US Men's National Team Discussion

bosskeano

ok...now that has to be bs

soccernet.com has a conversation where they are saying Ernie Stewart has reached out to see if Jose Mourinho would be interested in taking the USMNT job

fuk me

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

soccernet.com has a conversation where they are saying Ernie Stewart has reached out to see if Jose Mourinho would be interested in taking the USMNT job

fuk me
If that was indeed the case, then the Italian journalists/media outlets would have been all over this. As of now, they're completely silent.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

fuk me
I don't buy this at all (that we officially reached out). I wonder if it is based on the same Sun article referenced here: Who Will Coach the USMNT Next? The Job Isn’t As Enticing As You Think. - The Ringer which has a title of " Jose Mourinho is ‘being eyed by USMNT to lead World Cup 2026 hopes’ as Gregg Berhalter’s future is ‘uncertain’ " but the article itself says absolutely nothing other than he is open to coaching a National team but probably not Portugal.

bosskeano

looking forward to watching the match tonight against Serbia.....See what the hype is around Vasquez and Zendejas

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
looking forward to watching the match tonight against Serbia.....See what the hype is around Vasquez and Zendejas
Same, should be a fun watch. Some other interesting names on the roster too: JoGo, Gressell, Paxton, and Cowell.

Don't forget, you need HBO Max to watch it in English. Bastards made be purchase yet another streaming service, but at least I get The Last of Us out of it.

bosskeano

Same, should be a fun watch. Some other interesting names on the roster too: JoGo, Gressell, Paxton, and Cowell.

Don't forget, you need HBO Max to watch it in English. Bastards made be purchase yet another streaming service, but at least I get The Last of Us out of it.
Last of Us is quality so far....

I'll find it on a streaming site like i typically do with most football matches

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Reyna with another winning goal and same celebration. Yah, I’m on board with it as a dig at Gregg. Petty, but why not.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
So far so good for HBO. The picture quality on HBO Max is light years beyond the shit CBS Served up, which is a shame because the pre/post game group on CBS was awesome.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Good game so far. Cowell has looked good and Neal looks really composed for a 19 yo CB with no MLS starts

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Really impressed with Neal in that first half. Great composer on the ball and solid in this positioning. Not a name I was familiar with before tonight.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Worst players on the pitch tonight were the 2 WC guys. Zimmerman was anonymous until he was at fault for the goal and Acosta has given the ball away constantly the second half.

Cowell and Zendejas the two standout players and even with his mistake I was impressed by Neal.

bosskeano

Worst players on the pitch tonight were the 2 WC guys. Zimmerman was anonymous until he was at fault for the goal and Acosta has given the ball away constantly the second half.

Cowell and Zendejas the two standout players and even with his mistake I was impressed by Neal.
for a CB....anonymous is a good thing to be fair. Neal, at only 19, was solid but not great. his positioning at times was poor and made a bad mistake that was costly but he's young and it's a learning experience.

thought the front three were lively in Cowell, Vasquez and Zendejas who all happen to dual eligible for US/Mexico. If we can get these three to stick with the national team that's great for the US as it'll provide competition and depth to an already strong attacking group of players.

Really liked the Sonora guy as he's tidy on the ball but not super mobile so had some issues with how they press.

guys i didn't like as debutants...Gressel, Pomykal. Just out of their depth even against a Serbia team that was playing a transitioning team. Gomez....decent LB but lightweight in the tackle and his distribution was poor and never really added anything going forward.

Acosta is shit and we all know it.

Aidan Morris was decent but clearly miles off from Adams in a HUGE position of need for depth purposes.

Thought the 18 yr old keeper Slonina was impressive for someone so young and inexperienced.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Clownshow. Top 2 guys gone, no coach, but Berhalter still not officially gone. No one is in charge of US Soccer.

bosskeano

Clownshow. Top 2 guys gone, no coach, but Berhalter still not officially gone. No one is in charge of US Soccer.

tbf....both Stewart and McBride should have been fired as should Greg.

Crazy part is that Cindy Parlow is the head of US Soccer and she's too fuking busy dealing with the NWSL scandals that had half the coaches in the league fired for sexual harassment.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
tbf....both Stewart and McBride should have been fired as should Greg.

Crazy part is that Cindy Parlow is the head of US Soccer and she's too fuking busy dealing with the NWSL scandals that had half the coaches in the league fired for sexual harassment.
Can we agree that having leadership all be ex-players is a bad thing? Especially when they were all teammates?

And yeah, Parlow is trying to steer a paper raft down a shit river.

bosskeano

Can we agree that having leadership all be ex-players is a bad thing? Especially when they were all teammates?

And yeah, Parlow is trying to steer a paper raft down a shit river.
I like ex players being part of the program HOWEVER they should never be in BOTH power positions especially if they played on the same WC squad. There has to be a balance and quite honestly Cindy Parlow has seriously dropped the ball for both mens and womens programs.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Acosta has picked up right where he left of from the Serbia game rest of his career.

bosskeano

Acosta has picked up right where he left of from the Serbia game rest of his career.
:lol: he's shit

paxton missed a couple he should have buried and same with Hoppe....Jesus has played that false 9 well

Acosta, Ariola, Long and Williamson are shit

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
:lol: he's shit

paxton missed a couple he should have buried and same with Hoppe....Jesus has played that false 9 well

Acosta, Ariola, Long and Williamson are shit
The Aaronson's are genetic freaks. Paxton was playing both as a 10 and 6, at the same time. Non stop movement. Lightweight, like his brother, but looks good. Has that knack of getting in great spots. Hoppe has been good too. I am a Hoppe truther though, so I'm a bit biased.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Weston at Leeds should be interesting. His periodic fits of midfield madness should fit right in. Leeds should just grab Musah and complete the MMA set.

bosskeano

Sucks for Weston to go there and have Jesse get sacked.....

I think this is the perfect time for the US to hire Jesse as the USMNT Head Coach

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

I think this is the perfect time for the US to hire Jesse as the USMNT Head Coach
I used to be in this line, but having watched a lot of Leeds this season I don’t think it’s a great fit. JM’s teams looked so fragile defensively and have big issues scoring without a quality striker. Sound familiar? Better option than GB? Absolutely, but I would hope we could find a better fit.

bosskeano

I used to be in this line, but having watched a lot of Leeds this season I don’t think it’s a great fit. JM’s teams looked so fragile defensively and have big issues scoring without a quality striker. Sound familiar? Better option than GB? Absolutely, but I would hope we could find a better fit.
i think he's the best american option right now that has a track record in europe....he's certainly a better option that GB and he's tactically way more adept to the modern game than GB. I believe he'd have the status as well to bring in some dual nationals and some of these guys on the fence who are mexican americans.

If not him then we have to look at a foreign coach which honestly i'm not that fond of doing unless he's a coach with good experience and multi lingual

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
But club football is much more different to the national team setup. I think Marsch would fare alright with the US and much better choice than just about any other American stooge.

But who are the other options out there? I would take the Saudi coach, Herve Renard, any day but who knows if he can leave or has other options available.

smallsnc

Supports
Tottenham

Please, not Jesse as USMNT Coach. He did not succeed in the Bundesliga or the PL and that style, IMO, will not work with a national team, especially with the limited time teams have to train together.

smallsnc

Supports
Tottenham
i think he's the best american option right now that has a track record in europe....he's certainly a better option that GB and he's tactically way more adept to the modern game than GB. I believe he'd have the status as well to bring in some dual nationals and some of these guys on the fence who are mexican americans.

If not him then we have to look at a foreign coach which honestly i'm not that fond of doing unless he's a coach with good experience and multi lingual
The problem is that he is not tactically adept. He has one style that, while it may be fun to watch, has not proven to be successful. His defenses just simply leak goals.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Well, he didn’t say no. It also sounded like he’s at least give it some thought. Maybe a manager/player role :wenger:

bosskeano

i wouldn't say no to him taking over...english isn't an issue...language wouldn't be an issue and he knows the american players plus i'm sure he could bring in a few dual national players