US Men's National Team Discussion

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
sloppy from DeLaTorre....he never got out to the rb and press which allowed tehm to play into the forward
Basically the mf went MIA. Well done by Reynolds to set up McKennie there. 4-1

edit: sorry, trusty, not Reynolds

bosskeano

Reyna looks like he's trying to send a message about why he belongs in the starting XI....well except for his defensive workrate which is kind of appalling

bosskeano

Thought he was AWOL in the first half and showed some real lack of hustle after losing the ball..
yeah i added the defensive thing to in essence show that he's been a bit lazy...forcing the other two CM's to do too much work

bosskeano

easy finish for Pepi...6-1

great ball though by DeLaTorre.....keeper takes a pretty shocking angle to get beat at the near post

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
yeah i added the defensive thing to in essence show that he's been a bit lazy...forcing the other two CM's to do too much work
Agreed. Really starting to worry about him. The last 6 months he’s gone from starlet to sulking teen to mamas boy. From starting at Dortmund to barely getting off the bench.

bosskeano

he needs to get the new guys(Cardoso, Sonora and Zendejas) on the pitch so they can experience this concacaf away type of atmosphere and pitches

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Scally has done well on the left. Hudson really needs to get CP off the field. This is getting stupid

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
this Musah kid has really grown on me....he's a quality player
Such a classy midfielder. If he can keep improving the vision/passing portion of his game we will have a star on our hands. Already an elite ball carrier.

bosskeano

Zendejas is a lefty which i really like as well to give us a bit of balance when you want to have it

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Keeper just pulled off two amazing saves. How does the same guy do those and also let in Pulisics goal? :lol:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Zendejas and Pulisic are having absolute mares tonight. Also, I have no idea what kind of shape we are trying to play. A good manager may not have a huge impact on an international team but good lord a bad one can feck things up.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Zendejas and Pulisic are having absolute mares tonight. Also, I have no idea what kind of shape we are trying to play. A good manager may not have a huge impact on an international team but good lord a bad one can feck things up.
Is this a qualifier or a friendly?

bosskeano

supposed to be what looks like a 4231 but Reyna looks like he is playing as a second striker so the press is more like a 442

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I almost boycotted tonight’s game because it’s such a blatant money grab, but I just can’t bring myself to. It’s kinda embarrassing though.

edcunited1878

I almost boycotted tonight’s game because it’s such a blatant money grab, but I just can’t bring myself to. It’s kinda embarrassing though.
Hahahahaha...so true, so true, yet so funny. And these games would be talked about for Berhalter as if it's some kind of positive if they win. Grand scheme of things it makes zero difference. Just a filler game and taking advantage of the scheduling.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Hahahahaha...so true, so true, yet so funny. And these games would be talked about for Berhalter as if it's some kind of positive if they win. Grand scheme of things it makes zero difference. Just a filler game and taking advantage of the scheduling.
I guess it will be fun to see Cowell and Vazquez again and it’s cool to see young Wiley get a call up. Would be shocked if he sees minutes. I will likely fall asleep. fecking 10:30 start time. We are not a serious football country.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Some halftime thoughts:

-Sean Johnson might be the worst footballer I have ever seen. Great shot stopper, but holy shit he can’t kick a ball.

-Fereira and Acosta’s inability to trap a football is breathtaking.

-the inability of the entire team (not named Dest) to pass the ball on the ground is downright impressive. Every pass is bobbling up, which combined with the aforementioned inability to trap the ball is a slight problem.

-both teams are bad.

-I am definitely falling asleep in the second half.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Takes off two forward players and puts on two midfielders, switches to a back 3 when down a goal. Makes total sense. Hey, at least the absurdity is keeping me awake.

bosskeano

how Acosta and Long still make this roster is shocking....now i know it's an exclusive MLS roster but ffs there has to be two better young kids to get a run than these two clowns