Uploading Pictures Directly From Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
that is awful, how do you find time to do other things in the day? Your poor wife and kids must be sitting in the background waiting for their father to finish uploading. "Dad, dad, when are you going to come play with us, when will you stop uploading?".
I don't. And it's annoying. Everytime I do such things, I realised I just wasted 30 minutes on one bloody thing. Thus why I posted this recommendation.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Ok being serious for a moment, it takes you 30 minutes to upload and share a picture?!

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I don't. And it's annoying. Everytime I do such things, I realised I just wasted 30 minutes on one bloody thing. Thus why I posted this recommendation.
:lol: Your commitment to this is great. You've changed my mind now and even though I don't give a shit about stats or the miniscule time it takes to use a third-party site I now fully support you and your journey of a lifetime.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Let’s do this the old fashioned way and put it to a poll...

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Ok being serious for a moment, it takes you 30 minutes to upload and share a picture?!
You also need to take into consideration about the time to coordinate the stats mate. Like I said before, you screen shot the stats to show which area you want to show and relevant to your point of the discussion.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
You also need to take into consideration about the time to coordinate the stats mate. Like I said before, you screen shot the stats to show which area you want to show and relevant to your point of the discussion.
Yeah but the breakdown is something like 29 minutes and 40 seconds to coordinate the stats, 20 seconds to use an image hosting website.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Let’s do this the old fashioned way and put it to a poll...
Like I said before, I believe the tool is important and relevant but if the cost of the investment is not worthy then end of the day it's the mod's decision to choose. We have no idea how much it will cost so even if the poll says we should have the tool then it doesn't mean we should implement it but I posted this just to give my recommendation.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Like I said before, I believe the tool is important and relevant but if the cost of the investment is not worthy then end of the day it's the mod's decision to choose. We have no idea how much it will cost so even if the poll says we should have the tool then it doesn't mean we should implement it but I posted this just to give my recommendation.
If we found out the cost would you be willing to set up a donation page or go around to all your local shops with one of those donation jars by the till? To be honest if I saw a donation jar that said "Money needed to fund image hosting on a football forum" I'd probably pick that over any charity.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yeah but the breakdown is something like 29 minutes and 40 seconds to coordinate the stats, 20 seconds to use an image hosting website.
You need to open new tab, copy the link means in your ipad you need to press the screen to make the copy & paste selection to appear. Again, it takes more than just 20 seconds. When you upload the picture directly from device here, all you need after coordinate the stats/picture, you just click the button to upload and then upload. That's it.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If we found out the cost would you be willing to set up a donation page or go around to all your local shops with one of those donation jars by the till? To be honest if I saw a donation jar that said "Money needed to fund image hosting on a football forum" I'd probably pick that over any charity.
The answer has been written in the post you replied. If you read, you will get your answer. :p

Hectic

Supports
30fps
You need to open new tab, copy the link means in your ipad you need to press the screen to make the copy & paste selection to appear. Again, it takes more than just 20 seconds. When you upload the picture directly from device here, all you need after coordinate the stats/picture, you just click the button to upload and then upload. That's it.
You already converted me earlier. The next step is to shave off those 2-3 seconds it takes to locate and click the image upload button. What if Niall can enable microphone access and provide us a tool to use voice input we can say something like "Upload my stat" or even condense it further into shouting "STAT!" and it auto uploads the last saved image?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
:lol: Your commitment to this is great. You've changed my mind now and even though I don't give a shit about stats or the miniscule time it takes to use a third-party site I now fully support you and your journey of a lifetime.
I don't post lazy argument like some posters you know. :lol:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You already converted me earlier. The next step is to shave off those 2-3 seconds it takes to locate and click the image upload button. What if Niall can enable microphone access and provide us a tool to use voice input we can say something like "Upload my stat" or even condense it further into shouting "STAT!" and it auto uploads the last saved image?
I challenge you to demonstrate into action.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Ok.

I'm just giving my recommendation that's all to improve the efficiency of the users/posters as I see some forum website have this tool (like arsenal mania). Whether it's worth the money to invest it or no, well I have no idea how much, thus at the end it's you guys decision.
Arsenal Mania have 1/10th of the posts that we do, and nowhere near the amount of traffic the caf has.

RedCafe Alexa Rank: #67,678
Arsenal Mania Alexa Rank: #893,687

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:lol:

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Oh man we're at an all time low.
Damien can you chart United Academy's post count alongside that graph please to see if there is any correlation.

I'm not jumping to any conclusions here it's just relevant to the discussion.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I thought Pogba had a really good game on Sunday but I didn't see any stats so now I don't know what to think.

Member 60376

Damien can you chart United Academy's post count alongside that graph please to see if there is any correlation.

I'm not jumping to any conclusions here it's just relevant to the discussion.
But correlation does not imply causation. As someone who is so fond of gathering data, you should know this. Its the basics.

Standards are slipping in this place I tell you.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
But correlation does not imply causation. As someone who is so fond of gathering data, you should know this. Its the basics.

Standards are slipping in this place I tell you.
Spot on. Correlation does not imply causation, that's so basic. Hectic has lost the plot here.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Imagine everyone uploading shit from their phones the whole time. It would be nothing but reaction gifs and images. Billy Blaggs with those privileges would break the forum and bankrupt Niall within a day.

With a slightly higher barrier of entry people might decide against posting any old shit and actually think about whether the image they want add anything.

Deery

Dreary
How are people able to post a perfect picture and mines come out with the Imgur advertising on it, I think it’s all a conspiracy and the mods have image uploading.

Also, it would be shit because you’d get a thread full of memes and photos instead of proper posts it would be a nightmare. At least this way the image uploaded has to be somewhat decent for you to bother posting it.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
How are people able to post a perfect picture and mines come out with the Imgur advertising on it, I think it’s all a conspiracy and the mods have image uploading.

Also, it would be shit because you’d get a thread full of memes and photos instead of proper posts it would be a nightmare. At least this way the image uploaded has to be somewhat decent for you to bother posting it.
That's why there is rule about posting pictures that relevant with the topic and thread of the post. If there is irrelevant photos or memes then ban and give a warning to the posters. If anything, meme pictures are easy because you don't need to coordinate the pictures, screen shot and upload the images. You just need to search it in google and copy paste the image straight away.

Deery

Dreary
That's why there is rule about posting pictures that relevant with the topic and thread of the post. If there is irrelevant photos or memes then ban and give a warning to the posters. If anything, meme pictures are easy because you don't see screen shot and upload the images, you just need search it in google and copy paste the image straight away.
That seems a bit extreme, when would the violation be deemed acceptable to give a ban or warrant a warning?

You’d get people complaining about such and such never got a warning but I did.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That seems a bit extreme, when would the violation be deemed acceptable to give a ban or warrant a warning?

You’d get people complaining about such and such never got a warning but I did.
In the rule list, there is one of the rule says generic memes and gifs (popcorn eating etc) are not allowed in the football forums because they are treated as off-topic.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Sorry @UNITED ACADEMY this is a dead end discussion. Image hosting just isn't going to happen.

CLOSE SHUTTERS

Status
Not open for further replies.