Update on Rooney's ankle injury.

We need him back soon. Im hoping for the best because a prolonged absence leaves us vulnerable in the striking department with Owen also out. Love him or hate him, he's still our best player.

Like others have said, if something happens to Berbatov or Hernandez we are in trouble.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not bothered to be honest. Our two most on form strikers are fit and if anything it will give some youngsters a chance or two. Our main problems are at the back which has nothing to do with Rooney.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Sounds like bullshit. He'll be back for the Derby.

it could also be SAF giving the fans a chance to calm down about him. With Berbatov and Hernandez in great form he knows he's not TOO in need of Rooney at present.
It's rare that Rooney hits the ground running. If the derby is the first game back and we still have Berbatov and Hernandez fit then he shouldnt get into the team.

BaldwinLegend

Still think there's a chance he's going in January.
I don't think so. It's hard to find a single manager who thought he'd leave United - or at least who thought that'd be the right thing for Rooney to do.

Lots of people said it - ex United players, Mourinho, Wenger, etc etc - he was always going to stay.

I agree with Cina - think we might very well see him return against City.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
"Wayne's away at the moment, so there's no recovery," said the boss. "He did his remedial work before he went away, but thereafter we're happy that he's resting." Asked if the three-weeks prognosis still applied, Sir Alex added: "I think it may be longer."
If they haven't seen Rooney since the initial prognosis why do they suddenly think his recovery will be longer than 3 weeks? :confused:

teague

I just watched the press conference. I'm fairly confident it was just Fergie playing games with the City match in mind. It wasn't said as part of his injury update at the start. He added it at the end when a journalist asked if the prognosis was still three weeks out for Rooney. He paused for a moment, very slight hint of a smirk and said something like "oh, maybe a bit longer than that I think". He didn't look upset about it. I think he was just thinking "if they are going to pretend Tevez won't make it, I'll do the same with Wayne".

Also, the presenters in the MUTV studio weren't taking it too seriously. One of them (an ex-player I think) was smiling about it saying he was sure Rooney would be back for City.

wr8_utd

:'(
If he's out for 2 months (which is when the transfer window opens) he'll have pocketed around 1.5 million in wages while doing feck all.

Perhaps he could buy us a half decent forward in January and then all is forgiven.
Rio got paid while being banned 8 months. People are going to be injured and everyone gets paid while their injured.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I just watched the press conference. I'm fairly confident it was just Fergie playing games with the City match in mind. It wasn't said as part of his injury update at the start. He added it at the end when a journalist asked if the prognosis was still three weeks out for Rooney. He paused for a moment, very slight hint of a smirk and said something like "oh, maybe a bit longer than that I think". He didn't look upset about it. I think he was just thinking "if they are going to pretend Tevez won't make it, I'll do the same with Wayne".

Also, the presenters in the MUTV studio weren't taking it too seriously. One of them (an ex-player I think) was smiling about it saying he was sure Rooney would be back for City.
Good stuff. I really really hope he's back for the derby and plays like he has something to prove (which he does)

Drifter

American
Still think there's a chance he's going in January.
I was wondering that.Then again it could be the club giving him more time to patch up his marriage.One thing it isn't is a injury.

Kelvin

i don't buy that rooney ankle injury crap.......:rolleyes:

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Even if he's fit on current form he only merits a place on the bench in the Derby

Godfather

Yeah...just that City probably hopes that Wayne will be back to play against them and that we don't unleash Hernandez on them.

Shimo

In truth I don't see us going with 2 strikers against Shitty anyway. They'll have 3 strong CMs and we'll be overrun if we go with just 2 (unless say Fletch/Carrick play and have a blinder).

Berbatov will start that game as our lonestriker anyway.

Carl

Fergie has said they're looking at the Valencia game on the 7th December as being Rooney's come back game.

That'll be quite a break he'd have had by then. Hopefully we can have a fully fit, on form Wayne Rooney for the second half of the season.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Going by Rooneys previous returns from injury it'll probably take him a while to get up to speed.

Don't think we'll see the best of him before the turn of the year, if we're still in contention by then with Rooneys best form to come and Valencia returning then we have a great chance, when you consider they were our 2 best and most consistent attacking players last season who wed have effectively gone half the season without any contribution it puts things into perspective, its reminiscent of taking Drogba and Malouda out of Chelseas team for half a season, how would they cope?.....

Must say its pleasant to see the team unbeaten and still up there despite effectively having no Rooney this season, hes contributed pretty much nothing so far and yet we're up there unbeaten and scoring plenty to boot, nice to see all those 1 man team taunts flushed down the shitter.

Devil may care

With both Rooney and Owen out we are looking at 5 weeks with only 2 established strikers, today we had no strikers on the sub bench, it's going to be a lot of pressure on Hernandez and Berbatov.

Carl

With both Rooney and Owen out we are looking at 5 weeks with only 2 established strikers, today we had no strikers on the sub bench, it's going to be a lot of pressure on Hernandez and Berbatov.
We would still have Macheda. Whilst he's not "established" and isn't in good form if he was to play a "proper" game for us he'd probably have a partner so would be much more effective.

Devil may care

We would still have Macheda. Whilst he's not "established" and isn't in good form if he was to play a "proper" game for us he'd probably have a partner so would be much more effective.
I like Macheda and think many write him off too soon, but I'd not be very confident if we went into the City match with him replacing Berbatov or Hernandez should anything happen to either of them.

Carl

I like Macheda and think many write him off too soon, but I'd not be very confident if we went into the City match with him replacing Berbatov or Hernandez should anything happen to either of them.
Should that happen we'd simply go with 1 up front. I'm confident with our attacking options. Nani is brilliant, Park seems to be getting back to something half decent, Obertan looks as though he's ready to make an impact and failing that we've always got Darren "shoooooooooooooooooot" Gibson that can play behind the front man.

Denis' cuff

Should that happen we'd simply go with 1 up front. I'm confident with our attacking options. Nani is brilliant, Park seems to be getting back to something half decent, Obertan looks as though he's ready to make an impact and failing that we've always got Darren "shoooooooooooooooooot" Gibson that can play behind the front man.[/QUOTE]

:smirk:

I think it's Wolves @ home on the Sat before Ciddy, which is a Wednesday so the lineup vs Wolves might be interesting as will this weeks match in Turkey

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
We should send him to Serbia or Denmark or where ever that place where that lady uses horse placenta to treat injuries.

Amir

stevebartram1 Steve Bartram
United are sending Rooney over to US Nike Town for a week of fitness work. Officially out of next week's derby, then.

Kelvin

Scholes what have you done to Rooney's ankle? :mad:

Amir

Well, the good news is:

10:09 Mike Phelan says the club feel it's best for all concerned. Wayne's had a lot of attention recently and this trip will allow him to focus solely on his fitness. The ankle injury, by the way, is all but healed. This trip is about conditioning work.