US Politics

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
So, after a year of pretty uniform opposition from within the party and outside, M4A remains net positive among all voters.

As usual, the age demographics.

"I have my Medicare an you won't get it"

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Anyone have the facts on why a coronavirus bill was blocked today?

I'm seeing RWNJs in collective outrage on social media, along with sane persons who do not align with the GOP.

One person posted the link below from The Daily Wire (read with skepticism).
https://www.dailywire.com/news/brea...ll-that-provides-lifeline-to-economy-families

--Democrats tried to claim that the bill was a corporate bailout and a slush fund and did not protect workers, which is misleading.

Part of what Democrats have used to try to make the claim was a component of the relief package that gives the Treasury Department the power to distribute $500 billion in emergency federal loans to states, cities, and businesses.--

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Anyone have the facts on why a coronavirus bill was blocked today?

I'm seeing RWNJs in collective outrage on social media, along with sane persons who do not align with the GOP.

One person posted the link below from The Daily Wire (read with skepticism).
https://www.dailywire.com/news/brea...ll-that-provides-lifeline-to-economy-families

--Democrats tried to claim that the bill was a corporate bailout and a slush fund and did not protect workers, which is misleading.

Part of what Democrats have used to try to make the claim was a component of the relief package that gives the Treasury Department the power to distribute $500 billion in emergency federal loans to states, cities, and businesses.--
Also the democrats wanted 35 million for art performance center plus a few more things that’s nothing to do with coronavirus.
- Still waiting for my check......

Revan

Assumptionman
2 trillion dollar bill passed 100-0 in the senate. This must be a first (in recent history).

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Also the democrats wanted 35 million for art performance center plus a few more things that’s nothing to do with coronavirus.
- Still waiting for my check......
You mean the John F Kennedy Centre for the performing arts, for which Melania Trump and Republican Senator Blunt operate on the board of trustees and Trump has since come out and defended the decision to leave the funding in for?

Drifter

American
Let's never hear when it comes to Medicare For All "where are you going to get the money from".

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Let's never hear when it comes to Medicare For All "where are you going to get the money from".
"Due to spending an unprecedented two trilion dollars in March we cannot afford universal health care at this point in time" is my guess.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Not one more dime to the national debt!*

*If Democrat in power. If Republican in power, debt is misunderstood, doesn't matter and we'll approve anything you'd like.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Literally "better dead than red" (or in this case, green)
Dying so the younger generations don't have their futures ruined by a more eco friendly policy. Couldn't make it up and also easy to say if you work from your fecking basement.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
fecking hope cruise lines dont get a bailout
I think I read somewhere that despite Trump’s calls for their protection, the Democrats actually explicitly negotiated them out getting a single cent from this.

They don’t pay anything in federal taxes as they are all registered offshore. There was plenty of economical arguments against them before you even got to the climate arguments.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
fecking hope cruise lines dont get a bailout
Considering cruiseships are way bigger polluters than most other forms of transportation and those assholes in DC just let the EPA suspend all environmental rules.. They probably will:

'Holy Crap This Is Insane': Citing Coronavirus Pandemic, EPA Indefinitely Suspends Environmental Rules
"The EPA uses this global pandemic to create loopholes for destroying the environment. This is a schoolbook example for what we need to start looking out for."
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...demic-epa-indefinitely-suspends-environmental

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Inappropriate Content
Considering cruiseships are way bigger polluters than most other forms of transportation and those assholes in DC just let the EPA suspend all environmental rules.. They probably will:

'Holy Crap This Is Insane': Citing Coronavirus Pandemic, EPA Indefinitely Suspends Environmental Rules
"The EPA uses this global pandemic to create loopholes for destroying the environment. This is a schoolbook example for what we need to start looking out for."
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...demic-epa-indefinitely-suspends-environmental
This is why I hope Trump and every single Republican politician die from covid-19.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I think I read somewhere that despite Trump’s calls for their protection, the Democrats actually explicitly negotiated them out getting a single cent from this.

They don’t pay anything in federal taxes as they are all registered offshore. There was plenty of economical arguments against them before you even got to the climate arguments.
YEah I hope so. You never know with Ron Desantis though, cuntbucket

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
He should volunteer first and be the American hero we all need.
Yeah all people who feel that way should go help at a hospital or something. If they truly only care about the economy then thats the first thing they should do to help keep it going again. Or hell go stock the shelves at a grocery store. Maybe help local fire and pd. I'm waiting.

Easy for people like Beck to say these things from the confines of their studio safety nests.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Yeah all people who feel that way should go help at a hospital or something. If they truly only care about the economy then thats the first thing they should do to help keep it going again. Or hell go stock the shelves at a grocery store. Maybe help local fire and pd. I'm waiting.

Easy for people like Beck to say these things from the confines of their studio safety nests.
I meant volunteer in a different way :nervous:

Revan

Assumptionman
The bitch, trying to do some real work instead of just fighting with everyone on Twitter. Traitor!

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Just saw that Jay Carney works for amazon now. Let's see what other Obama staff are up to.

• David Axelrod, CNN commentator
  • David Plouffe, Uber and Facebook
  • Robert Gibbs, McDonalds
  • Eric Holder, works for a law firm whose clients are the Wall Street firms he didnt prosecute
  • Susan Rice, Netflix
  • Tim Geithner, run a a private equity firm
  • Robert Gates, Starbucks
  • Jeh Johnson, Lockheed Martin
  • Lisa Jackson, Apple

inspiring stuff

In Rainbows

Shaun has since deleted his tweet
I don't see why he would, unless he was truly wrong. For example, Kamala was a cosponsor of the bill, yet everyone knows that she backed down from it. She's still on that bill as a cosponsor. Being a cosponsor doesn't prove you'll truly fight for it.

However, that doesn't mean that Shaun is automatically right or wasn't talking nonsense. It depends on knowing the politician. I'm ignorant about him. I'm just pointing out that a cosponsor doesn't shut down the conversation.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I feel that Washington Post must assign a team to write a story on Shaun Kings idiocy. Why are not more people talking about his tweet?
There would probably be less interest in such tweets if King wasn't a such a self-promoting charlatan who appears more interested in making dramatic tweets than actually addressing the underlying substance of the issues he claims to care about.