do is sort out the squad and sell where we can those who can't cut it, don't have the drive to try or whose agents and salaries make them untenable as any positives are insignificant.

Apparently Paul Pogba's attitude is being praised at managerial level but it's his toxic agent that should be the reason he leaves and if he is allowed to leave on a free I actually think United should just grit their teeth and accept it.
If our players don't like this sort of discipline then they can move elsewhere. I hope they love playing for Newcastle as there aren’t many clubs who can pay our salaries especially for clowns who produce next to nothing on the pitch

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
So that's what, three players now who have called out the rubbish being spouted in the media?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
What about letting their football do the talking? That worked well for the likes of Paul Scholes. MBE can start with simple stuff like less jogging and more running.
MORE RUNNING!

Such a British Criticism, wonder what the likes of Pirlo would have fared at the CAF?

Run MORE Pirlo, run MORE! Doesn’t have to be of any significance, but RUN! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eplel

MORE RUNNING!

Such a British Criticism, wonder what the likes of Pirlo would have fared at the CAF?

Run MORE Pirlo, run MORE! Doesn’t have to be of any significance, but RUN! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bad example for many reasons.

First of all, Pirlo did run a lot, he just didn't do sprints.
Second, even if he didn't, in his position what's really required is to link up play, and he can do that without covering a lot of distance.
Last, Rashford's position, and style of play, requires him to run into space to receive the ball and move into threatening positions. So when people say he's not running, what they complain about is him not chasing the advanced balls his teammates try to play.

devilish

MORE RUNNING!

We can switch the conversation to Italian if you wish. You see, I am no British. I come from Malta were which is located just a spit away from Italy. We eat Italian food, we speak Italian, we've been considered Italians from the Punic age to nearly WW2 and we follow the Serie A once out of our mother's womb as we do with the EPL. So don't talk to me about Pirlo cause I followed him since he was a struggling forward at Brescia.

Pirlo was blessed with a vision, a positioning, a football awareness and a passing range very few midfielders would ever had. A player of that calibre. He was known as il maestro (the master) or il metronomo for his ability to dictate the game. Someone like that would be wasted running after the ball although he did do his fair of work rate when needed. Pirlo was also sided by some work rate junkies as well. The likes of Gattuso and Vidal were instrumental for Pirlo's success at Milan, Inter and Juventus.

Rashford is nowhere near to that sort of player. He lacks the technique, the talent and the football IQ. So yes, he has to contribute more to the team.

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
So that's what, three players now who have called out the rubbish being spouted in the media?
After letting it linger for almost a full week the official club media account have got three players (including the captain) to rubbish a report most likely from one disgruntled player.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
The problems we are now seeing are a result of years of squad incoherence. You suddenly ask them to learn to play modern team football instead of relying on individual talent and the players are either unwilling or unable to do so. The best of them will learn how. The others need to be shown the door. It's costly and it's unpleasant and this will be a terrible season but there is no other way to progress.

When Chelsea switched to Tuchel they already had a lot of high press coached into them by Lampard, albeit not well. And you can see how adding Lukaku to the mix disrupted things because he wasn't a pressing forward. And he gets dropped a lot as a result.

We by contrast could not have gone about things worse with our patch work uncoached squad of shirt sellers. And adding Ronaldo to the mix has just made the problem infinitely worse because he's the ultimate obstacle to the changes that need to be made both in personality and style of play, and also he's considered undroppable because of his symbolic significance. Dropping him is going to be the coming of age of the new culture and if not then it will be stillborn. If I were ETH I wouldn't take the job while he was here. Poch must have doubts too considering he has exactly the same problems with the PSG front three.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
@glazed I agree with you and its the players' unwillingness to change, as well as Man Utd's unwillingness to change them, that makes coaching this club a poison chalice.

In a year's time we will be reading how the players always had doubts about Ten Hag, as he's never having done it outside of Holland. Or that the players always doubted Pochettino could handle big players given his reasons for leaving PSG. Their buddies in the media will make sure all the blame is on the coach. The Board will lap it up too and no doubt fire the guy who succeeds Rangnick, while extending some squad player on a new five year deal 'to protect value.'

This club is sinking like a stone. Its tragic to see it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Football is becoming an afterthought at United. That doesn't happen elsewhere. It's time we rebalance things out. If anyone is not happy then he knows where the door is. Good luck finding anyone who would pay our salaries at this time and age for seriously overrated players.
I feel your frustration and anger tbh. I have it in me, I just know that in this world full of babies and greedy cnuts, you cannot have a super strict club anymore. There needs to some freedom for players but at the same the club has to be above everything. Our club has become a less talented version of PSG. I hate that club with a passion

devilish

I feel your frustration and anger tbh. I have it in me, I just know that in this world full of babies and greedy cnuts, you cannot have a super strict club anymore. There needs to some freedom for players but at the same the club has to be above everything. Our club has become a less talented version of PSG. I hate that club with a passion
I understand what you're saying. However I do believe that the club can survive to impose a media black out on their players in short term especially at a time when you can count financially rich clubs on one hand. Such action would help players refocus on football and it would drive the message through that there are consequences of them playing badly. We need to try something. These holidays during mid season and bringing SAF for a speech strategies are clearly not working.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Expecting to see us have 5 individuals on one side of the pitch and the other 5 on the other tonight with poor DDG stuck in the middle (of the goal).

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Can you imagine going from Ole - with his irrational favouritism, unwillingness to challenge authority and his tactical and coaching shortcomings - to this guy. I wouldn't enjoy that either.

Nordmore

No wonder that all this started when Martial asked to leave in Jan, IMO he is the biggest snake in that dressing room.
May I ask why?

Based on my experience with people someone like him is too naive and honest to be a snake. He has some very childish behaviour like trying his best to not smile when score to look cool. Or didn't act and fall down when that Spurs guy hit him but hit back. He's probably the last guy in the squad I would consider a snake.

Tbh I'd say smart, well spoken, guys always know what to say or do to please others like Ronaldo, Bruno, Rashford etc. are much more likely to be a snake than someone like Martial.

Last edited:

Foxbatt

It has been an afterthought since Woodward took over. That is why Klopp did not come as he wanted to coach a football club and not Disney World. Why we hired the wrong sort of managers at the wrong time.
Can you imagine SAF accepting players lack of effort on the pitch or for that matter any sort of leak from the club? I mean he would crucify anyone who did any leaks. Be it a player or even a staff.
Why on Earth cannot the club stop these leaks? Surely a club of Manchester United's stature should be able to hire some investigators to find out who is responsible? This club has become a joke on the pitch and off the pitch. What a fecking disgrace.