Uploading Pictures Directly From Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That's right. Do we have this feature? Uploading pictures/images directly from device to here? Why don't we have it? It improves the efficiency of posters who wants to post pictures. So can we please have this feature? Arsenal Mania forum has this feature, we can't be beaten by them. Come on guys!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just use one of the myriad free options out there it’s not difficult.

Arsenal Mania likely doesn’t have anywhere near the server demands of this place.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
What option? It's so annoying that everytime we want to post pictures from our devices, we need to upload it somewhere and post the link. It's not efficient and more works to be done.

Remember, this is mainly football forum means about football discussion, you also do stats to back up your point. It means you need to do screen shots too. For example squawka or whoscored comparison stats between players, you can't just post the links to show comparison between players, you need to screen shot it first and saved it to your device.

In my opinion this feature to be able to upload pictures directly from device is very important and relevant.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Ah, this takes me back to my days working on an IT Helpdesk.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
What option? It's so annoying that everytime we want to post pictures from our devices, we need to upload it somewhere and post the link. It's not efficient and more works to be done.

Remember, this is mainly football forum means about football discussion, you also do stats to back up your point. It means you need to do screen shots too. For example squawka or whoscored comparison stats between players, you can't just post the links to show comparison between players, you need to screen shot it first and saved it to your device.

In my opinion this feature to be able to upload pictures directly from device is very important and relevant.
Try this

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don't you read what I just posted. That's what I have been doing which not efficient because you need to sign in, upload and wait for the link to come out as it doesn't come out straight away after being uploaded, it has around 10 seconds for the links to appeared after being upload in the website.

Hectic

Supports
30fps

:lol: There's about 400 million free image hosting websites. How often are you uploading images to back up your posts that you can't go through the extra 20 seconds it takes to use an external site?

It would be slightly better but at a much larger cost for Niall, who does almost nothing to take away from the site right now to cover server costs aside from logged out ads. Pretty fair trade-off to me.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I don't you read what I just posted. That's what I have been doing which not efficient because you need to sign in, upload and wait for the link to come out as it doesn't come out straight away after being uploaded, it has around 10 seconds for the links to appeared after being upload in the website.
I've never signed up to an image hosting company in my life and the images are available to relink after about two seconds.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I think it might be better if Niall puts in place a rule that allows only one squawka or whoscored stats comparison post a day per poster. This benefits you who doesn't need to worry about optimal image linking efficiency and the rest of the forum who doesn't care about stats comparison arguments.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Sign in? What are you on about?

ImgBB as an example takes about 10 seconds!

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Come to think of it I’m sick of having to open a different tab when I want to find YouTube videos to share.

I demand Niall absorbs YouTube into RedCafe and makes my life marginally easier at great cost to himself.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
:lol: There's about 400 million free image hosting websites. How often are you uploading images to back up your posts that you can't go through the extra 20 seconds it takes to use an external site?

It would be slightly better but at a much larger cost for Niall, who does almost nothing to take away from the site right now to cover server costs aside from logged out ads. Pretty fair trade-off to me.

Very often. Including the picture above as well. In my opinion this is relevant because often you see people are lazy to provide stats because after you search the stats, then screen shot them and then you need to sign in into image hosting website and upload them, and yet you need to wait 5-10 secs for the link to show up. Like I said this contains lot of works and will make people being lazy to provide stats. Without stats being shown, people won't come into conclusion and result in being persistent into argument. This also makes mod's job harder to handle this situation of argument among members. This is just one of many cases.

In my opinion this new feature will benefit the mods and the posters in here.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I’m now of the opinion you shouldn’t be allowed to post images at all. Ever.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Sign in? What are you on about?

ImgBB as an example takes about 10 seconds!
I was talking about imgur. Because I can save the pictures and re-use them again. There was stats regarding xGA that I posted in January and I re-used them again 2 months later.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I’m now of the opinion you shouldn’t be allowed to post images at all. Ever.
So how are you going to post stats then? Because the stats will need to be coordinated to show which area you want to show and relevant to your point of the discussion.

Siorac

So how are you going to post stats then? Because the stats will need to be coordinated to show which area you want to show and relevant to your point of the discussion.
I think the "you" in that sentence wasn't a general "you" - he meant you, personally, shouldn't be allowed to post images again.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
StatHecticRado_N
Posts72,249101,171
Fucks Given00
Has Been Admin?YesNo

Don't take everything he says seriously. Reason why there are no image uploads has been explained.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
imgur is awful now. I use Imgbb and it takes about 10 seconds.

Hectic

Supports
30fps

Very often. Including the picture above as well. In my opinion this is relevant because often you see people are lazy to provide stats because after you search the stats, then screen shot them and then you need to sign in into image hosting website and upload them, and yet you need to wait 5-10 secs for the link to show up. Like I said this contains lot of works and will make people being lazy to provide stats. Without stats being shown, people won't come into conclusion and result in being persistent into argument. This also makes mod's job harder to handle this situation of argument among members. This is just one of many cases.

In my opinion this new feature will benefit the mods and the posters in here.
To be fair I used imgbb and it took less than a second to get my image link on there:

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
think of all the great things you could do in those ten seconds if Niall wasn't so selfish and allowed direct image uploads at a massive cost to himself though.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
StatHecticRado_N
Posts72,249101,171
Fucks Given00
Has Been Admin?YesNo

Don't take everything he says seriously. Reason why there are no image uploads has been explained.
What was it? However, as long as it is relevant to the thread topic, it should still be relevant and be allowed to upload image don't you think?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can you take a video of yourself uploading an image on one of these sites please.

To be fair I used imgbb and it took less than a second to get my image link on there:

How was this done so fast :lol:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
What was it? However, as long as it is relevant to the thread topic, it should still be relevant and be allowed to upload image don't you think?
It’s probably the last serious answer that you’ll get here, but — pictures need to be stored somewhere on a server, that server needs to be up and running 24/7, and the capacity of it should hypothetically be able to match your insatiable need to post different stats in order to improve your efficiency as a poster. This costs real money.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It still takes more effort because after picture is being uploaded, you will need to wait few seconds period before the link can be used, and then we will need to open the image in new tab to use the link because the link that is provided when you uploaded doesn't work for the forum's insert image tool.

It's the same problem imgur have, I will need to open the image in new tab to get the link that I can use for this forum's insert image tool.

hmchan

It would be a great feature, but stats can be easily presented using a table here.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It still takes more effort because after picture is being uploaded, you will need to wait few seconds period before the link can be used, and then we will need to open the image in new tab to use the link because the link that is provided when you uploaded doesn't work for the forum's insert image tool.

It's the same problem imgur have, I will need to open the image in new tab to get the link that I can use for this forum's insert image tool.
that is awful, how do you find time to do other things in the day? Your poor wife and kids must be sitting in the background waiting for their father to finish uploading. "Dad, dad, when are you going to come play with us, when will you stop uploading?".

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It’s probably the last serious answer that you’ll get here, but — pictures need to be stored somewhere on a server, that server needs to be up and running 24/7, and the capacity of it should hypothetically be able to match your insatiable need to post different stats in order to improve your efficiency as a poster. This costs real money.
Ok.

I'm just giving my recommendation that's all to improve the efficiency of the users/posters as I see some forum website have this tool (like arsenal mania). Whether it's worth the money to invest it or no, well I have no idea how much, thus at the end it's you guys decision.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
And to be clear, I don’t just mean football games, I mean all games.

Rugby, Olympic, monopoly, every game that happens around the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.