"Up to 11 players now want to leave United after becoming disillusioned with life at the club."

I partially agree with this. In terms of setting standards in terms of physicality, training, mentality, Ronaldo is up there with the very best.

If then you talk about standards in matches, he is not the example. As you say 12 years ago, yes because he performed on the pitch, he was out talisman.

Football has changed, standards have changed. You have to lead with example, throwing your hands in the air is not the way to go about it.

When you get the ball, you have to hold it up, when you lose the ball you chase it down, that is current day standards of a top team.

Gone are the days where talent alone will win you football games, you have to work hard now, players are alot more technical
Yeah agree with everything you said, that is where people get it confused. Nobody is disrespecting how much of a winner he is. As you detailed, football has changed, so has the Premier League, its actually better than we he left in his prime.

He’s now come back very late in his career (we should have got him when he left Real or even a year or two before). Its an unfair expectation to look at him as our talisman, it’s obviously because of the memories fans have of him. He left the country too so most people haven’t seen his decline and the last time they watched him was for us or Real.

He is like a proud old guard dog. I think that’s why he gets frustrated on the pitch as you alluded too. He will never loose his winner mentality, he just doesn’t have the physicality to back it up anymore.

I am thankful he came back though because he’s my favourite ever player and he obviously inspires. It’s just so disappointing that it seems we have brought him back with the intention of him being the main man and building our team around him.

romufc

Yeah agree with everything you said, that is where people get it confused. Nobody is disrespecting how much of a winner he is. As you detailed, football has changed, so has the Premier League, its actually better than we he left in his prime.

He’s now come back very late in his career (we should have got him when he left Real or even a year or two before). Its an unfair expectation to look at him as our talisman, it’s obviously because of the memories fans have of him. He left the country too so most people haven’t seen his decline and the last time they watched him was for us or Real.

He is like a proud old guard dog. I think that’s why he gets frustrated on the pitch as you alluded too. He will never loose his winner mentality, he just doesn’t have the physicality to back it up anymore.

I am thankful he came back though because he’s my favourite ever player and he obviously inspires. It’s just so disappointing that it seems we have brought him back with the intention of him being the main man and building our team around him.
He has seen us go from RIo and Vidic to Maguire and Lindelof. Even in his prime with us, he was not the player to track and press, we played Rooney, Park and the like to cover him, yet now we play Rashford and Greenwood who have no work ethic.

I mean I reckon we would see a better team when we get the balance right in terms of goal scorers and creativity. You cannot play with 1 creative player in Bruno whilst the rest operate on a shoot on sight policy.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Everytime there is a story on us (Ronaldo interview today) Chris Wheeler has his own extra negative spin on it. Like clockwork.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
How many players have their own little cabals leaking shite now? We're such a mess. Most dysfunctional team in the league.

Lee565

All this drama around the club seem explode the minute ronaldo showed up. Great player but it's creating too much of a circus with him here.

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'

Absolutely appalling.

Literally every member of this squad who wants to get better, and that should be everyone on this team as we have 0 World XI players, should be listening to this man.

Hell I would ask to live with him to see exactly what hes doing.

These fools are wasting a golden opportunity to learn from one of the greatest ever on how to take care of their bodies.

All this drama around the club seem explode the minute ronaldo showed up. Great player but it's creating too much of a circus with him here.
We haven’t even been close to challenging for the premier league for 9 years. Nobody from the club has come out and said that’s unacceptable, he knows the mentality of this club is just get too 4. I am delighted Ronaldo is here and rocking the boat.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Why would they? They are earning in excess of 250k pw before even reaching the age of 24. Nobody would even bother hitting the gym.

Avoiding overpaying these average players should be one of the things the new CEO should address. Or fire Judge.

NotThatSoph

One the one hand, it would be nice if players did extra work because of an internal drive for success or to benefit their own careers, but they are employees and expecting them to do extra work for their employers is a bit weird. If more training is beneficial and expected, why is it extra training instead of just part of training?

MinGin

So, is it the reason why our performance dropped a lot this season during Ole and RR?? and the reason of our dressing room split and confuse?
When Ronaldo rejoined, his standing and others are so different to make the dressing room spliting ,and uncontrollable to cause the squad were not backed OLE immediately?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Blimey, wasn't there a report the other day that explicitly stated that Rashford has been putting in extra training sessions?
And now we have something that contradicts that, :lol:

I think of people actually listen to the interview they'll see he actually said nothing of the sort.
Fecking media with a negative spin again and people on here lap it up yet again. :lol::lol:

bringbackbebe

Ronaldo is going to be the manager next year :lol:

On a serious note, the interview, these leaks, captain armband etc give me a feeling that Rangnick is courting Ronaldo to do the talking rather than exposing himself. When Ronaldo talks, people listen. I've also noticed Cavani get very vocal on the pitch with Greenwood since Rangnick came in. It all looks to be a part of a larger story we are not yet a party to.

Laurencio

Blimey, wasn't there a report the other day that explicitly stated that Rashford has been putting in extra training sessions?

I think of people actually listen to the interview they'll see he actually said nothing of the sort.
Fecking media with a negative spin again and people on here lap it up yet again. :lol::lol:
Chris Wheeler has been making things up all season it seems - or he is being fed by a player who wants to cause disruption by exaggerating the truth. The latter looks likely given the amount of nonsense he's written about the dressing room and Ragnick's management.

Acole9

Outstanding

Rashford's PR team have been in overdrive.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Rashford's PR team have been in overdrive.
I can believe that Rashford puts in hours in the gym to be honest. He gained a lot of muscle a few months after his debut and regularly posted photos and videos of him working hard in the gym.

izec

Absolutely appalling.

Literally every member of this squad who wants to get better, and that should be everyone on this team as we have 0 World XI players, should be listening to this man.

Hell I would ask to live with him to see exactly what hes doing.

These fools are wasting a golden opportunity to learn from one of the greatest ever on how to take care of their bodies.
Money, fame, social media, hobbies and whatever nonsense they do outside football are number 1 for most of our players. Football is just a nuisance and a medium to get there. Most of them just dont want to be successful at all costs. That is also how they look like on the pitch, strolling and thinking about what they will do once the game is over.

Gazza

One the one hand, it would be nice if players did extra work because of an internal drive for success or to benefit their own careers, but they are employees and expecting them to do extra work for their employers is a bit weird. If more training is beneficial and expected, why is it extra training instead of just part of training?
I mean, you nailed it in the first part of your first sentence: the expectation is that if you want to be the best you can be, you sometimes need to go above and beyond. If you're happy with your level and don't want to improve, then that's on you. It has always been that way, and it goes beyond football training - in any walk of life, if you want to be better than the rest then you might need to put in some extra effort. Of course these guys shouldn't be forced or pressured into going to the gym, it's more a feeling of being at a loss to why players wouldn't want to be the best version of themselves that they can be.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Why would they? They are earning in excess of 250k pw before even reaching the age of 24. Nobody would even bother hitting the gym.

Avoiding overpaying these average players should be one of the things the new CEO should address. Or fire Judge.
It's pretty understandable, I expect I would do that myself. Who wants the pain of training and playing as hard as possible? Especially when United will offer to extend your contact on the same money no matter how badly or rarely you play. It's a dream come true for a mercenary.

BerryBerryShrew

I would imagine that every Premier League player has a top class home gym setup in their own mansions so Cristiano may be doing them a disservice here. If I was a pro baller looking to do extra training I'd probably do it away from Carrington.

Also they might be doing extra stuff with the ball at their feet rather than gym work. If they are, it is probably far more beneficial than overloading on "explosive" training.

Not knocking Ronnie but just because he can't see it doesn't mean it's not happening.

Erebus

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm not going to lose sleep about anyone who wants to go. Clearly some are near the end of their career, others need to move for their own careers sake, but I'd not stand in the way of anyone who did not want to be here.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Someone posted on twitter that Simon Stone put out a series of tweets.

He definitely has a team behind him that deals with his twitter/PR etc.
Every player does now, but RR also insinuated that Rashford has been working extra hard and showing good form on the training ground.
I'm inclined to believe the manager to be fair.

choccy77

According to reports United have been trying to sign Mata to a new contract. Which he has declined.

WTH is wrong with the the people running this.

minoo-utd

The majority of our players took things so easy with Ole in charge, they seemed too soft and not hungry enough. They are just too lazy to go the extra mile for this club it seems. His words should be so much listened to though.

The Firestarter

According to reports United have been trying to sign Mata to a new contract. Which he has declined.

WTH is wrong with the the people running this.
I really don't want to believe this. They can't be that incompetent. And why would Mata decline, he can retire here.

Jackal981

I can believe that Rashford puts in hours in the gym to be honest. He gained a lot of muscle a few months after his debut and regularly posted photos and videos of him working hard in the gym.
People thought going to gym for a footballer is a special wonderful thing. We have normal people working normal jobs PAY and make extra time to go to the gym voluntarily even though it is not required for their daily jobs. If a pro footballer doesnt want to go the gym (being paid while doing so, got free top class instructors to guide, got tons of free time) his head need to be checked and probably need a few knock in the noggin

Greck

Much as I can't stand these guys entitlements would have been better to avoid all this and retain them with better management because signing so many replacements in such a short window is going to absolutely suck. You need to be realistic and embrace the fact a huge chunk of signings flop. There's every chance some of the replacements will be horrible.