Up to a third of millennials 'face renting their entire life'

MadMike

I think there should be exceptions, not a blanket ban. If you live and work in a foreign country, I think you should be entitled to owning a home.
It will never happen in this country though. All those rich feckers would see their property value plummet.
Legal permanent residents (of any nationality) will be allowed to buy. They are only stopping rich foreign non-residents buying up properties through investment vehicles and driving up the prices. While also creating a shortage of rented properties in the same breath by living those properties empty.

Entirely sensible and we should have that here too.

Vidyoyo

Self-confessed coffee shop chat-up expert
I can't correlate a single one of those generation nicknames to an actual decade. The only time they're brought up is by silly wankers who think you can generalize every single person who was born at a certain time and think that they can argue some kind of point over it.
So journalists.

Silva

I can't correlate a single one of those generation nicknames to an actual decade. The only time they're brought up is by silly wankers who think you can generalize every single person who was born at a certain time and think that they can argue some kind of point over it.
They vaguely make sense. Losts kept being killed in wars. G.I's were conscripted to WW2 but a lot of them when the war was being won. Silents were poor af and basically grew up with nothing and had little to no political power (this is the worst one in terms of generalisation). Boomers were part of a massive birthing boom and population growth. Millennial came of age around the year 2000. Hashtag came of age on social media. It is pointless to generalise beyond the time period they came of age in though.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
They vaguely make sense. Losts kept being killed in wars. G.I's were conscripted to WW2 but a lot of them when the war was being won. Silents were poor af and basically grew up with nothing and had little to no political power. Boomers were part of a massive birthing boom and population growth. Millennial came of age around the year 2000. Hashtag came of age on social media. It is pointless to generalise beyond the time period they came of age in though.
I prefer to judge people on what shows they would watch on TV and video games they played when they were a kid. If you watched a lot of Disney Channel stuff then you're inferior to me.

Grinner

Fat gutted, hairy shouldered, stinky Arse.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
There has been a ton of chinese investment in California with cash buyers driving up prices in the hot areas of the state and making a fortune in rent. It's a nice way to park cash and get a decent return but fecks over the local populations.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
There has been a ton of chinese investment in California with cash buyers driving up prices in the hot areas of the state and making a fortune in rent. It's a nice way to park cash and get a decent return but fecks over the local populations.
Yeah those Chinese and Russian sons of bitches have been doing it in London for years (decades?). It's such a sweet deal that on the new build apartments they don't even bother to rent them out, just buy whole blocks of them and let them sit empty. It's a disgrace really.

Steven7290

In Boston as well, it has been made nearly impossible to get any decent houses around here. A basic two bedroom, two bathroom condo now cost upward of 500k even in suburban area 20 miles from the city.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Hawaii has had similar issues, but in conjunction with many mainlanders moving to the islands and driving up real estate prices.

Vidyoyo

Self-confessed coffee shop chat-up expert
Yeah those Chinese and Russian sons of bitches have been doing it in London for years (decades?). It's such a sweet deal that on the new build apartments they don't even bother to rent them out, just buy whole blocks of them and let them sit empty. It's a disgrace really.
Olympic Village in Stratford felt a lot like that when I lived there.

dumbo

Scout
Down there in hobbit paradiso you can kind of have a go at social policy. But that aint gonna cut any black truffle mustard up here in our capitalistic nuclear inferno. What Tory then Labour then Tory - with a handy from the lib dems have done with housing in this country is fecking despicable. They/we sold our kid's futures for a fast buck/ruble/shekel.